Harvard Pilgrim

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Member Services Associate Interview

Quincy, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and that night received an email asking to schedule a phone interview; we set up an interview for the next day. The phone interview went over the position and the starting salary and I was asked about 3 questions including why I was interested in the position. The phone interview was a basic screening the woman was extremely kind and welcoming. At the end of the call she offered an in person interview we scheduled for 2 days later.
Anything that could have went wrong that day did! My car wouldn't start! Ultimately I ended up being an hour late to the interview and couldn't get in contact with whom I would be interviewing with so I called around in hopes of the information traveling to the correct person.
I arrived and everyone was so understanding of the situation but I still felt as though this was just too unprofessional and I was going to be black listed. I was interviewed by two women at the same time both very kind and understanding they asked basic situational and behavioral questions such as "Explain a time you had to say no to a customer or wasn't able to give them the answer they wanted to hear?" "What does "follow through" me to you?" The interviewers and myself shared a few laughs they were so personable and truly a pleasure to be interviewed by! The next step was to go into another room and type on a computer why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Then that is it; she walked me out showed me a few places in the building along the way and met with her next candidate.

An hour later I received a call from the woman who had interviewed me via phone to ask how my interview went; I explained to her that I felt it went very well however I was soooooo late! She spoke with me about her experiences being late we joked around and then she told me well you much have did great because I was told to call over and extend an offer to you! I was so shocked and extremely happy!

The overall process was exactly how it should be! Not intimidating to make you feel uncomfortable but down to earth and truly look for the best candidates for the job! You can tell that they want great candidates and they want you to feel comfortable so that they can decipher who is fit for the job.

Interview Question – "Explain a time you had to say no to a customer or wasn't able to give them the answer they wanted to hear?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; there is a starting salary I am not sure how often the pay increases but I feel I was compensated as I would like any company to based on my experience. They do not take advantage of their employee's they pay you well for what you are expected to do!

Member Services Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty basic and everyone was extremely welcoming.

Interview Question – Your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Office Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim in June 2013.

Interview Details – spoke with a recruiter who was very friendly and precise with the description of the position. She definitely made me feel comfortable immediately.

Interview Question – there were no questions that i felt i couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter and had two phone interviews (one with HR one with an actuarial supervisor) before interviewing with several managers onsite. Mostly basic behavioral and resume questions. Ended with a quick excel test.

Interview Question – Manipulate some data in excel and give a brief explanation as to what it means.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Wellesley, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim.

Interview Details – Applied online, initial phone screen, on-site interviews.

Met with several managers of the actuarial department, ran through basic resume question and general behavioral questions, did an quiz on Excel.

Interview Question – Expect a quiz of your excel knowledge.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Wellesley, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim in April 2009.

Interview Details – Extremely protracted
Had three interviews with different people
I felt I did the interviewing and not them

Interview Question – There is no room for promotion in this position. Are you still interested?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made it clear that there was absolutely no room for negotiation nor promotion.

Very Easy Interview

Registration Interview

Chelmsford, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim in May 2010.

Interview Details – Met with a very pleasant female manager of the department. We both agreed that customer service is the most important part of this type of job. I only just interviewed so I haven't heard back yet. The manager was very nice and the office was a floor of individual cubicles.

Data Analyst Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim in December 2008.

Interview Details – very data modelling oriented

Interview Questions

Training Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim.

Interview Details – Interview process was a behavioral interview

Interview Question – What do you do for fun. Kind of caught me off guard   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harvard Pilgrim? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harvard Pilgrim interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harvard Pilgrim employees and interview candidates.