Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

First was extremely casual, essentially I just had to make it clear I would work hard. Guy who interviewed me was very friendly and explained everything well. Came back for the drug test and they asked me a few more questions which I was unprepared for but it wasn't anything very official, still went well.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied and received a phone call several days later for an interview. I arrived to the store and was surprised the hiring manager was not available. I spoke with he store director for a brief moment. . Was asked where I could worked and answered any department. Was given job immediately. The whole process

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

The process was a pleasant experience but most times it's common knowledge who will get a promotion before the interview process is finished. Several questions were asked about why I would be successful in the role. The audit scores for the department your over is weighted heavily.

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Phone interview - took about 3 days to get. Then interview over skype with several recruiters - panel. Then interview with Operations team. Once this was completed, got call back with offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us after working for big box retailers?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2015.

Interview

I felt really relaxed in the interview. The manager showed me around the distribution center. All the employees were very friendly. He answered all my questions about the position. He also explained the difference between working in the stores and the distribution centers

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have working with perishable items in the store?   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was very impressed with their screening questionnaire and then met with Assistant Store Director who explained why I was chosen to interview but did not broach pay. Only stated next steps would be a background check then in-house drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What food service experience do you have? What shifts can you work?   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very brief, an overview of why I wanted to work there, the reason I apllied to the location, and my availability. A simple drug test, a a week later I was hired.

MDP Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Matthews, NC).

Interview

Skype Panel Interview. It was simple. I was currently employed for the company at the time in a different position. My reputation and performance preceded myself. It seemed to be a formality interview. After completing the interview, I received a call and offer within an hour.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

applied early in the morning and went in later that day (because i live really close) to ask on the status of my application. The manager interviewed me and hired me on the spot in the same day that i submitted the application. He told me he'd run my background and call me in for a drug test. I was hired on a saturday so I didn't hear back for about 11 days (took forever), and then I came in for a drug test and heard back within 3 days.

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly comfortable. The manager that interviewed me was very nice and attentive. He seem very interested in what I had to say and I felt confident that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you presented great customer service.   Answer Question