Harris Teeter Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 22, 2015

1.9

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied and received a phone call several days later for an interview. I arrived to the store and was surprised the hiring manager was not available. I spoke with he store director for a brief moment. . Was asked where I could worked and answered any department. Was given job immediately. The whole process

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very brief, an overview of why I wanted to work there, the reason I apllied to the location, and my availability. A simple drug test, a a week later I was hired.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and called about 2 weeks later for interviews. Asked the normal questions, did a swap drug test on the spot. Applied for one thing; however they asked me if I was interested in another job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an irrate customer. Tell me about two accomplishments.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

They called to set interview for 3 days away in FoxChase King St location. Interview had about 7 questions. Then I was told she liked me and was I willing to take a drug test. I said yes. She got out a mouth-swab and begin to test. Said will call back in 4-5 days if I passed along with the criminal background check. I got a call 1 week later with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Have you been in a situation where your co-workers where hostile and how did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked will I accept the rate of pay and the title of position and will I accept the hours they thought were best for me (ft/pt)

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

I went to a hiring event and I went through two interviews. Also I went through a drug test and they told me to wait 10- 14 days for the background. But I called yesterday and they told me that it is still in progress.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Ashburn, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in about 3-4 weeks time. I did my first and final interview at the store a few days later. They hired me on the spot and said we could figure out a schedule for training as soon as my drug test came back. (I passed by the way)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. All cashiers/baggers get paid the same. (8.75 for baggers, 9.25 for cashiers)

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

On-line application; telephone interview; meet with Recruiter; face to face with District Managers and Regional VP

Interview Questions

• Will 'tell a story/experience' and ask how you would handle it   1 Answer

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

called, then in person easy questions, sometimes the interviewer seemed as if he were talking me out of the process instead of giving me reasons to join. I suppose this is his job after all.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olney, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Olney, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Really Relaxed , not many questions. The first interview question he asked , "tell me about yourself" during the interview, the manager was also chatting with another assistant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Applied for a "cashier" position and the manager offered me a "Seafood Clerk" position .

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Warrenton, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Fairly simple

Interview Questions

• what is customer service to me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none They told me the wage I would be paid