Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.8

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Phone interview - took about 3 days to get. Then interview over skype with several recruiters - panel. Then interview with Operations team. Once this was completed, got call back with offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us after working for big box retailers?   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very brief, an overview of why I wanted to work there, the reason I apllied to the location, and my availability. A simple drug test, a a week later I was hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, they called about a week later. I came in the day after they called for an interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and I was drug tested and background tested. They called about 5 days later and offered me the job and a starting salary.

Third Shift Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied Online for the position, the next day I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview was with the co-manager of the store. IT was very calm and all my questions were answered. It didnt even feel like an interview. Having experience they offered me 8.75 i asked for 9.50 and they met my demand in the middle at 9.25. After the interview i took an oral drug test and was told I would get a call back in a few days for the results. The test came back negative and I started working 5 days after I took the test.

Interview Questions

• Q: What Was my intention for working 3rd shift. Q: Can I handle late long nights. Q: What experience do you have in the grocery store business   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Clayton, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Was a very friendly environment in which the managers were introduced. Felt very welcomed. After becoming introduced around 6 questions were asked with open ended responses. The whole interview only lasted around 20 minutes. Had to wait around 1 and a half weeks to finally get a call back but then took a drug test and started the same week.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on sunday called on tuesday interview on wednesday. The person who called me didnt interview me another girl did and she was nice. Still waiting to hear if i got the job. I feel that i did well and am sure i got the job it is also the weekend so j may not hear anything until monday

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very quick. Basically just asked typical interview questions, & availability. They ask you to define customer service. I was also given a saliva drug test the day of my interview, the drug test itself takes longer than the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why is Harris Teeter a good choice for you?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Ashburn, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in about 3-4 weeks time. I did my first and final interview at the store a few days later. They hired me on the spot and said we could figure out a schedule for training as soon as my drug test came back. (I passed by the way)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. All cashiers/baggers get paid the same. (8.75 for baggers, 9.25 for cashiers)

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly comfortable. The manager that interviewed me was very nice and attentive. He seem very interested in what I had to say and I felt confident that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you presented great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview with basic questions. Provide examples of your customer service experience and ability to handle currency. Drug test is a mouth swab. Easy interview. I was called back within a week. Starting pay is a little low.