Harris Teeter Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

I went to a hiring event and I went through two interviews. Also I went through a drug test and they told me to wait 10- 14 days for the background. But I called yesterday and they told me that it is still in progress.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2013.

On-line application; telephone interview; meet with Recruiter; face to face with District Managers and Regional VP

Interview Questions
    • Will 'tell a story/experience' and ask how you would handle it   View Answer

Sears Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2011.

it was pretty easy they didnt ask any question at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2009.

I applied but did not receive a reply for almost three weeks. They called me and asked me to come in for an interview. After the original interview (one on one with the customer service manager), I took a test on basic ethics and morals, etc. There was a drug test and a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olney, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2012.

Really Relaxed , not many questions. The first interview question he asked , "tell me about yourself" during the interview, the manager was also chatting with another assistant.

Interview Questions
    Applied for a "cashier" position and the manager offered me a "Seafood Clerk" position .

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2011.

The place to work is great as I have heard from my friends. But, the management is disorganised. They kept pushing me around until I gave up. The managers were very confused. Finally, I didn't know what to do. When I went back to the store, a supervisor told me that the store manager is on vacation and they have no idea when he'll return. Everyone else including the associates were very helkpful. It was only the people on the higher level who messed everything up.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle pressure and conflict in the workplace environment?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrenton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2011.

Fairly simple

none They told me the wage I would be paid

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2010.

The interview process was pretty simple in my opinion. The woman took me into an office and asked me a few questions. She asked things like "What is good customer service to you?" and she also gave me a few scenarios and asked what I would do in those situations. Then she asked if I would be willing to do a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2010.

I applied online. I went into the store and spoke with a manager to set up an interview. The main question they asked was why you want to work at the store. They will try to convince you to open your availability as much as possible, but if you have certain hours that you want to work then be firm. Just be friendly and show them that you can follow the rules (though some seem unnecessary at times) and you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2010.

I was interveiwed by the manager and customer service manager and they said that I was accepted at the moment.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the schedule

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!