Harte Hanks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Shawnee, KS) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied over Craigslist, where I was directed to an online survey that took about an hour to complete.
    I was then contacted over the phone for a brief interview, then was asked to come in for a face to face interview.
    I was interviewed by two people, and that took about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Because it was a typing job, I was expected to know the names of shortcuts on a PC computer, then I was given a spelling test and a grammar test where I had to dissect two articles from popular magazines.   Answer Question

Fedex International Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Texarkana, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The process was great. I later found out I knew the hiring managers husband and didn't know it was her husband.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any. A job is about being willing to take on any challenge.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Yardley, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and one in person interview

salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Harte Hanks (Mission, KS) in November 2011.

Interview

Position was sourced through a temp agency and went to full time when you began to meet performance standards. If you made it thru the first round, you interviewed with senior supervisors from the phone room.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a very displeased or angry customer.
      We expect availability for any schedule and no part - time jobs in addition to this one.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Very typical. Made sure you were availble when they needed you. Salary was not negotiated. take it or leave it.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Slow and managers are often not experienced enough because they don't get paid well

Negotiation

2 weeks,they offered a great salary then it was taken away as they said oops we never offer that much. Pooor manager training

Childcare Resource Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied with a staffing agency and they set up the interview. I interviewed with the director of the department. She asked me the normal, where have you worked and why did you leave you last jobs. Then she had me sit with an agent on the floor for about 10-15 minutes to listen to the type of calls I would be taking. Afterwards she asked me if I thought I could do the job and she extended the job offer.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Yardley, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had interviewed with this company three times previously. I sent my materials to HR for Freelance, but she hadn't forwarded them to the hiring manager (Chief Creative). SNAFU. I didn't get a call/email back.

About a month previously, another hiring manager tasked me with a "simple" test. It was complex and it took hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Job #2: Show me your work.   1 Answer
    • Please create this "test" creative brief.   1 Answer

Email Production Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Yardley, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. I was then brought in to meet 1:1 with several different department members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I first received an offer that was below what they originally mentioned as a possible salary point. We went back and forth and I received three salary offers before accepting the third.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks in May 2011.

Interview

Called in to interview - initially met with Director one on one with typical Q and A session. Then directly after that met with 3 other peers to see how we fit together. Again, normal Q and A. Had to call to follow up after about 10 days and was put off for a while. Finally was called with offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had ever written DP instructions. I had no idea what that even was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. It was a fair offer.

Client Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

General line of questioning on areas pertaining to the role. All interviews went well, then..............silence. Appears like they do not have the cultural capacity to let you know when they decide not to progress further.