Harris Teeter

Updated Feb 22, 2015

1.8

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in October 2014.

I started my application process online and then had to wait about 2 weeks for anyone to contact me. I was scheduled to have a phone interview but when the guy called me, he said he wanted me to come in for a face-to-face interview instead. The interview lasted about 2 minutes. I had prepared for the worst and was surprised that they didn't ask me...well, anything! They just asked what position I was applying for and then told me I was hired. I guess they are really desperate for employees at the moment. I had to take a drug test and then wait for the results to come back. They told me it would only take a week. It took 2 weeks. I started my onboarding and training. I am currently doing my hands-on training and can't believe how thorough the training is. I thought I was applying to an easy part time job and now I've been stuck doing this intense training program for over a week (I go in 5 days a week for at least 4 hours!!) It's been stressful, but I hope it's worth it. I do have to say the people I am working with and the people in charge of my interview(s) are absolutely amazing! They've truly made me feel like a part of the Harris Teeter family!

Interview Questions
    • Like I said...they didn't ask me anything apart from what job I was applying for and a little bit about where I'm from (I'm not originally from NC)   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Springs, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Springs, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter in October 2014.

Initially I applied for another position and declined because the pay rate was too low for my experience level. I had a great interview with the other store but it was during a job fair which for some is intimidating. I forgot I applied for other postions but didn't expect to get a call back for any so soon. A week later I got a call for another postions. I got a call sun and interviewed 3 hours later. Got a job offer this morning. The interview was very relaxed and quick.

No negotiating

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied online and was called in for an interview two days later. The interview was very relaxed, the questions were easy, but still dress formally. After a background check and a drug test, five days later I started my training.

Interview Questions
    If you have no previous job experience, you have little room to negotiate. Pay will most likely be above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied to the position of Cashier at a new store being built in Cary, NC. After about 2 or 3 weeks, I received an email inviting me to a job fair to interview for the position. Attended the job fair about 2 weeks later and interviewed with another Harris Teeter store manager. The interview was fairly short, I must say. The bulk of the interview was just talking about what would be happening in the next couple of months with the new store. After the interview, I took a drug test and signed for a background check, both of which would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Since this is my first job, most of the questions were about my availability, extracurricular activities, and just school in general   Answer Question

Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

I applied online in 2007. I had no retail experience. A few days later they called me in for a interview. The interview questions were basic questions to get a feel for what your character and personalities are like. After the person to person interview with the CO-Manager I was given a online test of 25 or so multiple choice questions. These questions are aim to see if you are a fit for Harris Teeter. I remember one of the questions was something in the line of "if you saw a co-worker stealing, would you report them". The obvious answer is yes.

Interview Questions
    I needed a job, so I took whatever was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

After about four (long and worrisome) weeks since I submitted my online application, I was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I got scheduled for a face to face interview. They had an interview fair at a larger Harris Teeter in the area (not at the store where I was planning on working). All the applicants were dressed up and the people I saw being interviewed looked 16-25 years old. When an interviewer was ready, I sat down at a table across from him. He made me feel very comfortable and asked me about myself and my work experience. I went into a room to get a drug test and when I was done, they let me go and told me that I should be contacted in the next two weeks by my store manager. It was easy! Good luck. So far Harris Teeter is great! I'm excited to send the rest of my summer break working here.

Interview Questions
    • They only asked me the two things above... It was harder to speak in general about myself because I had no guidelines on what to say. It was very lax.   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Take it or leave it

Starbucks Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2014.

On line survey with in house interview. Computer training from corporate and on the job training as Starbucks Clerk. I don't have anything else to say but this form is requiring more verbage.

Interview Questions
    • Do you pay attention to safety standards. Can you pass a drug screen. Are you willing to shell out a bunch of money to pay for your own uniform and shoes.   View Answer

Fresh Foods Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Hiring and Interviewing for management is handled by the HR department, you have an initial interview and then meet with a district manager or ops manager. This is outside of the store setting so it is hard to get a feel of how your store manager or facility will feel. Interview process is straight forward, meeting with several people, district manager, department specialist, and HR.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you know your strengths and weaknesses and how to handle difficult situations between associates and management.   Answer Question
    Depending on experience Harris Teeter is very competitive, but will try and get you on the low end if possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in March 2013.

1 initial interview, included: describing your self, your work experience, your motivation, why you have what it takes to work as a associate of harris teeter. Then you come back for a saliva drug test done at the store. (a sponge is placed in your mouth for about 5 minutes until it collects enough saliva. Then it is Fed-Ex'd to a testing place for review.)

Interview Questions
    There was none. It was based off of experience.