Harris Teeter

1.9

Starbucks Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2014.

On line survey with in house interview. Computer training from corporate and on the job training as Starbucks Clerk. I don't have anything else to say but this form is requiring more verbage.

Interview Questions
    • Do you pay attention to safety standards. Can you pass a drug screen. Are you willing to shell out a bunch of money to pay for your own uniform and shoes.   View Answer

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in November 2011.

Very basic questions read from a sheet of paper. ei. How would you handle an irate customer, tell me about a time when you had a job or project to complete and had little time to do so...

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer to work on a team or by yourself   View Answer
    Very straight forward, you either take the offer presented or no go. there was little room to negotiate a higher rate.

Co Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter.

You will first do a battery of questions online that will determine if you will fit the culture. It can take up to a few months before you will hear back. You may have to keep your application updated due to them taking applications. They will contact you when they have positions to fill. The first interview is with a recruiter that will qualify your experience. They will then set you up to meet with a district manager to to a face to face. If you are passed through to last interview it will be with the area president.

Interview Questions
    • What type of leadrship style do you have?
      How well can you adapt to change?
      What past experiences do you have that qualify you to lead?
      How do you feel about customer service?
      What would your past leaders say about you?
      How were your past numbers (shrink, sales,etc)
      How do n you handle confrontation?
      Expect a series of situational questions.

Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2011.

Basic interview. They ask what hours you're willing to work, if you like to clean (because as a closer you'll be doing a lot of that) How you interact with people/customers. Former customer service experience, if any. They try to get to know you and see what they'll be able to get from you.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

The interview process was fairly simple. No unexpected questions. "Why do you want to work here?" "What is you best/worst quality?" etc. The only issue I have is that I was guaranteed the job and when I called back the manager told me she over employed her store and didn't have enough room. To me that was a bit unprofessional. I turned down other positions for that job and she didn't let me know before hand.

Interview Questions
    • "You're very proficient at answering tough questions. Do you go to many interviews?"   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2015.

Received a phone call to set up an interview time. Went in the next and talked with the department manager. Was very brief and to the point wanted to know prior experience. Also took a drug test immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your prior produce experience?   View Answer

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Mount, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Mount, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter.

One interview, process in total took about 2-3 weeks for interview, drug test and background check. No over the top questions, just the basics. It was a pretty straight forward process, only real problem were the test after actually being hired, they're actually quite difficult but if you have a good memory you'll be fine. if u can in your interview ask about training and if it's okay to take notes while watching the videos

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a difficult situation? how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    none

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

It took three weeks all the process took 4 weeks. Applied on line then received confirmation email from Harris teeter human resource Telling me that they received my application and is being reviewed . Two weeks later they called me for face to face interview.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

applied online in sept. 2014 and within a couple of days got a response for a one on one interview. My interview went very smoothly and was offered a postion immediately.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question for me...interviewer was friendly and I felt very comfortable during the hiring process.. wastold that I could move up in this company pretty quickly if this is my desire.. I guess interviewer was impressed with my energy and optimism for Harris Teeter employment   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my starting salary to top rate of my position.

Office Assistant and Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2015.

I applied through the Snag-a-job website which directed me to Harris Teeter's website to do the online application. I received a call from someone with Snag-a-job to set up an interview in the Williamsburg, VA store. When I arrived for my interview, I found that it was a mass interview process - management was holding interviews all day and bringing in a bunch of people. Recruiters and managers were taking turns performing a basic "getting to know you" interview - asking why you want to work for the company, a little about your previous work history, etc. We were then taken into an office where we had to do an oral drug test which would have to be sent off to be done. I was told that they would have to wait for the results to come back before they would bring people back for second, more personal interviews IF they choose too. The waiting time could be 1 to 2 weeks,

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. Just basic ones   Answer Question