Hartford Life Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Premium Auditor/Trainee Interview

Premium Auditor/Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email immediately after to take an assessment test online. After completing the assessment, the next day I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was ok, it was very hard to hear the recruiter on the other end, I constantly had to ask her to please repeat questions. To my surprise I received another phone call the next day after the interview to set up a panel Inteview. The panel interview was scheduled to be at the home office , and it was such a positive experience. The recruiters were pleasant and overall really great individuals, fun and upbeat.

Interview Question – Name a time you were confronted by a difficult customer, how did you resolve that matter?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Auditor Interview

Auditor

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance.

Interview Details – Sent in resume. Had a phone interview with HR. They sent a link to take on line tests. They said they would be in touch to schedule an in person interview with a department head. Then it took months to set up an interview.

Interview Question – The interview did not include very many technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary not in line with competitors

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance in June 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR after I submitted my resume online for a phone screen. An in-person interview was schedule to come visit the office to meet with managers and team members. Overall, a great experience - the interview was not too intense as it was mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – How many customers can your favorite restaurant fit on a busy Saturday night?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job was not what I expect it to be based on the job description.

Actuarial Internship Interview

Actuarial Internship
Hartford, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance in December 2009.

Interview Details – It consisted with two types of questions - standard & technical.
Standard questions based on resume were relatively easy, but technical questions about relationship between current economy and insurance company was hard.

Interview Question – Have you followed the company's website?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Farmington, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance in December 2009.

Interview Details – You are taken into a room full of computers with other people. They tell you about the company and jobs avaialable that are similar. You take a test that took around 30-45 minutes. and then you turn in a resume. You then wait to hear back for aone on one interview.

Interview Question – Which position you are applying for? The group of people are not all there for the same post.   Answer Question

Complex Claims Interview

Complex Claims

I applied online and interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance.

Interview Details – Standard Interview with typical behavioral interview questions asked.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance in March 2009.

Interview Details – The initial recruiter after promising to get back on office visit details never called or emailed again!!!

Interview Question – How many people did your employer lay off?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Claims

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hartford Life Insurance in November 2008.

Interview Details – This company asked a lot of situational questions. Specifically, they asked me to describe a situation where I had to deliver bad news and how it went, etc. They wants specific examples of times you went through a specific situation. They didn't have any wild card questions, but I could tell it was important to ask a question when they asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Question – Please describe a situation where you were unable to comply with a customer's request, how you responded and how the conversation ended.   Answer Question

Worked for Hartford Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!