Harris Teeter

Average Difficulty
86 candidate interviews

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Customer Service Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2013.

Interview Details – Company does not care so much about your previous qualifications as they do about their current needs. Pass the drug test, the background check,smile, go through the training and you mean as little as anyone else but you have a job.

Interview Question – I had no difficult questions. They really just want to know if you will and can show up during the hours they need you for.   View Answer

Bagger Interview

Bagger

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview Details – One interview with store manager. Just tell them your job history and what you know if you have previous experience. Bring a resume as well. Store manager forwarded my application to front-end manager and I became a bagger, instead of a stocker.

Cashier/U-Scan Cashier Interview

Cashier/U-Scan Cashier

I applied through other source - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sat down in an office, did a mouth swab drug test and was asked availability. Then was directed to a computer to complete courses and quizzes. These were interactive and not as boring as they sound.

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Fresh Foods Clerk
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Overnight Stock Interview

Overnight Stock

Interviewed at Harris Teeter

Interview Details – Was told to call back multiple time to speak with the hiring manager. When I finally did speak with her she told me that they were not hiring at this time even though I was told differently from the previous time that I called. I would have love to actually work or then because I have heard nothing but great things but unfortunately they were not hiring and things seem a bit unorganized.

Interview Question – Was asked to call back a few times but other than that nothing.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview Details – Very thorough process. Phone interview and then computer assessment. The face to face with DM. DM was very professional and knowledgeable about the business. Ask very good questions.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

Interview Details – After about four (long and worrisome) weeks since I submitted my online application, I was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I got scheduled for a face to face interview. They had an interview fair at a larger Harris Teeter in the area (not at the store where I was planning on working). All the applicants were dressed up and the people I saw being interviewed looked 16-25 years old. When an interviewer was ready, I sat down at a table across from him. He made me feel very comfortable and asked me about myself and my work experience. I went into a room to get a drug test and when I was done, they let me go and told me that I should be contacted in the next two weeks by my store manager. It was easy! Good luck. So far Harris Teeter is great! I'm excited to send the rest of my summer break working here.

Interview Question – They only asked me the two things above... It was harder to speak in general about myself because I had no guidelines on what to say. It was very lax.   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Fresh Foods Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process took a long time, but I got the job.

Went on their website and applied to what seemed like a dozen different positions at a local one near my house. I was soon contacted by a hiring manager for a position I actually didn't apply for, but was happy to get the call and went in for the interview.

At the interview it was very informal (even though I dressed formally for the occasion!) I was asked some very easy questions, the usual "Where do you see yourself", "Why harris teeter and not safeway?", "What is your greatest accomplishment?"

I had to go through a background check afterwards, that took about a week or so (Depending on how many states/employers/homes you've lived or worked it can take longer or shorter)

I was cleared for the check, and then given a time to take a drug test. Mine was a saliva test, I went in and was asked to hold it under my tongue until the sensor turned blue on the test stick.

That was sent in, and within about a week I was given another call that said I was cleared and ready to work after filling out the paperwork and doing my training.

Negotiation Details – There was none, it's a harris teeter fresh food clerk position. Not selling stocks for a fortune 500. It's a $10 job.

Seafood Clerk Interview

Seafood Clerk
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2011.

Interview Details – I placed an application on line for a seafood associate position that was advertised on Jobs.com, and got a call back asking me to come in for an interview the following week. I sat down with the store manager Mike, and wnet through a Q and A for around a half an hour, and then took a saliva drug test, which I passed. I received a call back a couple of days later asking me to come in an get started. The Harris Teeter location that I would be working at was actually a new building that was being built next to an existing store in Ghent, downtown Norfolk, and so my first two days on the job were at the old store to get the feel for the meat and seafood area. Then. on my second week of the job, the old store was officially closed down, and I started to work in the new store.

Interview Question – I did not actually find anything that was complicated whatsoever in the interview itself. However, I was a little surprised to be drug tested right in the middle of the interview. It was a saliva, mouth-swab test though, and so did not require me to drive to a lab somewhere to complete, and since I am clean it was not a major concern.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not given the option to negotiate anything, but that is not amazing as I was hired as a part-time employee.

Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup Interview

Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview Details – I applied online in 2007. I had no retail experience. A few days later they called me in for a interview. The interview questions were basic questions to get a feel for what your character and personalities are like. After the person to person interview with the CO-Manager I was given a online test of 25 or so multiple choice questions. These questions are aim to see if you are a fit for Harris Teeter. I remember one of the questions was something in the line of "if you saw a co-worker stealing, would you report them". The obvious answer is yes.

Interview Question – none, all simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed a job, so I took whatever was offered.

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!