Harvard University Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harvard University.

So I interviewed for 2 different Coordinator positions. I did not get the first one, but then I got the 2nd position years down the line. Be prepared to possibly be interviewed by people do not necessarily know how to interview. In order to try to see if someone is a good "fit" for the org, it is not uncommon to have the entire dept. in a meeting room with an applicant to just basically meet you and not even really engage/interact with you.

Interview Questions
  • Standard ones seem to apply, your greatest weakness, experiential ones.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harvard University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harvard University in November 2008.

Harvard is known for a lengthy interview process. If you make it past interview one, then you know you're probably in. They also do background searches so if you have a record, try someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember a really difficult question but I do know that the job I interviewed for is not the job I've been doing.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for a higher salary because they will start at the very bottom of the range.

Coordinator Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harvard University in January 2010.

I interviewed with 3 of the senior managers I would be working with, for half an hour each. They each asked different questions, but they were pretty basic. Nothing behavioral or anything. The actual HR person was incredibly useless and slow, I had to follow up several times.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was zilch! It's hard when the salary ranges are publicly posted on their Web site. I asked the HR person for the highest cap and she offered the minimum salary.