Harrods Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic interview set up. Just a discussion about your skills thus far. Also some behavioral questions and how you're a fit for the company, etc. also there is a preliminary video interview to get to know fellow candidates a bit better.

Summer Sale Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Harrods called a few days after applying and asked questions like "why do you want to work for Harrods?" "what's your favourite department and why?". They then put me through to the group interview.

Interview Questions

• Same questions as telephone interview. They asked us to get into groups of 4 and 5 and think of 3 things customers expect from employees at Harrods and if you could think of a new service or department in Harrods, what would it be? They also gave us a laminated sheet of a product sold by Harrods and we had 30 seconds to sell the product individually.   1 Answer

Luxury Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a luxury brand that is hiring for summer full time position on the harrods website.
    The process differs for different brands but this I believe is the generic interview process for most brands.

There is a phone interview in which they will tell you whether they will take you through to the interview process at HQ - they will also confirm whether you were successful and the next steps to take via email.

Experience is always a pro since I was asked to bring a passport and CV (showcase your uniqueness and skills on your CV! it is the best opportunity to make you stand out in a group interview) and focus on appearance- do not take the uniform policy lightly, however, the urban myth that you must look like a model is not true, as a female makeup is a must in Harrods, However, I'm short and definitely not the typical attractive model like sales associate you see in high end stores, in fact experience and what skills you can offer thrives in a competitive interview such as this!

I also arrived 20 minutes LATE! but I had a valid reason! so I did not face a group interview as initially intended since I was seen an HOUR later- but I believe this helped me since it ended up being a 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: I answered my phone, brief introduction then asked the following question:

1)What do you like about harrods?
      2)What brands do you like?

1 Answer
    • The group interview in Assessment Center (although I was not in a group, I did follow the same structure).

The structure is to go through two scenarios
      1) Role play: present your response to a difficult situation, there is a customer who needs a product that is out of stock - present an alternative. the interview will role play as the customer.
      2) Present a random product to sell.

1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Terribly unorganized HR department. No show for telephone interview. Date, time and scope to face to face interview then changed 4 times, interview started 25 minutes late. In follow up call HR got their story mixed up and told me something completely different then before. All that made me withdraw my application at the last stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a big mistake   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview - after completing an online application and screening quiz i was invited to a telephone interview where i was asked about my availability and previous retail experience. i was also asked if i had any holidays booked and my preferred hours. very simple. very easy. just sound friendly.
    VERRY SIMPLE.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a 1:1 interview with the concession manager. He liked me and I got a job offer from him. The, I had a store approval interview with Harrods, which is mandatory for everyone who starts working in Harrods.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in luxury retail before?
      A lot of competency-based questions - previous team work experience, when I have made a mistake at my workplace and how did I deal with it, most difficult situation at work and its outcome...

Answer Question

Translation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a email inviting me to a video interview after 8 days. Video interview was really quick, they asked 6 questions. Each having 30 seconds to prepare after seeing the question. Once you've recorded it you can't change it.
    Still awaiting response

Business Analyst Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Got through to the online interview, where there is a series of automated questions. You end up recording yourself on a webcam answering questions set by them. They allow you about 45 seconds prep before each question, so you aren't put on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harrods?

A time when you used time management?

Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online had a video interview within 2 days - Initial interview with head of department.
    Impromptu maths test & SWOT analysis.
    Standard interview questions - asked a lot about figures from previous company.
    Told I would receive feedback the following week.
    3 months later - no feedback HR ignored emails when I asked for feedback.
    4 months later - asked to 2nd interview no feedback on initial interview.
    Declined interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a junior team member that was under performing?   Answer Question

Temporary Administration Opportunities Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

The process began with an online application in the company'e website.
    Next day I got an e-mail being invited to send a video interview.
    In the video interview they asked questions about your availability and examples of a moment where you have to reorganised your priorities for the day.
    After I sent the video interview I was asked to complete another round of questions, mostly about the availably and the permit to work in the UK.
    Two days later I got an email saying that for this occasion I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Example of when would you have to reorganised your priorities   1 Answer