Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.0

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

The interview process was very simple. You go in a room with a group of selected individuals and you answer as series of questions. Some questions were serious, others weren't.

There wasn't any.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Applied online. I was contacted by a pharmacy recruiter 2 days later. I had an initial informal interview with the recruiter. She then set me up with the district manager for a 1:1 in person interview. The recruiter followed up with me a week later

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

They called to set interview for 3 days away in FoxChase King St location. Interview had about 7 questions. Then I was told she liked me and was I willing to take a drug test. I said yes. She got out a mouth-swab and begin to test. Said will call back in 4-5 days if I passed along with the criminal background check. I got a call 1 week later with an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? Have you been in a situation where your co-workers where hostile and how did you handle it ?   View Answer
    Asked will I accept the rate of pay and the title of position and will I accept the hours they thought were best for me (ft/pt)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied to the position of Cashier at a new store being built in Cary, NC. After about 2 or 3 weeks, I received an email inviting me to a job fair to interview for the position. Attended the job fair about 2 weeks later and interviewed with another Harris Teeter store manager. The interview was fairly short, I must say. The bulk of the interview was just talking about what would be happening in the next couple of months with the new store. After the interview, I took a drug test and signed for a background check, both of which would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Since this is my first job, most of the questions were about my availability, extracurricular activities, and just school in general   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied online and was called in for an interview two days later. The interview was very relaxed, the questions were easy, but still dress formally. After a background check and a drug test, five days later I started my training.

Interview Questions
    If you have no previous job experience, you have little room to negotiate. Pay will most likely be above minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Called for in store interview, if acceptable, must have background check and drug screen. Interviewer stated that if all went well, than an offer would be made that I could accept or decline. Interviewer stated that they had other interviews and the would choose the best qualified candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how are you trying to improve upon that weakness?   Answer Question

Third Shift Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2014.

Put in an application online, About 4 weeks later I was called by the night manager for an interview. Friendly , very thorough, understanding willing to work with me. A time and date was quickly arranged and I met them on arranged day.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions were asked besides the usual "Are you looking to advance?" Are you willing to work evenings , weekends, holidays etc. etc.   Answer Question
    Took a drug test on the spot, followed by paperwork for a background check. About a week later I was called and offered $10 /hr and accepted, the manager was professional, very easy to talk to , think the rest of the company could learn a thing or two from him!

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

One interview with store manager. Just tell them your job history and what you know if you have previous experience. Bring a resume as well. Store manager forwarded my application to front-end manager and I became a bagger, instead of a stocker.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Very thorough process. Phone interview and then computer assessment. The face to face with DM. DM was very professional and knowledgeable about the business. Ask very good questions.

Overnight Stock Interview

Was told to call back multiple time to speak with the hiring manager. When I finally did speak with her she told me that they were not hiring at this time even though I was told differently from the previous time that I called. I would have love to actually work or then because I have heard nothing but great things but unfortunately they were not hiring and things seem a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to call back a few times but other than that nothing.   Answer Question

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!