Harry and David Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.6

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harry and David (Washington, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

When I was contacted the store manager was very friendly. She was off for two days when I called back so I scheduled my interview a few days later. That's when it went down hill. When I got there for my interview, I heard the store manager and an associate talking about how funny it would be to make me stand there like an idiot before I was taken back for my interview. For some reason they didn't like the fact that I had 7 years of retail experience and promotions within a single company? The assistant manager said "oh this is the only job you've had?" They had me step out for a moment while they discussed. The store manager came back out and said "we have other candidates too. We'll be in touch" and basically pushed me out of the store. I never heard back. So rude and unprofessional that I would not have accepted an offer I had one.

Order Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harry and David (Eugene, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a link to take a few online assessments. I was called in for an interview after background check. I interviewed at the Eugene call center. The interview went fairly well. I filled out paperwork after receiving the job offer after my interview. The hiring person seemed to be a very nice person and very knowledgeable about the company. I was pretty excited about getting hired since I have not worked in a call center before, and it seemed like a great new skill to learn.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty low key I was asked what I thought good customer service meant. I was also put on the spot to perform a mock call. Make sure you have a good sales pitch prepared.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harry and David (Broomfield, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I was found by Harry and David via Indeed.com. I was contacted e-mail. The manager interviewed myself twice. I was hired right away. Standard questions relating to my retail experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest challenges that you have overcome in the work-setting?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Harry and David (Medford, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job at the employment center. An appointment for the next day was made for me. I returned for an interview for the call center job. I was interviewed, and was offered either a customer service support or a business accounts job. I chose the support job because I thought it would be more fun working directly with the public.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work full or part time?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harry and David.

Interview

slow, it took a very long time. the company was not considerate as far as time-management. i would not recommend. i suggest looking elsewhere. perhaps where the company culture is more considerate

CDL Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harry and David (Medford, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

I was brand new out of truck driving school.. They had call my instructor and told him that they were trying out something new by hiring resent graduates that year. Filled out an app. Did an online assessment while I was there then went home. A few days later I got a call for a graveyard truck driving job. He said ether take it and go to work now, or stay on the list and wait for another opening. Everything else was filled so I took it. Glad I did.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask me any questions. Just run me through the paperwork told me where to go on Monday, and I was hired.   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harry and David (Medford, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on line 3-4-20013, e-mail requesting a time to speak with me,
    Agreed for 3-6-2014

Interview Questions

• We greeted each other, this woman from HR said and I quote "My fear is that you have to much experience, also that you may be to expensive?" Her voice was all this condescending, insulting, belittling and rudeness lasted......all in 2 minutes.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Turn in application, take a test, one interview, hired, one week training program, then put on the floor to answer phone calls and process orders.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harry and David.

Interview

Very fast process from recruiter "used car salesperson" pitch, to in person interviews to offer
    and move. (less than 3 weeks from initial point-of-contact).

Medford is very difficult to recruit top talent to the area. Beware of the pitch that it rarely snows (it is cold enough to snow all winter, the right conditions just do not happen).

Tuesday Phone screen from recruiter, Weds phone call with hiring mgr, Thursday phone screen VP of Dept. Friday travel plans were made and flew up over the weekend to interview on Monday. Had an offer the following Tuesday.

WARNING: the closer to "SEASON" (Sept-Dec) the more desperate to fill seats. HD execs have a "He or She **will do**" attitude and will get rid on people in Feb or March that do not meet expectations.

Interview Questions

• One VP simply talked about himself almost the entirely interview. After working at HD over a period of time, there is a set interview panel and they get tired of simply interviewing over and over again. Only the most junior member asked questions that one would find by googling "interview questions." Many will ask "Why Medford?" Others will try to sell you on Medford with "there is no traffic or sales tax."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a higher pay rate quickly (outside of the designated pay range) and for HD to reimburse for COBRA insurance payments.

The relocation package is very good, for one reason, Medford.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harry and David (Tukwila, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

I had friends that already knew the manager of the kiosk and he said he was looking to hire more people. I interviewed with him at Starbucks and it was very laid back and casual so it made me less nervous.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Seasonal position to earn a little extra cash. Hoping that Harry & David's opens a store in Washington because I would really love to work there.