Harvard University

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harvard University in January 2010.

Interview Details – Incredibly thorough process. I was the top candidate from the beginning, but they still called all four references and talked to them for an hour a piece, and gave me a two hour group interview. It wa a bit overwhelming, but it was definitely fair, given the rigor. I was not an inside candidate or connected to anyone at Harvard.

Interview Question – There were no real unexpected questions. Just all of the standard ones, in my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cordial, Flexible. They gave me a 3k bonus to compensate for a lower salary than I was hoping for.

Very Difficult Interview

Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Harvard University in June 2011.

Interview Details – The individuals I met with at Harvard were pleasant enough, and in fact asked good questions, were fair and made the interview mostly enjoyable, not that I was expecting that. I met with 3 individuals for approx. 30 min each. The last interviewer was the person I would work most closely with, if I were to be offered a position. It became clear, that though this was a new position, the 3rd interviewer was passing off all the activities she did not like to the new position. Though I was warned at the beginning of the 3rd interview that I would be given a "quiz" to test my accounting skills, I certainly wasn't looking forward to this and it affected the quality of my interview. So, at the end I was given the quiz which was supposed to take 10 min. It ended up taking more than 20 min. Here is my problem: I was interviewing for a Director of Finance position, that surely had some accounting skills related to it but were not referred to in the job description. In fact, I was surprised that Harvard had the gall to pull this shenanigan for a Director level position. Nonetheless, I bombed this "quiz" and wasn't offered a follow up interview. While, I would apply for future positions at Harvard, I am glad that this particular position didn't work out considering the quality of the interview at the end, and their "screening" process.

Director

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Harvard University in March 2012.

Interview Details – ok

Interview Questions

Worked for Harvard University? Contribute to the Community!