Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Applied online, got a phone call about a month later to schedule an interview. Interview was very laid back and they didn't ask many "interview" questions. Most of it was them explaining the position to me and what would come next: wait for my background check to clear and then come in for a drug test. I'm currently waiting for them to call me after the background check.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter.

I went for a job fair, and it was a very good interview. The manager, Paul, was very kind and relatable. He helped me get over my nervousness and was easy to talk to. He was pretty quiet and left the door open, but other than that it was a great interview! Unlike other job interviews I have had, he seemed like he actually wanted me to work there. It was a very pleasant and easy experience! It seemed that instead of grilling me with questions that I feel I should have studied for, he wanted to evaluate my social skills. I really walked out of the room feeling confident and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Harris Teeter?   View Answer

Co Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter.

You will first do a battery of questions online that will determine if you will fit the culture. It can take up to a few months before you will hear back. You may have to keep your application updated due to them taking applications. They will contact you when they have positions to fill. The first interview is with a recruiter that will qualify your experience. They will then set you up to meet with a district manager to to a face to face. If you are passed through to last interview it will be with the area president.

Interview Questions
    • What type of leadrship style do you have?
      How well can you adapt to change?
      What past experiences do you have that qualify you to lead?
      How do you feel about customer service?
      What would your past leaders say about you?
      How were your past numbers (shrink, sales,etc)
      How do n you handle confrontation?
      Expect a series of situational questions.

Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Mount, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Mount, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter.

One interview, process in total took about 2-3 weeks for interview, drug test and background check. No over the top questions, just the basics. It was a pretty straight forward process, only real problem were the test after actually being hired, they're actually quite difficult but if you have a good memory you'll be fine. if u can in your interview ask about training and if it's okay to take notes while watching the videos

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a difficult situation? how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    none

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

The interview process was fairly simple. No unexpected questions. "Why do you want to work here?" "What is you best/worst quality?" etc. The only issue I have is that I was guaranteed the job and when I called back the manager told me she over employed her store and didn't have enough room. To me that was a bit unprofessional. I turned down other positions for that job and she didn't let me know before hand.

Interview Questions
    • "You're very proficient at answering tough questions. Do you go to many interviews?"   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

It took three weeks all the process took 4 weeks. Applied on line then received confirmation email from Harris teeter human resource Telling me that they received my application and is being reviewed . Two weeks later they called me for face to face interview.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2015.

Received a phone call to set up an interview time. Went in the next and talked with the department manager. Was very brief and to the point wanted to know prior experience. Also took a drug test immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your prior produce experience?   View Answer

Office Assistant and Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2015.

I applied through the Snag-a-job website which directed me to Harris Teeter's website to do the online application. I received a call from someone with Snag-a-job to set up an interview in the Williamsburg, VA store. When I arrived for my interview, I found that it was a mass interview process - management was holding interviews all day and bringing in a bunch of people. Recruiters and managers were taking turns performing a basic "getting to know you" interview - asking why you want to work for the company, a little about your previous work history, etc. We were then taken into an office where we had to do an oral drug test which would have to be sent off to be done. I was told that they would have to wait for the results to come back before they would bring people back for second, more personal interviews IF they choose too. The waiting time could be 1 to 2 weeks,

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. Just basic ones   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Fairly simple and to the point although took a long time. Interview questions were relevant and not too in depth. final interview is with district manager, still relevant and to the point. The hiring process is also pretty fundamental but they do feed you a lot of corporate BS about customer service "give them the pickle" and a lot of hoorah stuff.

simple

Customer Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2014.

I interviewed at Harris Teeter for the customer service clerk position and got the job on the spot. Interview was short and more like a casual conversation than an interview. I wasn't asked any particular questions by the manager , but I was very enthusiastic and volunteered a lot of information about myself and my work experience. He offered me the position, and said I would be trained as a cashier(paid $ 8.70 an hour) first and then moved to the customer service desk. I was given an oral drug test called quantisal which is a sponge that you hold in your mouth for several minutes. He said the results of the drug test and background check would be back in a week or so and then they would call me to start training.