Harrison College

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Affairs Interview

Student Affairs

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call about a week later for an on-the-spot phone interview. A few days after the phone interview I got a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. Met with the Hiring Supervisor, someone else in the same position, and the Campus President. Questions were mostly about my experience and how would I handle certain situations with students and faculty. Recieved an offer at the end of the week.

Interview Question – How would you approach a faculty member whose student was having issues with them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Dean of Online Interview

Dean of Online

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harrison College in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is completed in three steps one is resume review and prelim phone call second is a meeting with the committee who is hiring third is one on one with manager

Interview Question – How would you handle a disgruntled employee   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation take it or leave it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Grove City, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview Details – The interview process was very informal. Basic questions were asked about my experience, strengths and weaknesses, and why I feel I would be good fit for the position.

Negotiation Details – They asked me what the minimum salary I would accept. The offered me higher than my minimum.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Harrison College in January 2010.

Interview Details – The process takes forever. You have individual, group, and more individual interviews. All sorts of weird hypothetical questions are asked. I have been through many interviews, and this was the strangest. There were people involved in the process who had no relationship to the position for which I was interviewing. I had no idea how I did.

Interview Question – If you were an ice cream cone, tell me how you would spend your day?   Answer Question

Director of Instructional Design and Development Interview

Director of Instructional Design and Development

I applied online and interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview Details – Interview process involved a short phone screening, followed by a face-to-face interview with seven people. Most were in person, but there were two participating via phone. The individuals included the incumbent job holder, a direct report, and leaders form other areas with which the position interacted. Oddly, the hiring manager did not participate in the interview. I was asked a very wide range of questions depending on the perspective of the person asking the question. Most of the focus was on my current job and some of the changes that I had implemented in that position. This past experience was very relevant to the job I was interviewing for. The interview wasn't to terribly challenging because I just had to talk a lot about my past work and describe some of the details on how I did what I did and what drove my decision making. The position I was interviewing for also involved people management responsibilities, so I was also asked questions about my people management style and practices. They were clearly concerned with getting someone who would manage people in a manner consistent with the organization's values.

After the face-to-face interview there was about a month where things didn't move forward. Harrison expressed interest in moving forward, but it didn't happen quickly. Eventually, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and a second phone interview with his manager. The second interview was conducted on a Saturday morning to fit it into the Provost's schedule. The hiring manager called me immediately after that interview and made an offer via phone.

Interview Question – I didn't really find any of the questions very difficult, but the two most detailed ones were about my experience implementing operational systems in my current position and a question about my management style. In both cases, I was asked for specific details and examples that showed how I approached the situations. We spent a lot of time talking about both of these topics and I was asked a number of clarifying questions from different members of the interview panel. Each had their own perspective that they wanted to explore. I didn't really find the questions difficult, because I just had to talk about my experiences. For others interviewing, you should be prepared to talk about past work in detail, not just at a surface level. Also be prepared for behavioral interview questions where they ask you to give an example of a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My current salary was well outside the range for this position, and they did make an offer that was competitive with where I was. This meant that there was no room for salary negotiation, but they did offer me some perks such as a paid cell phone, additional vacation time, and a small personal development stipend.

Librarian Interview

Librarian

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harrison College in October 2013.

Interview Details – Email communication. Initial phone interview 35 minutes with one person. Additional online interview & presentation with two people. Quick response time.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize assignments from different constituencies with different deadlines?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Harrison College in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring manageer emailed me a VERY brief email telling me a time and date to be there to interview 3 months after I submitted an application. When I said I could not make that date I was told to check back for other opportunities online. Very unprofessional and unrealistic. Offered to do a phone interview since I am out of town on business and was told thanks anyways.

Interview Question – N/A since they were so unflexable. If I was qualified enough to offer an initial interview you should work to make one happen.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Harrison College in March 2013.

Interview Details – You will likely have a phone screening and one in-person interview for a manager position. Questions are very detailed, no behavior type trick questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you today?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Faculty Interview

Faculty
Elkhart, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harrison College in January 2009.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by the Dean and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of salary due to budget constraints.

Online Admissions Interview

Online Admissions
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harrison College in January 2010.

Interview Details – When I applied online, everything was fine. They sent out this questionairre (which I hate, if you wanna know about me, stop trying to prescreen me first) and we had to complete that with salry requirements. The day of the interview, they give you a brief packet explaining about the founding of the school, blah, blah and a description of the position. In a nutshell, you would be working long hours and it is mainly on sales

Interview Questions

• What do you like and what would you improve about www.harrison.edu?   Answer Question
  • What are your five favorite websites? WHY are they your favorite websites?   Answer Question

Worked for Harrison College? Contribute to the Community!