Harvard University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harvard University in April 2008.

Interview Details – I had a total of 4 interviews- one with HR, one with 2 hiring managers, one with the director, and finally, a group interview with the team I'd be working with. The interview process was grueling but very positive. It took a total of 2 months from the first interview to the last one and being offererd the position.

Interview Question – I had the basic interview questions. The interviews were pretty long, between and hour and hour and a half for each interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was offered much more than the minimum I would have settled for. I would advise that one does their homework and know beforehand what the average salary is for the job you're interviewing for.

I was lucky in that I was offered $10,000 MORE per year than the starting salary would be for the SAME EXACT job with my former employer. And I know this because in my old position, I had regular access to what everyone made in my department.

Worked for Harvard University? Contribute to the Community!