Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.8

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Phone interview - took about 3 days to get. Then interview over skype with several recruiters - panel. Then interview with Operations team. Once this was completed, got call back with offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us after working for big box retailers?   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very brief, an overview of why I wanted to work there, the reason I apllied to the location, and my availability. A simple drug test, a a week later I was hired.

MDP Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Matthews, NC).

Interview

Skype Panel Interview. It was simple. I was currently employed for the company at the time in a different position. My reputation and performance preceded myself. It seemed to be a formality interview. After completing the interview, I received a call and offer within an hour.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

applied early in the morning and went in later that day (because i live really close) to ask on the status of my application. The manager interviewed me and hired me on the spot in the same day that i submitted the application. He told me he'd run my background and call me in for a drug test. I was hired on a saturday so I didn't hear back for about 11 days (took forever), and then I came in for a drug test and heard back within 3 days.

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly comfortable. The manager that interviewed me was very nice and attentive. He seem very interested in what I had to say and I felt confident that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you presented great customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on sunday called on tuesday interview on wednesday. The person who called me didnt interview me another girl did and she was nice. Still waiting to hear if i got the job. I feel that i did well and am sure i got the job it is also the weekend so j may not hear anything until monday

Third Shift Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied Online for the position, the next day I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview was with the co-manager of the store. IT was very calm and all my questions were answered. It didnt even feel like an interview. Having experience they offered me 8.75 i asked for 9.50 and they met my demand in the middle at 9.25. After the interview i took an oral drug test and was told I would get a call back in a few days for the results. The test came back negative and I started working 5 days after I took the test.

Interview Questions

• Q: What Was my intention for working 3rd shift. Q: Can I handle late long nights. Q: What experience do you have in the grocery store business   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and called about 2 weeks later for interviews. Asked the normal questions, did a swap drug test on the spot. Applied for one thing; however they asked me if I was interested in another job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an irrate customer. Tell me about two accomplishments.   Answer Question

HBC Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter (Chesapeake, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within a week. We scheduled the interview that same day. It took place in the cafe area inside the store. It was one on one and the guy was fairly casual though seemed a bit distant. He said he had two others to interview over the weekend.

Interview Questions

• First and only question: Describe yourself a little.   1 Answer

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Originally applied for Cashier but HR called and asked if I could do Fresh Foods instead. I met with the HR guy and then was supposed to be interviewed by Fresh Foods manager but she never called. Then I just got called back for oral drug testing after the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave my previous job (Sam's Club)? Describe the position you held there. Tell me about yourself. What was your best and worst experience in customer service and how you handled it. When are you available and are there any long periods of time you'll be gone. The rest was him describing the job to me.   1 Answer