Harris Teeter Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

I went to a hiring event and I went through two interviews. Also I went through a drug test and they told me to wait 10- 14 days for the background. But I called yesterday and they told me that it is still in progress.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

Applied online in April. Got a phone interview mid-July. During the phone interview I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. 1:1 interview was nice, fairly casual, I believe the main point was to assess your ability to talk to customers without freezing up. I dressed casually, but not too formal. Immediately after the 1:1 interview, before I left, I was asked to take a drug test (just sit there for 5ish minutes with a swab on a stick in your mouth). Within a week, I was called and told my drug and background checks came back fine and was asked when I wanted to come in to fill out tax forms.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly straightforward - Previous experience, Why do you want to work at Harris Teeter, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation, very flexible scheduling made up for it in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2014.

It was a easy interview nothing hard just simple questions as in your availability and why your interested in working for Harris teeter... I was hired on the spot and I love it there

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my availability with them cause I have a son and still be able to get my 30 hrs

Cashier Interview

Called for in store interview, if acceptable, must have background check and drug screen. Interviewer stated that if all went well, than an offer would be made that I could accept or decline. Interviewer stated that they had other interviews and the would choose the best qualified candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how are you trying to improve upon that weakness?   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Take it or leave it

Customer Service Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2013.

Company does not care so much about your previous qualifications as they do about their current needs. Pass the drug test, the background check,smile, go through the training and you mean as little as anyone else but you have a job.

Interview Questions
    • I had no difficult questions. They really just want to know if you will and can show up during the hours they need you for.   View Answer

Bagger Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

One interview with store manager. Just tell them your job history and what you know if you have previous experience. Bring a resume as well. Store manager forwarded my application to front-end manager and I became a bagger, instead of a stocker.

Cashier/U-Scan Cashier Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2012.

Sat down in an office, did a mouth swab drug test and was asked availability. Then was directed to a computer to complete courses and quizzes. These were interactive and not as boring as they sound.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Very thorough process. Phone interview and then computer assessment. The face to face with DM. DM was very professional and knowledgeable about the business. Ask very good questions.

Overnight Stock Interview

Was told to call back multiple time to speak with the hiring manager. When I finally did speak with her she told me that they were not hiring at this time even though I was told differently from the previous time that I called. I would have love to actually work or then because I have heard nothing but great things but unfortunately they were not hiring and things seem a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to call back a few times but other than that nothing.   Answer Question

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!