Hartmann

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Rock Hill, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hartmann in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was a very good experience for me even though I did not get the job. I first had an interview at the college I attended. It was with the VP of Marketing and a Brand Manager, and it was a great interview, very unconventional more like a conversation than an interview. The VP gave me some hard questions though, but it was like there was no bad answer; he just wanted to see how you responded. I got a call back and they requested me to come to the corporate office in Rock Hill, SC to meet with different members of the marketing team. I met with maybe seven people including the two I already met with, and it was a lot like the first interview. I would meet with them one on one and they would talk about their role at Hartmann, and explain to me what my role would be. Everyone was real nice it was almost to good to be true, and I was so glad to have the opportunity. The third interview was more like an assignment, I was asked to ride along with one of their Sales Reps for a day, and look for ways where the marketing team could help the Sales Reps. I wrote a small report with like four recommendations and sent it to the VP and a few other people I had met with at the company. They were impressed with me so far and I was hearing a lot of good things, so the VP set me up with an interview with the CEO. I was nervous to say the least, but the experiences I had up to this point were so positive that it made me pretty confident. However, this interview was totally different, it was a lot more conventional. The questions were harder and I just couldn't connect with this guy like I did with the people I met with before. I had mixed feelings but stayed positive throughout the weekend till I got an email on Monday morning from the VP that simply said, "Please give me a call me this afternoon". This was pure torture, the hole day I was contemplating the outcome of this conversation. The conversation was brief, he basically told me that my interview with the CEO did not go well and I did not get the job. I was devastated to say the least, but I learned a valuable lesson no matter what you hear from all the people you meet with during the interview process the decision usually comes down to the decision maker, and he is god. Haha, all in all it was a good experience I learned a lot.

Interview Question – Use your marketing knowledge to market this (metal paper binder) to me.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Marketing Communications Specialist
Rock Hill, SC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hartmann in July 2010.

Interview Details – very in-depth

Interview Questions

Intern Marketing Interview

Intern Marketing

Interviewed at Hartmann

Interview Details – 1,20 min interview. I was asked about my CV, typical questions as strengths & weaknesses, leadership situation to describe, what my friends would tell about me, why marketing, what does a position in marketing imply...

Interview Question – Repetitive questions to check coherence.   Answer Question

Worked for Hartmann? Contribute to the Community!