Harrison College Interview Questions

2.6

Student Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later for an on-the-spot phone interview. A few days after the phone interview I got a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. Met with the Hiring Supervisor, someone else in the same position, and the Campus President. Questions were mostly about my experience and how would I handle certain situations with students and faculty. Recieved an offer at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a faculty member whose student was having issues with them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harrison College (Grove City, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very informal. Basic questions were asked about my experience, strengths and weaknesses, and why I feel I would be good fit for the position.

Negotiation

They asked me what the minimum salary I would accept. The offered me higher than my minimum.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

Interview process involved a short phone screening, followed by a face-to-face interview with seven people. Most were in person, but there were two participating via phone. The individuals included the incumbent job holder, a direct report, and leaders form other areas with which the position interacted. Oddly, the hiring manager did not participate in the interview. I was asked a very wide range of questions depending on the perspective of the person asking the question. Most of the focus was on my current job and some of the changes that I had implemented in that position. This past experience was very relevant to the job I was interviewing for. The interview wasn't to terribly challenging because I just had to talk a lot about my past work and describe some of the details on how I did what I did and what drove my decision making. The position I was interviewing for also involved people management responsibilities, so I was also asked questions about my people management style and practices. They were clearly concerned with getting someone who would manage people in a manner consistent with the organization's values.

After the face-to-face interview there was about a month where things didn't move forward. Harrison expressed interest in moving forward, but it didn't happen quickly. Eventually, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and a second phone interview with his manager. The second interview was conducted on a Saturday morning to fit it into the Provost's schedule. The hiring manager called me immediately after that interview and made an offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really find any of the questions very difficult, but the two most detailed ones were about my experience implementing operational systems in my current position and a question about my management style. In both cases, I was asked for specific details and examples that showed how I approached the situations. We spent a lot of time talking about both of these topics and I was asked a number of clarifying questions from different members of the interview panel. Each had their own perspective that they wanted to explore. I didn't really find the questions difficult, because I just had to talk about my experiences. For others interviewing, you should be prepared to talk about past work in detail, not just at a surface level. Also be prepared for behavioral interview questions where they ask you to give an example of a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

My current salary was well outside the range for this position, and they did make an offer that was competitive with where I was. This meant that there was no room for salary negotiation, but they did offer me some perks such as a paid cell phone, additional vacation time, and a small personal development stipend.

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harrison College in October 2013.

Interview

Email communication. Initial phone interview 35 minutes with one person. Additional online interview & presentation with two people. Quick response time.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize assignments from different constituencies with different deadlines?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

You will likely have a phone screening and one in-person interview for a manager position. Questions are very detailed, no behavior type trick questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harrison College (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring manageer emailed me a VERY brief email telling me a time and date to be there to interview 3 months after I submitted an application. When I said I could not make that date I was told to check back for other opportunities online. Very unprofessional and unrealistic. Offered to do a phone interview since I am out of town on business and was told thanks anyways.

Interview Questions

• N/A since they were so unflexable. If I was qualified enough to offer an initial interview you should work to make one happen.   1 Answer

Dean of Online Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harrison College in November 2010.

Interview

Interview is completed in three steps one is resume review and prelim phone call second is a meeting with the committee who is hiring third is one on one with manager

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation take it or leave it.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

The process takes forever. You have individual, group, and more individual interviews. All sorts of weird hypothetical questions are asked. I have been through many interviews, and this was the strangest. There were people involved in the process who had no relationship to the position for which I was interviewing. I had no idea how I did.

Interview Questions

• If you were an ice cream cone, tell me how you would spend your day?   Answer Question

Online Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

When I applied online, everything was fine. They sent out this questionairre (which I hate, if you wanna know about me, stop trying to prescreen me first) and we had to complete that with salry requirements. The day of the interview, they give you a brief packet explaining about the founding of the school, blah, blah and a description of the position. In a nutshell, you would be working long hours and it is mainly on sales

Interview Questions

• What do you like and what would you improve about www.harrison.edu?   Answer Question
    • What are your five favorite websites? WHY are they your favorite websites?   Answer Question

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harrison College (Elkhart, IN) in January 2009.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Dean and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary due to budget constraints.