Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied to the position of Cashier at a new store being built in Cary, NC. After about 2 or 3 weeks, I received an email inviting me to a job fair to interview for the position. Attended the job fair about 2 weeks later and interviewed with another Harris Teeter store manager. The interview was fairly short, I must say. The bulk of the interview was just talking about what would be happening in the next couple of months with the new store. After the interview, I took a drug test and signed for a background check, both of which would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Since this is my first job, most of the questions were about my availability, extracurricular activities, and just school in general   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

They called to set interview for 3 days away in FoxChase King St location. Interview had about 7 questions. Then I was told she liked me and was I willing to take a drug test. I said yes. She got out a mouth-swab and begin to test. Said will call back in 4-5 days if I passed along with the criminal background check. I got a call 1 week later with an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? Have you been in a situation where your co-workers where hostile and how did you handle it ?   View Answer
    Asked will I accept the rate of pay and the title of position and will I accept the hours they thought were best for me (ft/pt)

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Applied online. I was contacted by a pharmacy recruiter 2 days later. I had an initial informal interview with the recruiter. She then set me up with the district manager for a 1:1 in person interview. The recruiter followed up with me a week later

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied online and was called in for an interview two days later. The interview was very relaxed, the questions were easy, but still dress formally. After a background check and a drug test, five days later I started my training.

Interview Questions
    If you have no previous job experience, you have little room to negotiate. Pay will most likely be above minimum wage.

Third Shift Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2014.

Put in an application online, About 4 weeks later I was called by the night manager for an interview. Friendly , very thorough, understanding willing to work with me. A time and date was quickly arranged and I met them on arranged day.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions were asked besides the usual "Are you looking to advance?" Are you willing to work evenings , weekends, holidays etc. etc.   Answer Question
    Took a drug test on the spot, followed by paperwork for a background check. About a week later I was called and offered $10 /hr and accepted, the manager was professional, very easy to talk to , think the rest of the company could learn a thing or two from him!

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

I went to a hiring event and I went through two interviews. Also I went through a drug test and they told me to wait 10- 14 days for the background. But I called yesterday and they told me that it is still in progress.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

Applied online in April. Got a phone interview mid-July. During the phone interview I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. 1:1 interview was nice, fairly casual, I believe the main point was to assess your ability to talk to customers without freezing up. I dressed casually, but not too formal. Immediately after the 1:1 interview, before I left, I was asked to take a drug test (just sit there for 5ish minutes with a swab on a stick in your mouth). Within a week, I was called and told my drug and background checks came back fine and was asked when I wanted to come in to fill out tax forms.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly straightforward - Previous experience, Why do you want to work at Harris Teeter, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation, very flexible scheduling made up for it in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2014.

It was a easy interview nothing hard just simple questions as in your availability and why your interested in working for Harris teeter... I was hired on the spot and I love it there

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my availability with them cause I have a son and still be able to get my 30 hrs

Cashier Interview

Called for in store interview, if acceptable, must have background check and drug screen. Interviewer stated that if all went well, than an offer would be made that I could accept or decline. Interviewer stated that they had other interviews and the would choose the best qualified candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how are you trying to improve upon that weakness?   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Take it or leave it

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!