Harris Teeter

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied to the position of Cashier at a new store being built in Cary, NC. After about 2 or 3 weeks, I received an email inviting me to a job fair to interview for the position. Attended the job fair about 2 weeks later and interviewed with another Harris Teeter store manager. The interview was fairly short, I must say. The bulk of the interview was just talking about what would be happening in the next couple of months with the new store. After the interview, I took a drug test and signed for a background check, both of which would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Since this is my first job, most of the questions were about my availability, extracurricular activities, and just school in general   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied online and was called in for an interview two days later. The interview was very relaxed, the questions were easy, but still dress formally. After a background check and a drug test, five days later I started my training.

Interview Questions
    If you have no previous job experience, you have little room to negotiate. Pay will most likely be above minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Called for in store interview, if acceptable, must have background check and drug screen. Interviewer stated that if all went well, than an offer would be made that I could accept or decline. Interviewer stated that they had other interviews and the would choose the best qualified candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how are you trying to improve upon that weakness?   Answer Question

Third Shift Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2014.

Put in an application online, About 4 weeks later I was called by the night manager for an interview. Friendly , very thorough, understanding willing to work with me. A time and date was quickly arranged and I met them on arranged day.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions were asked besides the usual "Are you looking to advance?" Are you willing to work evenings , weekends, holidays etc. etc.   Answer Question
    Took a drug test on the spot, followed by paperwork for a background check. About a week later I was called and offered $10 /hr and accepted, the manager was professional, very easy to talk to , think the rest of the company could learn a thing or two from him!

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

One interview with store manager. Just tell them your job history and what you know if you have previous experience. Bring a resume as well. Store manager forwarded my application to front-end manager and I became a bagger, instead of a stocker.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Very thorough process. Phone interview and then computer assessment. The face to face with DM. DM was very professional and knowledgeable about the business. Ask very good questions.

Overnight Stock Interview

Was told to call back multiple time to speak with the hiring manager. When I finally did speak with her she told me that they were not hiring at this time even though I was told differently from the previous time that I called. I would have love to actually work or then because I have heard nothing but great things but unfortunately they were not hiring and things seem a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to call back a few times but other than that nothing.   Answer Question

Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

I applied online in 2007. I had no retail experience. A few days later they called me in for a interview. The interview questions were basic questions to get a feel for what your character and personalities are like. After the person to person interview with the CO-Manager I was given a online test of 25 or so multiple choice questions. These questions are aim to see if you are a fit for Harris Teeter. I remember one of the questions was something in the line of "if you saw a co-worker stealing, would you report them". The obvious answer is yes.

Interview Questions
    I needed a job, so I took whatever was offered.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

Applied online in April. Got a phone interview mid-July. During the phone interview I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. 1:1 interview was nice, fairly casual, I believe the main point was to assess your ability to talk to customers without freezing up. I dressed casually, but not too formal. Immediately after the 1:1 interview, before I left, I was asked to take a drug test (just sit there for 5ish minutes with a swab on a stick in your mouth). Within a week, I was called and told my drug and background checks came back fine and was asked when I wanted to come in to fill out tax forms.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly straightforward - Previous experience, Why do you want to work at Harris Teeter, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation, very flexible scheduling made up for it in my opinion.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

I went to a hiring event and I went through two interviews. Also I went through a drug test and they told me to wait 10- 14 days for the background. But I called yesterday and they told me that it is still in progress.