Harvard Pilgrim Interview Questions

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

submitted resume, received phone call by department supervisor,I was offered interview the next day, 2 days I received call from my supervisor who offered me thr position w/ job offer

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Quincy, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and that night received an email asking to schedule a phone interview; we set up an interview for the next day. The phone interview went over the position and the starting salary and I was asked about 3 questions including why I was interested in the position. The phone interview was a basic screening the woman was extremely kind and welcoming. At the end of the call she offered an in person interview we scheduled for 2 days later. Anything that could have went wrong that day did! My car wouldn't start! Ultimately I ended up being an hour late to the interview and couldn't get in contact with whom I would be interviewing with so I called around in hopes of the information traveling to the correct person. I arrived and everyone was so understanding of the situation but I still felt as though this was just too unprofessional and I was going to be black listed. I was interviewed by two women at the same time both very kind and understanding they asked basic situational and behavioral questions such as "Explain a time you had to say no to a customer or wasn't able to give them the answer they wanted to hear?" "What does "follow through" me to you?" The interviewers and myself shared a few laughs they were so personable and truly a pleasure to be interviewed by! The next step was to go into another room and type on a computer why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Then that is it; she walked me out showed me a few places in the building along the way and met with her next candidate. An hour later I received a call from the woman who had interviewed me via phone to ask how my interview went; I explained to her that I felt it went very well however I was soooooo late! She spoke with me about her experiences being late we joked around and then she told me well you much have did great because I was told to call over and extend an offer to you! I was so shocked and extremely happy! The overall process was exactly how it should be! Not intimidating to make you feel uncomfortable but down to earth and truly look for the best candidates for the job! You can tell that they want great candidates and they want you to feel comfortable so that they can decipher who is fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time you had to say no to a customer or wasn't able to give them the answer they wanted to hear?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; there is a starting salary I am not sure how often the pay increases but I feel I was compensated as I would like any company to based on my experience. They do not take advantage of their employee's they pay you well for what you are expected to do!

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic and everyone was extremely welcoming.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim in June 2013.

Interview

spoke with a recruiter who was very friendly and precise with the description of the position. She definitely made me feel comfortable immediately.

Interview Questions

• there were no questions that i felt i couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter and had two phone interviews (one with HR one with an actuarial supervisor) before interviewing with several managers onsite. Mostly basic behavioral and resume questions. Ended with a quick excel test.

Interview Questions

• Manipulate some data in excel and give a brief explanation as to what it means.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

Applied online, initial phone screen, on-site interviews. Met with several managers of the actuarial department, ran through basic resume question and general behavioral questions, did an quiz on Excel.

Registration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Chelmsford, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Met with a very pleasant female manager of the department. We both agreed that customer service is the most important part of this type of job. I only just interviewed so I haven't heard back yet. The manager was very nice and the office was a floor of individual cubicles.

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookline, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Brookline, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Was referred by a former colleague and received an invitation to interview within a few days of submitting my resume. Met with an HR generalist and was referred to the hiring manager and interviewed again a few days afterwards. Interview with the hiring manager lasted 90 minutes, and within days, I was asked to meet with her boss. Offer arrived a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• The interview with the hiring manager was one of the best interviews I have ever been. The hardest question she asked me was how I would manage a conflict concerning a work project between me and a fellow colleague.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate the proposed salary. It was slightly lower than what I was making at my previous employer, but the vacation benefits and lower cost of health insurance made up the difference.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

Extremely protracted Had three interviews with different people I felt I did the interviewing and not them

Interview Questions

• There is no room for promotion in this position. Are you still interested?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made it clear that there was absolutely no room for negotiation nor promotion.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Boston, MA) in December 2008.

Interview

very data modelling oriented