Harvard University

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Harvard University in September 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a recruiter to discuss the RA position and long term career interests as well as my areas of interest. This was followed with a skills test which consisted of being given pieces of material (i.e., press releases, news articles, etc.) and then being asked to write specific sections of a hypothetical business case. A few days later I heard back from the recruiter indicated that everything went very well, and that I would hear from him if an RA positions in my area became available. I heard back from him twice with different opportunities to come in for interviews with the faculty members with which I would be working.

I think the recruiters at HBS do their best to match the right RA with the right Faculty member. They take the matching process very seriously and it seems to work based on my conversations with other RAs.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was actually the skills test. It was time consuming and required incredible focus, but was also kind of fun too (in a very dorky sort of way).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another job offer from a different organization.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Harvard University in November 2009.

Interview Details – There was one position available and had the impression it had already been earmarked. Took months to respond to me before and after interview.

Interview Questions

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harvard University in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied by email in November 2008, was phone interviewed by PI in February 2009 for 90 minutes. Mainly informal discussion about job responsibilities and general questions about my research. Some questions about related research done by others to check that I followed the current research. Also a few hypothetical questions about what I would want (or be able) to do if hired.

Interview Question – What kind of research project do you think is feasible to accomplish within a year of you being hired?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harvard University

Worked for Harvard University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harvard University Research Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harvard University employees and interview candidates.