Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.8

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Interview

I applied online on the H.T website. A few weeks to a month later was called in to do an interview with one of the assistant store managers. Asked questions about my past and where in the store i could possibly work and where they needed the most help.

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

The process took a week. Basic experience and behavioral questions.

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

FIlled out app online. informal interview. Basic questions, nothing difficult. after getting hired a lot of computer tests online in the store.

Assistant Grocery Manager Interview

Interview

When hired from within the company you first interview with your store manager. If your store manager approves you then you get a second interview with your district manager. This rarely happens on the first try. Most end up doing the first interview 2 or 3 times. If your district manager approves you will be notified shortly after. Maybe a few days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Was asked typical questions on first interview, on second interview (if you get one) did a quick drug test and background test

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts. First was a phone interview. It took about thirty miniutes. Iwas asked several questions about my current employement. The second was an interview with a recruiter, then I was interviewed by two district managers and the recruiter. they asked basic questions, and immediatley after I was given a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Still apart of process (will update upon completion). Applied online via Snag-a-job for position in Greenville, NC store in mid-late October 2014, received call from recruiter about a month later (which means for assistant manager postions and above, do not feel discouraged from lack of phone call right away). Met with talent recruiter in Goldsboro, NC (meeting point was mid-way between our locations). She was very friendly. Interview took about 35-45 minutes, nice portion of which was spent on general conversation. She did have a list of interview questions. I know every interviewer does to use as a guideline, however, only two or three interview style questions were asked of me. Topics covered were: Recent Employment History Experience/Example of working with a needy (her word, not mine) customer Experience/Example of great received customer service Assessment of Interview results and discussion of option (if hired) moving forward Very simple and fairly easy. There were many other interview style questions she could have asked and that were on her list, however, as you can see she barely scratched the surface. While it's early, I do believe this is a good sign that through my demeanor and the way I answered what questions she did have and interacted with her, she found all the right things she was looking for. This is my second grocery related interview and my 4th overall and each time I was either hired on the spot or indicated secured employment. Through my experiences, particularly with grocery stores and this interview, is that hammering in and displaying a passion for customer service is the most important thing they seek. It can get you the job right then and there and you not even know it, trust me. Harris Teeter especially (regardless of how some may feel about this) truly does seek to hire employees with exceptional customer service standards, as they feel this is something that can't be taught, but has to be in you. So if you do not have this in you, my suggestion would be to research what customer service is, learn the different aspects, research interview questions, and practice answering each question in a way that brings forth some kind of customer service attribute to light. Also, understand that every interview is different, and that preparation is key. I have always gotten the job for every interview I've had. I say that not to boast, but to stress the importance and value in preparation. Without it, I wouldn't have had the wonderful opportunities I've had. At this current point, I am awaiting contact from my recruiter so that I may continue forward and meet with my future District Manager. My previous work experience in grocery retail was in the customer service department as an assistant manager but from a much smaller store with FAR less volume. This was my recruiter's only concern, not due to her lack in faith of my capabilities, but to ensure I get placed in the best position to succeed. She herself came up with the remedy of me possibly becoming an assistant manager in a smaller department (Dairy/Frozen) so that I may be hired but I won't have to be loaded with so much right off the bat in the customer service department (which is CONSIDERABLY larger). I take this as a sign that I will eventually be hired (after all, if she didn't want to hire me, she wouldn't have suggested alternative assistant-manager positions) and this shows that if you present yourself well and, again, drive-home your passion for customer service, you'll give yourself more of an opportunity for employment.

Interview Questions

• My questions were fairly simple. None were difficult at all and the most basic among interview questions. But I understand that this may not be a typical interview example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As noted, I am still in the process.

Overnight Stock Interview

Interview

Was told to call back multiple time to speak with the hiring manager. When I finally did speak with her she told me that they were not hiring at this time even though I was told differently from the previous time that I called. I would have love to actually work or then because I have heard nothing but great things but unfortunately they were not hiring and things seem a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to call back a few times but other than that nothing.   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. You go in a room with a group of selected individuals and you answer as series of questions. Some questions were serious, others weren't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. No unexpected questions. "Why do you want to work here?" "What is you best/worst quality?" etc. The only issue I have is that I was guaranteed the job and when I called back the manager told me she over employed her store and didn't have enough room. To me that was a bit unprofessional. I turned down other positions for that job and she didn't let me know before hand.

Interview Questions

• "You're very proficient at answering tough questions. Do you go to many interviews?"   Answer Question