Harris Teeter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2013.

Interview Details – On-line application; telephone interview; meet with Recruiter; face to face with District Managers and Regional VP

Interview Question – Will 'tell a story/experience' and ask how you would handle it   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sears Interview

Sears
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2011.

Interview Details – it was pretty easy they didnt ask any question at all

Ashburn, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied but did not receive a reply for almost three weeks. They called me and asked me to come in for an interview. After the original interview (one on one with the customer service manager), I took a test on basic ethics and morals, etc. There was a drug test and a background check.

Very Easy Interview

Olney, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2012.

Interview Details – Really Relaxed , not many questions. The first interview question he asked , "tell me about yourself" during the interview, the manager was also chatting with another assistant.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Applied for a "cashier" position and the manager offered me a "Seafood Clerk" position .

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Arlington, VA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2011.

Interview Details – The place to work is great as I have heard from my friends. But, the management is disorganised. They kept pushing me around until I gave up. The managers were very confused. Finally, I didn't know what to do. When I went back to the store, a supervisor told me that the store manager is on vacation and they have no idea when he'll return. Everyone else including the associates were very helkpful. It was only the people on the higher level who messed everything up.

Interview Question – How would you handle pressure and conflict in the workplace environment?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Warrenton, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly simple

Interview Question – what is customer service to me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none They told me the wage I would be paid

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty simple in my opinion. The woman took me into an office and asked me a few questions. She asked things like "What is good customer service to you?" and she also gave me a few scenarios and asked what I would do in those situations. Then she asked if I would be willing to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. I went into the store and spoke with a manager to set up an interview. The main question they asked was why you want to work at the store. They will try to convince you to open your availability as much as possible, but if you have certain hours that you want to work then be firm. Just be friendly and show them that you can follow the rules (though some seem unnecessary at times) and you will be fine.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was interveiwed by the manager and customer service manager and they said that I was accepted at the moment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the schedule

Manassas, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2010.

Interview Details – applied online. Takes about an hour to fill out application. Got a call the next day.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   View Answer

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!