Harris Teeter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Fresh Foods Clerk
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

Interview Details – After about four (long and worrisome) weeks since I submitted my online application, I was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I got scheduled for a face to face interview. They had an interview fair at a larger Harris Teeter in the area (not at the store where I was planning on working). All the applicants were dressed up and the people I saw being interviewed looked 16-25 years old. When an interviewer was ready, I sat down at a table across from him. He made me feel very comfortable and asked me about myself and my work experience. I went into a room to get a drug test and when I was done, they let me go and told me that I should be contacted in the next two weeks by my store manager. It was easy! Good luck. So far Harris Teeter is great! I'm excited to send the rest of my summer break working here.

Interview Question – They only asked me the two things above... It was harder to speak in general about myself because I had no guidelines on what to say. It was very lax.   Answer Question

Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup Interview

Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview Details – I applied online in 2007. I had no retail experience. A few days later they called me in for a interview. The interview questions were basic questions to get a feel for what your character and personalities are like. After the person to person interview with the CO-Manager I was given a online test of 25 or so multiple choice questions. These questions are aim to see if you are a fit for Harris Teeter. I remember one of the questions was something in the line of "if you saw a co-worker stealing, would you report them". The obvious answer is yes.

Interview Question – none, all simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed a job, so I took whatever was offered.

Starbucks Clerk Interview

Starbucks Clerk
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in March 2010.

Interview Details – There isn't much to this process. They call you if there's an opening and the interview is usually quite short. You will have a drug test before onboarding occurs and also a background check.

Interview Question – Not difficult questions. They usually just ask about your availability and maybe why you want to work for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation on salary or benefits. They simply told me what I was going to make.

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1 initial interview, included: describing your self, your work experience, your motivation, why you have what it takes to work as a associate of harris teeter. Then you come back for a saliva drug test done at the store. (a sponge is placed in your mouth for about 5 minutes until it collects enough saliva. Then it is Fed-Ex'd to a testing place for review.)

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work here?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was based off of experience.

Fresh Foods Associate Interview

Fresh Foods Associate
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and then went to store and spoke to the Deli manager. I followed up with her a few days later, making sure she had both my first and last name, so she could "pull" my application. Interviewed first with the store manager, and later with the Deli manager. I was hired two weeks later, after they received the results of my background check and drug test.

Interview Question – Decorating a cake.   Answer Question

Fresh Foods-BBT Interview

Fresh Foods-BBT
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an outside agency that recruits for Harris Teeter. They found my resume online and conducted a phone interview. They then arranged for a face to face interview with a hiring manager. He suggested that with my experience, I should have no problem getting promoted due to the fact that Harris Teeter is expanding rapidly in our area. He then passed me along to the district manager. She interviewed me and then asked the store manager to talk with me for a bit, because she was undecided. He gave me an approval and then she made an offer.

Interview Question – We are out of stock of an item for a customer, how do you solve this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The district manager played down my experience and offered me a lower than expected salary. I accepted it, but wish I would have held out for more. Harris Teeter does not give raises for work based merit, simply meet or exceed goals and everyone gets a raise.

Unscan Operator Interview

Unscan Operator
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview Details – If you are interested in a job at Harris teeter that is a great place to work.

Interview Question – If you have children would working all shifts plus hoildays be a problem for you to work at Harris Teeter ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much questions and I don"t want to part take in buying anything over the interent.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Cashier/Bagger
Boone, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out the online application. Definitely follow up with them. I had to call back multiple times. There's a drug test and then they'll train you with pay for a week after which you will be a full fledged Harris Teeter Associate.

Interview Question – I wasn't even really questioned. There were standard questions about my previous experience but that was about it.   Answer Question

Cornelius, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2010.

Interview Details – Availability was a key factor. The manager for the department for which I applied said that sundays were required, though to be assured that it would not be every week. This held true. The interview process was very informal, included most of the usual interview questions, and also a phone call survey to test one's honesty. In this call, several questions of decreasing significance were being asked, such as "if you found money on the ground, would you keep it or attempt to find it's rightful owner?", for which being real and honest about one's answers was beneficial. Do not try to sound great here, but be honest. After being hired, there was, of course, a probationary period during which I had to prove myself capable for the position of cashier, but there was a lot of help available to me. A great place to work for a grocery store.

Interview Question – So tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the highest amount that I put down on my application for pay sought. Easy and straight forward.

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!