Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in March 2013.

1 initial interview, included: describing your self, your work experience, your motivation, why you have what it takes to work as a associate of harris teeter. Then you come back for a saliva drug test done at the store. (a sponge is placed in your mouth for about 5 minutes until it collects enough saliva. Then it is Fed-Ex'd to a testing place for review.)

Interview Questions
    There was none. It was based off of experience.

Fresh Foods Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2014.

I applied online, and then went to store and spoke to the Deli manager. I followed up with her a few days later, making sure she had both my first and last name, so she could "pull" my application. Interviewed first with the store manager, and later with the Deli manager. I was hired two weeks later, after they received the results of my background check and drug test.

Fresh Foods-BBT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2012.

I was contacted by an outside agency that recruits for Harris Teeter. They found my resume online and conducted a phone interview. They then arranged for a face to face interview with a hiring manager. He suggested that with my experience, I should have no problem getting promoted due to the fact that Harris Teeter is expanding rapidly in our area. He then passed me along to the district manager. She interviewed me and then asked the store manager to talk with me for a bit, because she was undecided. He gave me an approval and then she made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • We are out of stock of an item for a customer, how do you solve this?   View Answer
    The district manager played down my experience and offered me a lower than expected salary. I accepted it, but wish I would have held out for more. Harris Teeter does not give raises for work based merit, simply meet or exceed goals and everyone gets a raise.

Unscan Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

If you are interested in a job at Harris teeter that is a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • If you have children would working all shifts plus hoildays be a problem for you to work at Harris Teeter ?   Answer Question

Too much questions and I don"t want to part take in buying anything over the interent.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boone, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2012.

Fill out the online application. Definitely follow up with them. I had to call back multiple times. There's a drug test and then they'll train you with pay for a week after which you will be a full fledged Harris Teeter Associate.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't even really questioned. There were standard questions about my previous experience but that was about it.   Answer Question

Part Time Produce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in March 2014.

Easy questions on why you want particular department

Interview Questions
    offer shown on a piece of paper and I ok'd.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cornelius, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornelius, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2010.

Availability was a key factor. The manager for the department for which I applied said that sundays were required, though to be assured that it would not be every week. This held true. The interview process was very informal, included most of the usual interview questions, and also a phone call survey to test one's honesty. In this call, several questions of decreasing significance were being asked, such as "if you found money on the ground, would you keep it or attempt to find it's rightful owner?", for which being real and honest about one's answers was beneficial. Do not try to sound great here, but be honest. After being hired, there was, of course, a probationary period during which I had to prove myself capable for the position of cashier, but there was a lot of help available to me. A great place to work for a grocery store.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the highest amount that I put down on my application for pay sought. Easy and straight forward.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2013.

On-line application; telephone interview; meet with Recruiter; face to face with District Managers and Regional VP

Interview Questions
    • Will 'tell a story/experience' and ask how you would handle it   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

I submitted online application through Harris Teeter website, and the supervisor called me in 2 days to set the interview date.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked whether I am attending college or not, how many hours i can work ( I said 25-30 hrs a week, and it was perfect for them), things I know about Harris Teeter, what made me to apply for this job at Harris Teeter .......

It was my first interview so I didn't know what to say to the questions. I read some interview answers before I went to interview, and it helped me a lot. Just google them :D Try to wear something formal but pretty. You don't have to suit up but anyway...
        Answer Question

They offered me $7.50/hr, but I needed a lot more, so I quitted.

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2013.

The interview consisted of three parts. First was a phone interview. It took about thirty miniutes. Iwas asked several questions about my current employement. The second was an interview with a recruiter, then I was interviewed by two district managers and the recruiter. they asked basic questions, and immediatley after I was given a drug test.

Very easy