Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Somerville, MA).

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Not cut throat or intimidating. They had me meet with operations manager, nursing supervisor, and medical director. Meeting the doctor was unexpected but went well and they were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Furutre career plans. This can be tough if you aren't sure   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to Negotiate with MNA. Pay is calculated based on experience.

Clinician Interview

Interview

Friendly, not too detailed, not too demanding. If you are breathing, ambulating, have a degree, can speak in full sentences and mor or less grammatically correct - you are in.

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a Harvard Vanguard Recruiter out of their Newton Office and spoke with her twice. She connected me to the Lab Manager who I met with once and then interviewed with the new Radiology Manager a week later. Was contacted one week later with the job offer. Turned down first offer and got second offer. Had to wait almost a month to start.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. New Radiology Supervisor felt it necessary to tell me about all his dead sisters, his dead male lover and how there would never be another. How wonderful his whole family is. Asked very little about me. Should have been my clue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted $18, they said they could only do $17 I said let's meet in the middle at $17.50 which was approved only to find out other's in the same position started at $18 so they lied about how high they could go.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview a couple of weeks after sending my application in, was then asked for an in person interview 2 days later. And 2 days after that, offered a job position. I was interviewed by 2 supervisors for the in person interview and it lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, pretty standard in terms of as interviews go... was asked what I would do about an unruly or difficult patient, and since I had only worked in customer service had to adapt my answer to relate to a patient rather than customer or client.   1 Answer

Business Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Quincy, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

The process seems flawless at the beginning. First I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I two weeks later, I meet with the hiring manager and the team for another round of interviews. Then I follow up with the hiring manager in two weeks asking for the status of my candidacy and did not receive a reply or a phone call. Fast forward three months later and I still have not heard from the company. What is most perplexing is that I was referred to the hiring manager by one of his team members.

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Needham, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview was simple, general questions and then a interview with HR, nothing to hard..they asked guestions based on experience level etc. this interview was simple and straight foward. the supervisor was very polite and sweet.

Negotiation

easy

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Boston, MA) in July 2009.

Interview

Basic 1:1 interview with nurse.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience related to this project.   Answer Question
    • Describe your comfort level working with this patient population.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Quincy, MA) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview was very convenient at 7:30AM prior to me going into work. Supervisor was very detailed and I particularly enjoyed her showing me around the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation

Medical Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Boston, MA) in September 2007.

Interview

Excellent, professional. Met with multiple people throughout the organization, including other physicians, support staff, administration. Gave me a good feel for the company and work environment. Good exposure to many levels of the company. Both physician and support staff were very positive, overall a much better feel than many competing practices.

Interview Questions

• This is an expensive city -do you really see yourself staying here for a long period of time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal. Was basically presented with specialty-wide compensation plan with two year guarantee. No real negotiations.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I interviewed 5 + years ago and I know it has changed b/c management has changed. I know once you submit a resume if you are qualified you will get a call for 1 interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. I was quite happy with what was offered to me and I took it