Harrison and Star

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harrison and Star.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, and was called by an HR Representative. I was brought in for an interview for an oncology account, but unfortunately did not receive that position. The HR Rep was SO friendly and said with my experience she really wanted to get a position with the company, so that same week of hearing the bad news, she set me up on another interview with another oncology account. I met with the Senior AE and the VP, Group Account Services and was asked to walk them through my resume, they told me the position. Nothing was really unexpected or out of the ordinary.

Negotiation Details – They offered me $50,000, but I pushed back to $55,000. Then, after getting manager's approval (since it was over $50k) they offered me $53,000 and I accepted.

Group Account Supervisor Interview

Group Account Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Harrison and Star in July 2011.

Interview Details – HR called me on the phone through a recommendation from a current employee. We spoke and then I went in for an information interview. I went in for 1-2 more interviews and then did a phone interview with the client and Senior Management before an offer came through and then we went through negotiations for a while.

Very Easy Interview

Information Architect Interview

Information Architect
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harrison and Star in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by Director of Digital Operations, Director of Web Development and Creative Director. They liked my portfolio.

Negotiation Details – The offer was non-negotiable.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Coordinator Interview

IT Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Harrison and Star in June 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR lady she left me a vm. I called her back she asked about my past jobs. Answered them and then asked to come in to meet with the CIO, Head of IT and herself. When she sent an email for my confirmation to go to the interview I noticed she put the wrong date but right day. I knew what she meant but thought that was unprofessional doesn't she check over her work.

The interview consisted of 1 question that was my background which was discussed on the phone. I noticed she kept looking at her phone I guess for the time. She told me my skills were aligned to the position and thought I was a good fit. She said she wanted me to meet with the CIO and Head of IT because I have the qualifications for the position. I waited in the office for 20 minutes where the interview was. The HR lady returns without the 2 individuals. She apologizes and says we will have to reschedule another interview because they got held up on a ticket and they can't do Friday because they have summer hours. I send the HR lady a thank you note as for courtesy and never got a reply back to the status of the position. I decided to send the hr lady a follow up call and email. No response. Then 3 days later I get an email stating that I was not qualified. But that day you wanted me to meet the 2 individuals for an interview because you thought I was qualified but now I'm not?
The atmosphere the furniture is modern looks like cheap Ikea furniture. The receptionist was on a personal phone call the entire time I was there. It was unprofessional. Lots of young people seem like them don't know what they are doing. Atmosphere seems very casual people wearing shorts and flip flops. The job application consisted of only your work background. They do not ask for a reference which I thought was odd.

Interview Question – What I did over the years in terms of my professional experience.   View Answer

Worked for Harrison and Star? Contribute to the Community!