Harris Teeter

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Boone, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out the online application. Definitely follow up with them. I had to call back multiple times. There's a drug test and then they'll train you with pay for a week after which you will be a full fledged Harris Teeter Associate.

Interview Question – I wasn't even really questioned. There were standard questions about my previous experience but that was about it.   Answer Question

Part Time Produce Interview

Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in March 2014.

Interview Details – Easy questions on why you want particular department

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just asked about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer shown on a piece of paper and I ok'd.

Cashier Interview

Cornelius, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2010.

Interview Details – Availability was a key factor. The manager for the department for which I applied said that sundays were required, though to be assured that it would not be every week. This held true. The interview process was very informal, included most of the usual interview questions, and also a phone call survey to test one's honesty. In this call, several questions of decreasing significance were being asked, such as "if you found money on the ground, would you keep it or attempt to find it's rightful owner?", for which being real and honest about one's answers was beneficial. Do not try to sound great here, but be honest. After being hired, there was, of course, a probationary period during which I had to prove myself capable for the position of cashier, but there was a lot of help available to me. A great place to work for a grocery store.

Interview Question – So tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the highest amount that I put down on my application for pay sought. Easy and straight forward.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted online application through Harris Teeter website, and the supervisor called me in 2 days to set the interview date.

Interview Question – I was asked whether I am attending college or not, how many hours i can work ( I said 25-30 hrs a week, and it was perfect for them), things I know about Harris Teeter, what made me to apply for this job at Harris Teeter .......

It was my first interview so I didn't know what to say to the questions. I read some interview answers before I went to interview, and it helped me a lot. Just google them :D Try to wear something formal but pretty. You don't have to suit up but anyway...
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me $7.50/hr, but I needed a lot more, so I quitted.

Assistant Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2013.

Interview Details – On-line application; telephone interview; meet with Recruiter; face to face with District Managers and Regional VP

Interview Question – Will 'tell a story/experience' and ask how you would handle it   View Answer

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Assistant Customer Service Manager
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of three parts. First was a phone interview. It took about thirty miniutes. Iwas asked several questions about my current employement. The second was an interview with a recruiter, then I was interviewed by two district managers and the recruiter. they asked basic questions, and immediatley after I was given a drug test.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over any ither appliciant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Job Interview Interview

Wake Forest, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in May 2012.

Interview Details – In the beginning of the process you first have to apply online to the store of your choice. After applying to the store you have to take a customer service test and it is tricky. You can not think of things that you would do or say but you have to think in the mindset of a person working in customer service and you want to please every customer. Once the test is finished and has been submitted wait a few days for a call from the store. If the store has not contacted you in those few days then you have to go up there in person and introduce yourself. Once you have introduced yourself the store manager will go on a website and check and see if you scored well or high on the customer service test. If you got a high score you will start the hiring process, but if you failed start looking for another job…….

Interview Question – I don't believe there were any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Starbucks Interview

Starbucks
Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2013.

Interview Details – Meet the assistant manager and take a drug test. You know immediately if you have the job or not.

Interview Question – How would I rate my customer service   Answer Question

Sears Interview

Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2011.

Interview Details – it was pretty easy they didnt ask any question at all

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk

Interviewed at Harris Teeter

Interview Details – The process took a week. Basic experience and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, straight forwards process.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris Teeter

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harris Teeter interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harris Teeter employees and interview candidates.