Harris Williams

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Harris Williams in October 2011.

Interview Details – The associate interviews for MBA recruits begins with an initial on campus 1:1 interview with an associate (usually an alumni). Basic finance and accounting questions that you get for banking interviews. 2nd round occurs onsite with several rounds of interviews with mostly associates and VPs. Again, basic accounting and finance questions with some behavioral.

Interview Question – not that difficult but: two companies have the exact same EBITDA multiples but have differing PE multiples. Why might this be the case   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Williams in November 2010.

Interview Details – Standard investment banking interview. I met everyone on the team and had a variety of 1on1 and 2on1 interviews. Questions ranged from quantitative (how do you value a company, walk me through how changes on one financial statement affect the others, etc.) to qualitative (who would be the buyers for a business in the XYZ industry). I have previous investment banking experience so my questions were less focused on the typical Associate functions and more on personality and fit.

Interview Question – Why do you want to return to investment banking?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris Williams

Worked for Harris Williams? Contribute to the Community!