Harrison College Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.6

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

I'm still in the process of the interview, but has had 2 thus far. I have never been to an interview that was so honest. They speak to you directly about what they're looking for and the qualities you need to possess in order to be successful in this position. If you don't like sales, marketing, helping others or you can't handle criticism or sometimes angry hang-ups, they don't want you to accept any position. Very clear and very honest.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • How can you involve current responsibilities at your job with that if an Admissions Rep?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Even with no direct Admissions experience, you're able to use your knowledge of previous experience to help negotiate a reasonable wage. This isn't a commission based sales position. It's a business with recruiting.

Student Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later for an on-the-spot phone interview. A few days after the phone interview I got a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. Met with the Hiring Supervisor, someone else in the same position, and the Campus President. Questions were mostly about my experience and how would I handle certain situations with students and faculty. Recieved an offer at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a faculty member whose student was having issues with them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harrison College (Grove City, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very informal. Basic questions were asked about my experience, strengths and weaknesses, and why I feel I would be good fit for the position.

Negotiation

They asked me what the minimum salary I would accept. The offered me higher than my minimum.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

Interview process involved a short phone screening, followed by a face-to-face interview with seven people. Most were in person, but there were two participating via phone. The individuals included the incumbent job holder, a direct report, and leaders form other areas with which the position interacted. Oddly, the hiring manager did not participate in the interview. I was asked a very wide range of questions depending on the perspective of the person asking the question. Most of the focus was on my current job and some of the changes that I had implemented in that position. This past experience was very relevant to the job I was interviewing for. The interview wasn't to terribly challenging because I just had to talk a lot about my past work and describe some of the details on how I did what I did and what drove my decision making. The position I was interviewing for also involved people management responsibilities, so I was also asked questions about my people management style and practices. They were clearly concerned with getting someone who would manage people in a manner consistent with the organization's values.

After the face-to-face interview there was about a month where things didn't move forward. Harrison expressed interest in moving forward, but it didn't happen quickly. Eventually, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and a second phone interview with his manager. The second interview was conducted on a Saturday morning to fit it into the Provost's schedule. The hiring manager called me immediately after that interview and made an offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really find any of the questions very difficult, but the two most detailed ones were about my experience implementing operational systems in my current position and a question about my management style. In both cases, I was asked for specific details and examples that showed how I approached the situations. We spent a lot of time talking about both of these topics and I was asked a number of clarifying questions from different members of the interview panel. Each had their own perspective that they wanted to explore. I didn't really find the questions difficult, because I just had to talk about my experiences. For others interviewing, you should be prepared to talk about past work in detail, not just at a surface level. Also be prepared for behavioral interview questions where they ask you to give an example of a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

My current salary was well outside the range for this position, and they did make an offer that was competitive with where I was. This meant that there was no room for salary negotiation, but they did offer me some perks such as a paid cell phone, additional vacation time, and a small personal development stipend.

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harrison College in October 2013.

Interview

Email communication. Initial phone interview 35 minutes with one person. Additional online interview & presentation with two people. Quick response time.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize assignments from different constituencies with different deadlines?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

You will likely have a phone screening and one in-person interview for a manager position. Questions are very detailed, no behavior type trick questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harrison College (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring manageer emailed me a VERY brief email telling me a time and date to be there to interview 3 months after I submitted an application. When I said I could not make that date I was told to check back for other opportunities online. Very unprofessional and unrealistic. Offered to do a phone interview since I am out of town on business and was told thanks anyways.

Interview Questions

• N/A since they were so unflexable. If I was qualified enough to offer an initial interview you should work to make one happen.   1 Answer

Student Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Took tour of the campus, met with campus president and dean (who clearly didn't communicate on what the position actually did and what questions they would ask), and didn't hear anything for weeks. I than received a call from director in which we chatted for 30 minutes about for profit education. He did most of the talking. Afterwards, got a call about the job, all together took about 3 months from applying to receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle a difficult student situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Dean of Online Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harrison College in November 2010.

Interview

Interview is completed in three steps one is resume review and prelim phone call second is a meeting with the committee who is hiring third is one on one with manager

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation take it or leave it.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

The process takes forever. You have individual, group, and more individual interviews. All sorts of weird hypothetical questions are asked. I have been through many interviews, and this was the strangest. There were people involved in the process who had no relationship to the position for which I was interviewing. I had no idea how I did.

Interview Questions

• If you were an ice cream cone, tell me how you would spend your day?   Answer Question