Harte Hanks Interview Questions in Austin, TX

2.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internal Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harte Hanks.

Fair panel interview followed by 2 phone interviews with clients. Talked a lot about my sales history and how I would handle certain situations with other employees I would be working with and also customers. A lot of focus on relating what I have done to fit the position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather work inside or outside   View Answer
    I took the original offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in May 2013.

Manager was very relaxed and upfront about the position. The workplace was casual and open. Heard other agents openly joking around and personal cell phones were out on the desks. Was waiting with other applicants applying for the same position but, the turn over rate is so high that they hire 4 people at a time.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were too hard. These was the question: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Harte Hanks.

The hiring process was 2-3 interviews with both Harte Hanks and folks from the account you will be working on. Everyone's experience will be different depending on the account you are interviewing for. My interviewers were pretty honest and straightforward. You get a tour around the sales floor to see what is going on in the various accounts. A lot of metrics and spiffs displayed.

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer inside or outside sales   View Answer
    It was take it or leave it.

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in July 2013.

The recruiter first reached me by email through job boarding site (monster.com).

I applied online through the link on the email (Just for note, their system kindly remind you to finish application if you leave in middle of applying),

I finished my online application involving technical supporting examples, IQ test, typing test, and voice audition.

Then, they called me to verify my relevant experience on my resume, and let me know they decided to do in-person interview next day.

I got to the place and told the front desk lady that I was for the interview, and she gave me technical questions to solve. It was testing for basic computer and networking knowledge. It had 10 questions about IP address, email client, how-tos, Active Directory, etc.

Then a manager came out and interviewed me asking, what do I know about the company.

Be sure to research the company beforehand, and prepare about two questions about the company because he will ask you if you have any question.

Also, he asked me technical questions about Exchange and Outlook which I didn't really expected.

After the interview, the manager guided me to the front door.

Manager and front office lady were nice, but atmosphere was not so much of energetic. I was kind of intimidated as I was entering the building because there's only little space in between the building entrance and office that you need ID to get in, and the security is always watching in the front.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question: If the customer calls you, and he say he do not receive email in Exchange, how would you troubleshoot this?   View Answer
    • Technical Question: If someone is having trouble because in Outlook when he creates one event, two duplicate calender event appear, what would you say?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in October 2012.

Quick interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harte Hanks in October 2012.

I was called mid-week after I applied for the position over the weekend. I spoke with the VP of CRM for about 20 minutes about my social abilities and the expectations of the project.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the salary and was advised the clients choose how much money Harte Hanks can offer employees.

Call Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Harte Hanks in November 2012.

Filled out a lengthy application and uploaded resume online. The last part of the application process was a questionnaire done by an automated system to which I had to call a number and they asked questions about a situation which might occur with a customer and how to handle the situation. I received a phone call from a recruiter within a day and had a phone interview. I had a one on one interview within the next two days and they offered me a position by the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • On the phone interview I was asked how I would handle a situation if I knew the customer was wrong.   Answer Question

They wanted me to start the following Monday and I was in the process of moving and had two children so it would have been impossible for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I received a quick phone call a day or two after submitting the application. I was not very clear on the salary available for the job. The hiring manager was very friendly and the interview was a breeze however I was not happy with the starting salary discussed in the interview.

Caller Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Harte Hanks in November 2008.

Easy, just show up clean shaved and cleanly dressed.

Teleservices Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in August 2012.

I found out about the position through a local job fair. I wasn't expecting to get a interview so quick but I did. It's good to make sure to remember who you spoke to so that you can use their name as a part of the interview process. It was helpful for me and I'm sure this advice will be helpful for others.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked anything difficult. Just the usual " Why do you want to work for this company?" "What are you expectation for the job/company?" Of course they wanted to know what where my strengths and weaknesses.

I was asked several times is this job was what I was looking for. I just assumed they keep asking me this question because of my educational background and how my they were offering to pay me.
        View Answer
    I was originally offered a contract position (Customer Service Rep) that would have only lasted for 4 months. But I made it known in the interview that I was looking for a job where I had the opportunity to grow in both my personal and professional life. I think because of this statement I was then offered (2 days later) a full-time permanent position (TeleServies Rep).

Worked for Harte Hanks? Contribute to the Community!