Harrods Interview Questions in London, England

2.5

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Press Office Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harrods in December 2013.

I applied via linked in and heard back from the recruiter the very same day.

I was called in for an initial interview with a member of HR and the PR Manager. This initial round was very straight forward, primarily to do with prior experience and the usual interview competency based questions.

I then had a final round interview which was very challenging with a member of Senior management and two managers.

Intensive questioning and debate, expected very detailed answers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harrods in March 2014.

The hiring process is pretty quick for harrods. I feel the process is very long though and involves a lot of interviews and time. I had my interview date changed when I'd already arranged cover at my current job, and couldn't change it back because it would look suspicious at my current role. I couldn't make it anyway because of a last minute non-work related issue, and wasn't given a rescheduled interview or contacted back when told I would be.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult customer you have dealt with   View Answer

Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harrods in May 2014.

A 5 minute telephone interview with some pretty basic questions about why you want to work for Harrods, what experience you have and a time when you have built up rapport with a customer. The assessment day was an hour long and consisted of a presentation, questions and a group task about planning a party. The individual questions were:
    1) if you had £1000 gift voucher for Harrods, what would you spend it on?
    2) how would your best friend describe you?
    3) how would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?
    4) the highlight of the last 12 months for you
    I was quite disappointed with the process overall. They highlighted the fact that they had 7000 applicants for only 150 places yet the phone interview was relatively easy and from what I gathered, they weren't at all selective about who they invited to the assessment centre.
    The assessment centre again, was quite easy and didn't really give anyone a chance to really stand out or differentiate themselves.
    I received an email two days later saying I had passed the assessment centre but was 'on hold' whilst they find a suitable department to match my skill set. I emailed them to ask what this meant exactly and the likeliness of being selected but of course, they haven't replied and after doing some research of my own, have found that they tend to simply leave applicants hanging at this stage. This in my opinion, is completely unprofessional on their behalves and they'd probably save a lot of time and money if they were selective about candidates to begin with.

Interview Questions
    • how would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harrods in February 2012.

Very difficult. Three interviews. Must know english cery well . Exceptional service required even if it was a cafe.,polite but not kindly. They expect too much from what they want. Good salary

Too many working hours

Harrods Temporary Summer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harrods in April 2014.

I applied online for this Harrods interview where I filled out an online application. Two days later I had an email saying that I'm invited for a Harrods Telephone interview where I booked a slot online. The day of the interview: She called about 5 minutes later than the actual time I booked and asked simple questions about me and how long I could work for (Remember to be bubbly) and then she asked these two main questions: Why do you want to work for Harrods? What experience have you had creating rapports with customers? and that was it! Straight after I got an email saying that I'm invited for a Assessment Centre where I booked my slot online and I was super Happy! Go to the Assessment smartly dressed (shown in the Harrods Dress Code style guide that they send via email) & make sure your face is perfect to lol! It was a Group interview and she informed us all about Harrods and what the job entails. She then did a IceBreaker where all of us had to answer the questions from the board which was: What is your highlight of the last 12 months? What would your bestfriend describe you as? If you had £1,000 gift voucher from Harrods, What would you buy? How would you sell a fridge to an Eskimo? (Be super confident) Then a group task which was based on a woman called Sophie and what items you would buy with her budget of £500 then we had to discuss as a group. It was relatively easy and I enjoyed it!
    I then got an email saying I've got the job but I'm on hold till they get back to me to inform me of what department I will be working in!

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a fridge to an Eskimo?   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harrods in January 2010.

The hiring process was clean, quick and easy. I had to go through 2 rounds of interview and was through.

Interview Questions
    • Something about the customer insight expectations over their loyalty cards.   Answer Question

Transaction Assistant By Appointment/Personal Shopping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harrods in March 2014.

Started with an online application which is very quick, straightforward and easy. Was emailed 2 days later with an invite for a video interview which I completed using an iPhone app (laptop broken at the time!). Questions were 1. Why have applied for the position 2. What past or current experiences do I feel would relate to the role 3. Have I ever gone above and beyond to deliver good customer service 4. Describe a situation where I have witnessed or been a part of some issue / conflict within a team and how I resolved it.

A week went by after I sent the video interview before I got a call from a member of the recruitment team. She highlighted specific skills and competences required by the job and asked me for examples of various things such as my communication, experience of dealing with difficult customers, till systems and handling large amounts of money. At the end of the conversation (about 10minutes long call) we scheduled an interview with the line manager two days from the date of the call.

The interview which was supposed to last about half an hour, was over in just about 20 minutes. There were two interviewees and one of them - the actual line manager seemed pretty distracted throughout asking me only 3 questions then speaking at the end to tell me a bit about the organisation. The questions were the same as usual and specifically getting me to do most of the talking. Examples are: 3 things you / your manager would say about you, what are your future plans, when have you gone above and beyond for your team members, when you start a new job how do you break the ice.

I received a call two days after the interview from the same woman from recruitment asking me how I felt the interview went and letting me know that I was well received and had been given a job offer. She also let me know the salary (21k) and that it was full time, and finally we set a start date :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you have had an issue with someone - or they you - and how you delay with it   View Answer
    No negotiation salary on offer was fixed and I accepted

Customer Loyalty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harrods in May 2012.

Uploaded my CV onto the careers website at Harrods for the job. Then I received a phone call about the job. It asked me why Harrods? Why this job and what can you bring to the role?

Afterwards I got a call back saying I have been selected for the interview.

Basic competency questions, why Harrods, time management, good customer service. Also lastly a spelling and writing test because the role involves speaking to customer via different methods of communication.

Fairly straight forward you are starting here and then

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harrods in December 2013.

The process started through sumbission of CV and a covering letter online.

The next step was a phone interview, asking me my background like past work experience etc. Then some typical interview quesitons, like when were you given responsibility and why Harrods.

Assessment centre was the third step. This consisted of standing up in front of the room and answering a variety of questions. Best acheivement of my last 12 months, if you were given an Harrods gift vouncher how would you spend it. Selling a fridge to an eskimo.

Temp Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harrods in October 2013.

Submit an online application form online, if they like what they have seen they then email you to invite you to book a telephone interview. The telephone interview consists of a few questions besides asking for basic info (notice period, flexibility, holidays booked etc...) I was asked why I wanted to work for harrods and how I would create a rapport with a customer. if they like what they heard they will send you an email invitation to a group interview at one of their head quarters.

It's a very chilled environment. The initial part of the assessment is a presentation on Harrods then each of you have to go to the front and answer a few questions at the end of the presentation e.g. what would you buy with £1000 at harrods, how would your friends describe you, what are the highlights of the past 12 months. Then you are split into two groups where you are given a scenario of a customer who wants to plan a party on a budget, as a team you need to decide what items you would recommend to the customer and that's it!

After that the interviewers decide which role you're most suited for and pass on your application to the line manager who will ultimately decide whether you get the job or not. It may take a while for you to get a reply about the line manager interview because they're really busy but in doubt just email harrods careers department to get an update. The line manager will ask you about your CV and find out what your interests are, what motivates you to find out whether or not you fit the roles they have. If you have done well in the 1 to 1 interview then a few days after you will get an email confirmation and a telephone call to let you know you have the job!

N/A

Worked for Harrods? Contribute to the Community!