Harvard Risk Management Interview Questions & Reviews

1.6

Virtual Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harvard Risk Management in January 2014.

As others have stated, I responded to a Craigslist ad, which asked for the information stated several times below. What's different for me is that, while I didn't like that it was a canned call, not a real conference call, I could tell this was a prefect opportunity for me and signed up. By the way, who doesn't need identity theft protection these days?! My rate is $29.90/mo. for both LegalShield and Kroll Fraud Protection (the identity theft part). And who doesn't like residual income? This position takes less than an hour a day. It's nice extra income. And, again, I didn't mind buying the product because it could come in handy.

Virtual Recruiter WFH Interview

They wanted to schedule me for an interview, and then thankfully I read the numerous bad experiences on Glassdoor. Thank you glassdoor.com for helping me avoid wasting anymore time with this true scam.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harvard Risk Management.

I was sent an email about the position and responded to it. Someone called me to set up a phone interview and called me at the exact time they said they would. The phone interview took about 20 minutes and they did offer me the position. I signed on as an agent that same day.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I thought my biggest fault was and what I do to work on it.   View Answer

Virtual Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Harvard Risk Management.

Responded to a craigslist ad. It had me fill out a few questions, sent me an e-mail the next day saying based on my responds to the questions and my resume they want to interview me. Had me call into the Conference Line it was record call, wow is all

Interview Questions
    • None they dont even talk to you. Its all a recording than they tell you to sign up for their life shield plan "because as a recruiter the sales reps are going to ask if you have it" Really?   View Answer

I did reviews and the sales rep you sign have to pay all these start up cost so its pretty much like your the sales rep yourself

Entry Level Part Time Virtual Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I answered an ad on Craigslist for this position in January, 2014, sent in my resume, then received the following email from one of their recruiters:

"We are experiencing a high volume of emails and resumes regarding our openings so I'd like to ask you a few questions to prioritize who to speak with first.

1. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being VERY COMFORTABLE), how comfortable would you be with conducting 1 on 1 interviews with job candidates over the telephone?

2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your overall verbal speaking skills?

3. If both parties were interested in moving forward, how soon would you be looking to get started?

4. Do you have high speed internet and long distance telephone service?

Thanks again for your interest and I look forward to speaking soon."

I answered the questions, then received another email back the next day with an invitation to attend a conference call with a manager. I was given the choice of two different times, and opted for the 5 p.m. time slot that same day. At 4:55 I called the number given to me and at 5:00 the presenter came on to the line and said that the callers would be muted and then introduced himself. At this point I still thought it was a live call, but I quickly realized it was a recording. I decided to listen anyway and was still interested enough at the end to continue with the process. During the call the monthly purchase of the LegalShield plan (at $35.99 per month) was strongly encouraged and an additional commission incentive was offered for those who did so (the guy said it was not required, but it was clear to me that it really was). Since the manager claimed that the sales agents we would be recruiting are 3 times more likely to sign on if their recruiter had the LegalShield plan, I decided to go ahead with it. I notified the recruiter that I was still interested and filled out the paperwork to sign up, but then started having second thoughts after doing some research on the LegalShield service (yes, I know I should have researched it before signing up!). I notified the recruiter the next day that I changed my mind about obligating myself to pay that monthly charge and told her I realized this would probably disqualify me from the recruiting position. She didn't disagree about the disqualification part, and wanted to know why I had a change of heart. I explained that I really didn't need a legal services plan, thanked her for her time, and that was the last communication we had. It's unfortunate because I really would have liked to explore this position further without having to pay $35.99 per month to do so.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but be prepared to decide if you're willing to purchase something you may not want or need in order to obtain the position.   Answer Question

I didn't want to purchase the LegalShield plan.

Part Time Virtual Recruiting Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harvard Risk Management in March 2014.

