Harris Teeter Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

1.9

Deli Clerk Interview

The process took a week. Basic experience and behavioral questions.

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Take it or leave it

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

I submitted online application through Harris Teeter website, and the supervisor called me in 2 days to set the interview date.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked whether I am attending college or not, how many hours i can work ( I said 25-30 hrs a week, and it was perfect for them), things I know about Harris Teeter, what made me to apply for this job at Harris Teeter .......

It was my first interview so I didn't know what to say to the questions. I read some interview answers before I went to interview, and it helped me a lot. Just google them :D Try to wear something formal but pretty. You don't have to suit up but anyway...
        Answer Question

They offered me $7.50/hr, but I needed a lot more, so I quitted.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Generic interview asking about what I was looking for in a part time job and why I would make a good employee.

Fresh Foods Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2014.

I applied online, and then went to store and spoke to the Deli manager. I followed up with her a few days later, making sure she had both my first and last name, so she could "pull" my application. Interviewed first with the store manager, and later with the Deli manager. I was hired two weeks later, after they received the results of my background check and drug test.

Fresh Foods/Deli-Bakery Customer Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in November 2013.

I thought I was coming in for an interview for a Cashier or Customer Service clerk position. Instead, I was interviewed for a deli/bakery position that I had no interest in. The interview didn't take place in a private office like I expected;rather, over near Starbucks where people could have easily walked up within your eyesight. The interview was somewhat unprofessional as they asked about my current wage at other jobs and the number of hours that I have been receiving at those places.

Interview Questions

Not enough guaranteed hours and the position wasn't full time.

Assistant Fresh Foods Manager Interview

1st personality interview with recruiter, 2nd interview with the district manager, make sure you know about the company. They both looked at body language.

Interview Questions
    I was told no negotiations.

Assistant Grocery Manager Interview

When hired from within the company you first interview with your store manager. If your store manager approves you then you get a second interview with your district manager. This rarely happens on the first try. Most end up doing the first interview 2 or 3 times. If your district manager approves you will be notified shortly after. Maybe a few days.

Deli Clerk Interview

FIlled out app online. informal interview. Basic questions, nothing difficult. after getting hired a lot of computer tests online in the store.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

I do not remember exactly the questions but research a little about how the company got started as that seems to be important to some interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Dress properly (business casual is good enough)   Answer Question