Harris Teeter Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

They called to set interview for 3 days away in FoxChase King St location. Interview had about 7 questions. Then I was told she liked me and was I willing to take a drug test. I said yes. She got out a mouth-swab and begin to test. Said will call back in 4-5 days if I passed along with the criminal background check. I got a call 1 week later with an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? Have you been in a situation where your co-workers where hostile and how did you handle it ?   View Answer
    Asked will I accept the rate of pay and the title of position and will I accept the hours they thought were best for me (ft/pt)

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

I went to a hiring event and I went through two interviews. Also I went through a drug test and they told me to wait 10- 14 days for the background. But I called yesterday and they told me that it is still in progress.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2013.

On-line application; telephone interview; meet with Recruiter; face to face with District Managers and Regional VP

Interview Questions
    • Will 'tell a story/experience' and ask how you would handle it   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2012.

Really Relaxed , not many questions. The first interview question he asked , "tell me about yourself" during the interview, the manager was also chatting with another assistant.

Interview Questions
    Applied for a "cashier" position and the manager offered me a "Seafood Clerk" position .

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2011.

Fairly simple

none They told me the wage I would be paid

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2011.

The place to work is great as I have heard from my friends. But, the management is disorganised. They kept pushing me around until I gave up. The managers were very confused. Finally, I didn't know what to do. When I went back to the store, a supervisor told me that the store manager is on vacation and they have no idea when he'll return. Everyone else including the associates were very helkpful. It was only the people on the higher level who messed everything up.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle pressure and conflict in the workplace environment?   Answer Question

Sears Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2011.

it was pretty easy they didnt ask any question at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2010.

I applied online. I went into the store and spoke with a manager to set up an interview. The main question they asked was why you want to work at the store. They will try to convince you to open your availability as much as possible, but if you have certain hours that you want to work then be firm. Just be friendly and show them that you can follow the rules (though some seem unnecessary at times) and you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2010.

The interview process was pretty simple in my opinion. The woman took me into an office and asked me a few questions. She asked things like "What is good customer service to you?" and she also gave me a few scenarios and asked what I would do in those situations. Then she asked if I would be willing to do a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2010.

applied online. Takes about an hour to fill out application. Got a call the next day.