I corresponded by email with one of the Senior Recruiters which arranged an "interview"by phone the following afternoon. I called in to find out it was no interview but a recording. I was informed it would be roughly 30 minutes. It was over 45 minutes. Within 15 minutes into the recording,the sales pitch started about legal services. 20 minutes of this recording is a sales pitch for the legal services that will cost the potential applicant $30.00. If you did not purchase this service you are "may"not be a fit for their company. I have sold products and have over 9 years experience in customer service in the high end luxury sector. I can sell a product without purchasing a service or product. And you have to purchase the legal plan upon hiring.They even offer a commission incentive of instead $100 the first person you recruit you receive $200.00. The recording also stated that if you don't have this legal service you may not be a good fit for the their company. I personally feel you shouldn't have to purchase a product or service to obtain a job. I accepted the job but declined the offer to purchase the legal services, as they instructed via email. I received a response stating that if they are interested in hiring me I will hear from them in 1-2 days. Since I decided not to purchase the plan I do not expect to hear from them. I really hope the call will not be charged to my phone account since it seemed like such a scam.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. The entire call was a recording.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Harvard Risk Management in March 2014.

Job posted on craigslist promises "Strong Weekly Pay" .Should say "strong potential income" because it is commission based.It is a 1099 independent contractor position. The "interview" is not really an interview it is more accurately a conference call carefully crafted ,one sided presentation. Multiple costs to you.

Interview Questions
    • There we're no questions it was a conference call about their opportunity.Don't study for this one.   View Answer

Couldn't afford all the costs to get started.

Entry Level Part Time Virtual Recruiting Assistant - Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oregon City, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Applied to an ad on Craiglist in March 2014. Received an email with the following questions, which I returned a reply with answers:

4. Do you have high speed internet and long distance telephone service?

Thanks again for your interest and I look forward to speaking soon.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I received were typical, pre interview type questions, as listed above. I am still in the beginning stages, so am interested in determining if this is a bonifide position, or if it is a position as is described in other posts on this site...where you must pay to play.   View Answers (2)

Recruiter Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Harvard Risk Management in December 2013.

The short story: This is a position that you have to pay for.

I was invited to apply by Harvard and did so on weekend before Xmas assuming I would be contacted after the holiday. I received an email while traveling asking me if I would be available to interview on that Monday. Unfortunately, I did not get the message until later that evening and missed the available interview slots. I responded by email apologizing for the delay explaining I was visiting with family for the holidays but I would be available Dec 26. I was scheduled for an interview with Mr. Fields but was told it was my responsibility to "call in". The "interview" was a conference call that was muted not allowing interaction. The position is commission based payments for recruits and pretty straight forward. They work similar to many other I-9 independent agencies paying for successful placements. The added bonus is that if the producer is successful, you receive override commissions based on the work they do even after you leave the company.

The down side of the conference call was a 'hard sell' to buy Legal Shield, which is an MLM type home business.

In the next steps you have to tell them you understand the position is commission based, I-9, and whether or not you will purchase the Legal Shield Plan at $40 a month.

I declined the Legal Shield plan because a family member works for the MLM and I support them (at a cheaper premium).

Although the company states the purchase is "not required", they said in follow up I was not committed to working with them based on the fact I would not cancel my existing coverage and sign up with their company.

Interview Questions
    • Will you purchase the Legal Shield Plan from Harvard?   View Answer

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harvard Risk Management in December 2013.

I replied to an ad on Craig's List for this position. I received a response that same day from a Senior Recruiter with the company. I had to answer some questions and was told how they had many applications they had to review. The next day, the same person contacted me saying that they would like to get me on with their managers for a "phone discussion". This suggests that the discussion would be between this person and myself. I was told the phone call would take about 30 mins. The phone call took 50 mins and it was only the manager giving the presentation who did all of the talking. In the course of the manager's one-sided "discussion", he proceeded to tell me that for this position, the company would like their employees to buy into Legal Shield which is one of the benefits they offer to businesses for their employees. This would cost $ 35.95 per month. The manager stated that this was optional. After completing the call (there was no option for discussion for asking questions at any point of the phone call), I contacted the original agent who had contacted me and let them know that I had listened to the call and was interested in the job, but did not want to purchase the Legal Shield. I did not receive a response from the agent for about 24 hours. And when the agent did respond, they said that I would either have to pay the $ 35.95 per month or
    $ 140.00 for the access plan. I immediately responded back stating that I was not interested in working for a company that forced their potential employees to buy a service they were not interested in.

Interview Questions
    • At the time of initial contact, I had to answer four questions and send back my answers to them. They were:

4. Do you have high speed internet and long distance telephone service?

Again, I was told what a high volume of calls they were receiving.
        Answer Question

Worked for Harvard Risk Management? Contribute to the Community!