Harte Hanks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Harte Hanks in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took a while to get an interview. Once you get in the door the process goes quickly. They asked alot of personal questions before professional questions. Left me in interview several times to do other things

Interview Question – Do you date people at work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low ball, so stay stern on what you need

Contracts Attorney Interview

Contracts Attorney

Interviewed at Harte Hanks

Interview Details – As part of the Harte Hanks interview process, there are multiple phones screens with HR prior to meeting with the department. Once invited for an on-site interview, you meet with multiple department members as well as the HR representative. The entire interview process was rather quick.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was asking if I wanted to eventually be elevated to the roll of General Counsel.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harte Hanks in May 2011.

Interview Details – Called in to interview - initially met with Director one on one with typical Q and A session. Then directly after that met with 3 other peers to see how we fit together. Again, normal Q and A. Had to call to follow up after about 10 days and was put off for a while. Finally was called with offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Asked if I had ever written DP instructions. I had no idea what that even was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. It was a fair offer.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Yardley, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harte Hanks in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and one in person interview

Interview Question – Tell us your weaknesses   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Shawnee, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harte Hanks in August 2013.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume to a recruiter who contacted me and did a phone interview. I then did a 1-on-1 interview with a supervisor at the company. I was surprised that the interviewer did not know what hours or how many months I would be working, but I also did not realize at the time that the company does work for multiple clients.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work any given hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Advice to others is to understand that you must be flexible and willing to work any possible day of the week and any hours. The hours and days will not necessarily be the same from one week, or even day,.to the next.

Very Easy Interview

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Billerica, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview. Reviewing your experience and determining if there's a good match. Nothing tricky.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Social Media Support Agent Interview

Social Media Support Agent
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in May 2013.

Interview Details – Manager was very relaxed and upfront about the position. The workplace was casual and open. Heard other agents openly joking around and personal cell phones were out on the desks. Was waiting with other applicants applying for the same position but, the turn over rate is so high that they hire 4 people at a time.

Interview Question – No questions were too hard. These was the question: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harte Hanks in November 2011.

Interview Details – Slow and managers are often not experienced enough because they don't get paid well

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks,they offered a great salary then it was taken away as they said oops we never offer that much. Pooor manager training

Inbound Interview

Inbound

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks.

Interview Details – Interviewed immediately. Offered position immediately. Acted like I was the best thing since sliced bread. Although, I have great experience, it concerned me that they were so overly excited.

Reason for Declining – After more research, it is not a company that I would work for.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Harte Hanks.

Interview Details – The hiring process was 2-3 interviews with both Harte Hanks and folks from the account you will be working on. Everyone's experience will be different depending on the account you are interviewing for. My interviewers were pretty honest and straightforward. You get a tour around the sales floor to see what is going on in the various accounts. A lot of metrics and spiffs displayed.

Interview Question – Would you prefer inside or outside sales   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it.

Worked for Harte Hanks? Contribute to the Community!