Harris Teeter

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

The process took a long time, but I got the job.

Went on their website and applied to what seemed like a dozen different positions at a local one near my house. I was soon contacted by a hiring manager for a position I actually didn't apply for, but was happy to get the call and went in for the interview.

At the interview it was very informal (even though I dressed formally for the occasion!) I was asked some very easy questions, the usual "Where do you see yourself", "Why harris teeter and not safeway?", "What is your greatest accomplishment?"

I had to go through a background check afterwards, that took about a week or so (Depending on how many states/employers/homes you've lived or worked it can take longer or shorter)

I was cleared for the check, and then given a time to take a drug test. Mine was a saliva test, I went in and was asked to hold it under my tongue until the sensor turned blue on the test stick.

That was sent in, and within about a week I was given another call that said I was cleared and ready to work after filling out the paperwork and doing my training.

There was none, it's a harris teeter fresh food clerk position. Not selling stocks for a fortune 500. It's a $10 job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

After about four (long and worrisome) weeks since I submitted my online application, I was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I got scheduled for a face to face interview. They had an interview fair at a larger Harris Teeter in the area (not at the store where I was planning on working). All the applicants were dressed up and the people I saw being interviewed looked 16-25 years old. When an interviewer was ready, I sat down at a table across from him. He made me feel very comfortable and asked me about myself and my work experience. I went into a room to get a drug test and when I was done, they let me go and told me that I should be contacted in the next two weeks by my store manager. It was easy! Good luck. So far Harris Teeter is great! I'm excited to send the rest of my summer break working here.

Interview Questions
    • They only asked me the two things above... It was harder to speak in general about myself because I had no guidelines on what to say. It was very lax.   Answer Question

Unscan Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

If you are interested in a job at Harris teeter that is a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • If you have children would working all shifts plus hoildays be a problem for you to work at Harris Teeter ?   Answer Question

Too much questions and I don"t want to part take in buying anything over the interent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2014.

It was a easy interview nothing hard just simple questions as in your availability and why your interested in working for Harris teeter... I was hired on the spot and I love it there

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my availability with them cause I have a son and still be able to get my 30 hrs

Part Time Produce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in March 2014.

Easy questions on why you want particular department

Interview Questions
    offer shown on a piece of paper and I ok'd.

Deli Clerk Interview

The process took a week. Basic experience and behavioral questions.

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Take it or leave it

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

I submitted online application through Harris Teeter website, and the supervisor called me in 2 days to set the interview date.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked whether I am attending college or not, how many hours i can work ( I said 25-30 hrs a week, and it was perfect for them), things I know about Harris Teeter, what made me to apply for this job at Harris Teeter .......

It was my first interview so I didn't know what to say to the questions. I read some interview answers before I went to interview, and it helped me a lot. Just google them :D Try to wear something formal but pretty. You don't have to suit up but anyway...

Answer Question

They offered me $7.50/hr, but I needed a lot more, so I quitted.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Generic interview asking about what I was looking for in a part time job and why I would make a good employee.

Fresh Foods Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2014.

I applied online, and then went to store and spoke to the Deli manager. I followed up with her a few days later, making sure she had both my first and last name, so she could "pull" my application. Interviewed first with the store manager, and later with the Deli manager. I was hired two weeks later, after they received the results of my background check and drug test.