Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

1.8

MDP Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Matthews, NC).

Interview

Skype Panel Interview. It was simple. I was currently employed for the company at the time in a different position. My reputation and performance preceded myself. It seemed to be a formality interview. After completing the interview, I received a call and offer within an hour.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

applied early in the morning and went in later that day (because i live really close) to ask on the status of my application. The manager interviewed me and hired me on the spot in the same day that i submitted the application. He told me he'd run my background and call me in for a drug test. I was hired on a saturday so I didn't hear back for about 11 days (took forever), and then I came in for a drug test and heard back within 3 days.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and called about 2 weeks later for interviews. Asked the normal questions, did a swap drug test on the spot. Applied for one thing; however they asked me if I was interested in another job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an irrate customer. Tell me about two accomplishments.   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly comfortable. The manager that interviewed me was very nice and attentive. He seem very interested in what I had to say and I felt confident that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you presented great customer service.   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Originally applied for Cashier but HR called and asked if I could do Fresh Foods instead. I met with the HR guy and then was supposed to be interviewed by Fresh Foods manager but she never called. Then I just got called back for oral drug testing after the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave my previous job (Sam's Club)?
      Describe the position you held there.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What was your best and worst experience in customer service and how you handled it.
      When are you available and are there any long periods of time you'll be gone.

The rest was him describing the job to me.

1 Answer

HBC Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter (Chesapeake, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within a week. We scheduled the interview that same day. It took place in the cafe area inside the store. It was one on one and the guy was fairly casual though seemed a bit distant. He said he had two others to interview over the weekend.

Interview Questions

• First and only question: Describe yourself a little.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online and then went to the store two days later to talk to the manager. We scheduled an interview. He interview was extremely simple. They only asked me one question and that was it. My advice is to just be very friendly when greeting and talking to them.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Newport News, VA).

Interview

Applied online at snag a job and had an interview less than a week later. They did not tell me it was a job fair type deal. They pulled everyone back one by one and you spoke to the manager directly. They ask a lot of problem solving and personality questions. They drug test you with a swab under your tongue the same day and call you in a week with your results from that and the background check and you begin training within the week.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about problem solving a lot. What Harris Teeter wants to hear is that you're competent enough to figure things out on your own. Make good decisions. This is because customer service basically ignores you when anything goes wrong at your register and you just make your own decision. Harris Teeter "trusts you to make the right decision for the company" they say. The manager will also ask you a lot of questions pertaining to personality. They want someone who loves interacting with other people and is outgoing and happy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The Customer Service Manager met with me. The whole interview was very laid back, friendly and easy. She made me so comfortable that I felt like I was speaking with one of my friends. Didn't feel like an interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you went above and beyond in customer service.   1 Answer

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Called me back two days after filling out online application, had an interview next day. She didn't even really interview me, it was weird. Just asked why I wanted to work there and my availability and if I wanted to do the job. Very simple. I wore khakis and a polo. She hired me the first interview and gave me a drug test right then and there.