Harte Hanks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.8

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Grueling writing tests all conducted via email overtook any formal interview process. Providing massive amounts of "free" copy with curt, illogical feedback that makes one wonder why big financial institutions are utilizing these so called skilled "marketing professionals." Found the entire process dehumanizing, manipulative, and a massive waste of time. The writing tests are poorly thought out and terribly communicated. Also, very disturbing how very little they know about mobile marketing. Also, begs the question is this a writing test or way to get free labor.

Vice President, Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Yardley, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with HR. Called in to meet with 5 different people. Then asked to prepare a detailed presentation to solve a client marketing issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have sold recently.   1 Answer

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The recruiter first reached me by email through job boarding site (monster.com). I applied online through the link on the email (Just for note, their system kindly remind you to finish application if you leave in middle of applying), I finished my online application involving technical supporting examples, IQ test, typing test, and voice audition. Then, they called me to verify my relevant experience on my resume, and let me know they decided to do in-person interview next day. I got to the place and told the front desk lady that I was for the interview, and she gave me technical questions to solve. It was testing for basic computer and networking knowledge. It had 10 questions about IP address, email client, how-tos, Active Directory, etc. Then a manager came out and interviewed me asking, what do I know about the company. Be sure to research the company beforehand, and prepare about two questions about the company because he will ask you if you have any question. Also, he asked me technical questions about Exchange and Outlook which I didn't really expected. After the interview, the manager guided me to the front door. Manager and front office lady were nice, but atmosphere was not so much of energetic. I was kind of intimidated as I was entering the building because there's only little space in between the building entrance and office that you need ID to get in, and the security is always watching in the front.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question: If the customer calls you, and he say he do not receive email in Exchange, how would you troubleshoot this?   1 Answer
    • Technical Question: If someone is having trouble because in Outlook when he creates one event, two duplicate calender event appear, what would you say?   1 Answer

Social Media Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a quick phone call a day or two after submitting the application. I was not very clear on the salary available for the job. The hiring manager was very friendly and the interview was a breeze however I was not happy with the starting salary discussed in the interview.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Shawnee, KS) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied over Craigslist, where I was directed to an online survey that took about an hour to complete. I was then contacted over the phone for a brief interview, then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two people, and that took about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Because it was a typing job, I was expected to know the names of shortcuts on a PC computer, then I was given a spelling test and a grammar test where I had to dissect two articles from popular magazines.   Answer Question

Fedex International Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Texarkana, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The process was great. I later found out I knew the hiring managers husband and didn't know it was her husband.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any. A job is about being willing to take on any challenge.   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Yardley, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had interviewed with this company three times previously. I sent my materials to HR for Freelance, but she hadn't forwarded them to the hiring manager (Chief Creative). SNAFU. I didn't get a call/email back. About a month previously, another hiring manager tasked me with a "simple" test. It was complex and it took hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Job #2: Show me your work.   1 Answer
    • Please create this "test" creative brief.   1 Answer

Client Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

General line of questioning on areas pertaining to the role. All interviews went well, then..............silence. Appears like they do not have the cultural capacity to let you know when they decide not to progress further.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Yardley, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was in a conference room and one by one, I sat down with various people (whom I assumed were part of the decision making process) and talked about my resume and portfolio. I didn't feel interrogated, but it was a bit daunting since I've never had anything beyond a 1:1 interview at this point. The whole session took two hours, and thankfully I had gotten adequate rest and ate a good-sized breakfast beforehand. The people I spoke with were friendly and they didn't seem out to get me or trip me up.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Meet with supervisor of one of the tech teams. He asked questions like why did you leave your last job and what would your past co-workers say about you. No real tech questions

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of a time where you had a conflict with a peer. How did you handle this situation?   1 Answer
    • Please give me some examples of how you have generated new business from a client.   1 Answer