Harte Hanks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.2

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was 2-3 interviews with both Harte Hanks and folks from the account you will be working on. Everyone's experience will be different depending on the account you are interviewing for. My interviewers were pretty honest and straightforward. You get a tour around the sales floor to see what is going on in the various accounts. A lot of metrics and spiffs displayed.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer inside or outside sales   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Shawnee, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

I emailed my resume to a recruiter who contacted me and did a phone interview. I then did a 1-on-1 interview with a supervisor at the company. I was surprised that the interviewer did not know what hours or how many months I would be working, but I also did not realize at the time that the company does work for multiple clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Advice to others is to understand that you must be flexible and willing to work any possible day of the week and any hours. The hours and days will not necessarily be the same from one week, or even day,.to the next.

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The recruiter first reached me by email through job boarding site (monster.com). I applied online through the link on the email (Just for note, their system kindly remind you to finish application if you leave in middle of applying), I finished my online application involving technical supporting examples, IQ test, typing test, and voice audition. Then, they called me to verify my relevant experience on my resume, and let me know they decided to do in-person interview next day. I got to the place and told the front desk lady that I was for the interview, and she gave me technical questions to solve. It was testing for basic computer and networking knowledge. It had 10 questions about IP address, email client, how-tos, Active Directory, etc. Then a manager came out and interviewed me asking, what do I know about the company. Be sure to research the company beforehand, and prepare about two questions about the company because he will ask you if you have any question. Also, he asked me technical questions about Exchange and Outlook which I didn't really expected. After the interview, the manager guided me to the front door. Manager and front office lady were nice, but atmosphere was not so much of energetic. I was kind of intimidated as I was entering the building because there's only little space in between the building entrance and office that you need ID to get in, and the security is always watching in the front.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question: If the customer calls you, and he say he do not receive email in Exchange, how would you troubleshoot this?   1 Answer
    • Technical Question: If someone is having trouble because in Outlook when he creates one event, two duplicate calender event appear, what would you say?   1 Answer

Bilingual Licensed Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Texarkana, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two people (Manager and Supervisor). Easy interview. They gave me plenty of information about duties for this particular account because it was customer service for senior population from another part of the country (north).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Manager was very relaxed and upfront about the position. The workplace was casual and open. Heard other agents openly joking around and personal cell phones were out on the desks. Was waiting with other applicants applying for the same position but, the turn over rate is so high that they hire 4 people at a time.

Interview Questions

• No questions were too hard. These was the question: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Billerica, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Typical interview. Reviewing your experience and determining if there's a good match. Nothing tricky.

Call Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Filled out a lengthy application and uploaded resume online. The last part of the application process was a questionnaire done by an automated system to which I had to call a number and they asked questions about a situation which might occur with a customer and how to handle the situation. I received a phone call from a recruiter within a day and had a phone interview. I had a one on one interview within the next two days and they offered me a position by the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• On the phone interview I was asked how I would handle a situation if I knew the customer was wrong.   Answer Question

They wanted me to start the following Monday and I was in the process of moving and had two children so it would have been impossible for me.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a quick phone call a day or two after submitting the application. I was not very clear on the salary available for the job. The hiring manager was very friendly and the interview was a breeze however I was not happy with the starting salary discussed in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was called mid-week after I applied for the position over the weekend. I spoke with the VP of CRM for about 20 minutes about my social abilities and the expectations of the project.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on the salary and was advised the clients choose how much money Harte Hanks can offer employees.

Application

Interview

Quick interview process.