Harry and David

Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse-Seasonal Interview

Warehouse-Seasonal
Medford, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Harry and David in November 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped off application in person and didn't hear back for a couple weeks, so went in again and inquired as to the status. This resulted in a call back within a few hours the same day, with apologies for the 'pile of applications' manager had to go through in the busy pre-holiday season. (note to job-seekers: persistence has resulted in employment for my last 3 jobs, all hiring managers have told me "Most people don't follow up, since you did, it shows you're serious") Had an in-person interview the next day and was hired.

Interview Question – Didn't have one   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Medford, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Harry and David in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line 3-4-20013, e-mail requesting a time to speak with me,
Agreed for 3-6-2014

Interview Question – We greeted each other, this woman from HR said and I quote "My fear is that you have to much experience, also that you may be to expensive?" Her voice was all this condescending, insulting, belittling and rudeness lasted......all in 2 minutes.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Tukwila, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Harry and David in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had friends that already knew the manager of the kiosk and he said he was looking to hire more people. I interviewed with him at Starbucks and it was very laid back and casual so it made me less nervous.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Seasonal position to earn a little extra cash. Hoping that Harry & David's opens a store in Washington because I would really love to work there.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

Interviewed at Harry and David

Interview Details – Turn in application, take a test, one interview, hired, one week training program, then put on the floor to answer phone calls and process orders.

Interview Question – All of the questions are typical for interviews.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harry and David.

Interview Details – Very fast process from recruiter "used car salesperson" pitch, to in person interviews to offer
and move. (less than 3 weeks from initial point-of-contact).

Medford is very difficult to recruit top talent to the area. Beware of the pitch that it rarely snows (it is cold enough to snow all winter, the right conditions just do not happen).

Tuesday Phone screen from recruiter, Weds phone call with hiring mgr, Thursday phone screen VP of Dept. Friday travel plans were made and flew up over the weekend to interview on Monday. Had an offer the following Tuesday.

WARNING: the closer to "SEASON" (Sept-Dec) the more desperate to fill seats. HD execs have a "He or She **will do**" attitude and will get rid on people in Feb or March that do not meet expectations.

Interview Question – One VP simply talked about himself almost the entirely interview. After working at HD over a period of time, there is a set interview panel and they get tired of simply interviewing over and over again. Only the most junior member asked questions that one would find by googling "interview questions." Many will ask "Why Medford?" Others will try to sell you on Medford with "there is no traffic or sales tax."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a higher pay rate quickly (outside of the designated pay range) and for HD to reimburse for COBRA insurance payments.

The relocation package is very good, for one reason, Medford.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Medford, OR

I applied in-person - interviewed at Harry and David in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for this job in person and received a call for an interview approximately 2 weeks later. There was only one interview in addition to testing for incoming calls for accuracy. The lady that interviewed me was very thorough in describing the job requirements. She was more than willing to answer any questions. The interviewing area was small but sufficient. It appeared that the staff was over worked.

Interview Question – I do not remember any difficult or unexpected questions. All the questions I remember were very straight forward for the job.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harry and David.

Interview Details – Quick and straightforward, very canned type of interview. Phone screen by HR, followed by in-person interview. Beware that some interviews are rushed through and you are being hired to replace people who will get laid off just before you join thus will leave the job like a mess without transferring knowledge.

Interview Question – None. Ask as many questions as possible. Request to see the lower level positions in the department for in prompt 5 minutes with people without HR or managers presence for reality check.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slow, follows pay scale bands and takes many signatures to get offer changed.

Graphic Designer III Interview

Graphic Designer III
Medford, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Harry and David.

Interview Details – In August, 2004, I had face-to-face interviews with the then Branding Executive Art Director and Retail Executive Art Director and felt that both were unsatisfactory on their parts. In January of 2005 I applied again and had a phone interview with the Catalog Executive Art Director and was hired.

Interview Question – The Retail Executive Art Director talked about the fact that they had two "church ladies" that they didn't feel they could dismiss.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was eventually hired by the Catalog Executive Art Director. I was given an offer by HR and there was not negotiating. It was either "take it or leave it".

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Medford, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harry and David in December 2010.

Interview Details – VERY quick, clean, efficient, and professional, while personal at the same time. Response time from initial application was <2 days; phone interview the next day, then they paid for me to come down for panel interviews 3 days after that. People were (and are) very welcoming, warm, and knowledgeable; the culture is relaxed yet professional, with people really having the company's best interests at heart, and the company cares for the employees.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question had to do with culinary preferences, to inticate my analytical/creative balance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process was very fair, and not much haggling needed to be done; felt very valued and appreciated by the initial offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Harry and David in July 2010.

Interview Details – I asked a friend to recommend myself to yahoo. The first interview was by phone. After that, there were 4 on-site interviews. I took about 1 hour for each interview. The questions were not so difficult, all were technical related.

Interview Question – how to find the K biggest numbers from an integer array.   Answer Question

Worked for Harry and David? Contribute to the Community!