Harte Hanks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Support Representative Interview

Tech Support Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in July 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter first reached me by email through job boarding site (monster.com).

I applied online through the link on the email (Just for note, their system kindly remind you to finish application if you leave in middle of applying),

I finished my online application involving technical supporting examples, IQ test, typing test, and voice audition.

Then, they called me to verify my relevant experience on my resume, and let me know they decided to do in-person interview next day.

I got to the place and told the front desk lady that I was for the interview, and she gave me technical questions to solve. It was testing for basic computer and networking knowledge. It had 10 questions about IP address, email client, how-tos, Active Directory, etc.

Then a manager came out and interviewed me asking, what do I know about the company.

Be sure to research the company beforehand, and prepare about two questions about the company because he will ask you if you have any question.

Also, he asked me technical questions about Exchange and Outlook which I didn't really expected.

After the interview, the manager guided me to the front door.

Manager and front office lady were nice, but atmosphere was not so much of energetic. I was kind of intimidated as I was entering the building because there's only little space in between the building entrance and office that you need ID to get in, and the security is always watching in the front.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question: If the customer calls you, and he say he do not receive email in Exchange, how would you troubleshoot this?   View Answer
  • Technical Question: If someone is having trouble because in Outlook when he creates one event, two duplicate calender event appear, what would you say?   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in October 2012.

Interview Details – Quick interview process.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Fedex International Customer Support Interview

Fedex International Customer Support
Texarkana, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process was great. I later found out I knew the hiring managers husband and didn't know it was her husband.

Interview Question – There wasn't any. A job is about being willing to take on any challenge.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Mission, KS

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Harte Hanks in November 2011.

Interview Details – Position was sourced through a temp agency and went to full time when you began to meet performance standards. If you made it thru the first round, you interviewed with senior supervisors from the phone room.

Interview Question – How did you handle a very displeased or angry customer.
We expect availability for any schedule and no part - time jobs in addition to this one.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very typical. Made sure you were availble when they needed you. Salary was not negotiated. take it or leave it.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harte Hanks in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was called mid-week after I applied for the position over the weekend. I spoke with the VP of CRM for about 20 minutes about my social abilities and the expectations of the project.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the salary and was advised the clients choose how much money Harte Hanks can offer employees.

Call Agent Interview

Call Agent
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Harte Hanks in November 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out a lengthy application and uploaded resume online. The last part of the application process was a questionnaire done by an automated system to which I had to call a number and they asked questions about a situation which might occur with a customer and how to handle the situation. I received a phone call from a recruiter within a day and had a phone interview. I had a one on one interview within the next two days and they offered me a position by the following Monday.

Interview Question – On the phone interview I was asked how I would handle a situation if I knew the customer was wrong.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They wanted me to start the following Monday and I was in the process of moving and had two children so it would have been impossible for me.

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Shawnee, KS

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied over Craigslist, where I was directed to an online survey that took about an hour to complete.
I was then contacted over the phone for a brief interview, then was asked to come in for a face to face interview.
I was interviewed by two people, and that took about twenty minutes.

Interview Question – Because it was a typing job, I was expected to know the names of shortcuts on a PC computer, then I was given a spelling test and a grammar test where I had to dissect two articles from popular magazines.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

Interview Details – I received a quick phone call a day or two after submitting the application. I was not very clear on the salary available for the job. The hiring manager was very friendly and the interview was a breeze however I was not happy with the starting salary discussed in the interview.

Interview Question – When have you used social media to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Caller Center Interview

Caller Center
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harte Hanks in November 2008.

Interview Details – Easy, just show up clean shaved and cleanly dressed.

Interview Question – Nothing serious was asked....   Answer Question

Teleservices Representative Interview

Teleservices Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harte Hanks in August 2012.

Interview Details – I found out about the position through a local job fair. I wasn't expecting to get a interview so quick but I did. It's good to make sure to remember who you spoke to so that you can use their name as a part of the interview process. It was helpful for me and I'm sure this advice will be helpful for others.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked anything difficult. Just the usual " Why do you want to work for this company?" "What are you expectation for the job/company?" Of course they wanted to know what where my strengths and weaknesses.

I was asked several times is this job was what I was looking for. I just assumed they keep asking me this question because of my educational background and how my they were offering to pay me.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was originally offered a contract position (Customer Service Rep) that would have only lasted for 4 months. But I made it known in the interview that I was looking for a job where I had the opportunity to grow in both my personal and professional life. I think because of this statement I was then offered (2 days later) a full-time permanent position (TeleServies Rep).