Harvard University

Harvard University Director Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Harvard University in June 2011.

The individuals I met with at Harvard were pleasant enough, and in fact asked good questions, were fair and made the interview mostly enjoyable, not that I was expecting that. I met with 3 individuals for approx. 30 min each. The last interviewer was the person I would work most closely with, if I were to be offered a position. It became clear, that though this was a new position, the 3rd interviewer was passing off all the activities she did not like to the new position. Though I was warned at the beginning of the 3rd interview that I would be given a "quiz" to test my accounting skills, I certainly wasn't looking forward to this and it affected the quality of my interview. So, at the end I was given the quiz which was supposed to take 10 min. It ended up taking more than 20 min. Here is my problem: I was interviewing for a Director of Finance position, that surely had some accounting skills related to it but were not referred to in the job description. In fact, I was surprised that Harvard had the gall to pull this shenanigan for a Director level position. Nonetheless, I bombed this "quiz" and wasn't offered a follow up interview. While, I would apply for future positions at Harvard, I am glad that this particular position didn't work out considering the quality of the interview at the end, and their "screening" process.

Other Interview Reviews for Harvard University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harvard University in January 2010.

Incredibly thorough process. I was the top candidate from the beginning, but they still called all four references and talked to them for an hour a piece, and gave me a two hour group interview. It wa a bit overwhelming, but it was definitely fair, given the rigor. I was not an inside candidate or connected to anyone at Harvard.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real unexpected questions. Just all of the standard ones, in my opinion.   Answer Question
    Cordial, Flexible. They gave me a 3k bonus to compensate for a lower salary than I was hoping for.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harvard University in March 2012.

ok