Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Somerville, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. Not cut throat or intimidating. They had me meet with operations manager, nursing supervisor, and medical director. Meeting the doctor was unexpected but went well and they were friendly.

Interview Question – Furutre career plans. This can be tough if you aren't sure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to Negotiate with MNA. Pay is calculated based on experience.

Medical Secretary Interview

Medical Secretary

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a Harvard Vanguard Recruiter out of their Newton Office and spoke with her twice. She connected me to the Lab Manager who I met with once and then interviewed with the new Radiology Manager a week later. Was contacted one week later with the job offer. Turned down first offer and got second offer. Had to wait almost a month to start.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. New Radiology Supervisor felt it necessary to tell me about all his dead sisters, his dead male lover and how there would never be another. How wonderful his whole family is. Asked very little about me. Should have been my clue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted $18, they said they could only do $17 I said let's meet in the middle at $17.50 which was approved only to find out other's in the same position started at $18 so they lied about how high they could go.

Clinician Interview

Clinician

Interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Interview Details – Friendly, not too detailed, not too demanding. If you are breathing, ambulating, have a degree, can speak in full sentences and mor or less grammatically correct - you are in.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in July 2009.

Interview Details – Basic 1:1 interview with nurse.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst IV Interview

Business Analyst IV
Quincy, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process seems flawless at the beginning. First I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I two weeks later, I meet with the hiring manager and the team for another round of interviews. Then I follow up with the hiring manager in two weeks asking for the status of my candidacy and did not receive a reply or a phone call. Fast forward three months later and I still have not heard from the company. What is most perplexing is that I was referred to the hiring manager by one of his team members.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant
Quincy, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was very convenient at 7:30AM prior to me going into work. Supervisor was very detailed and I particularly enjoyed her showing me around the department.

Interview Question – Give me the most difficult decision you had to make.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

Medical Professional Interview

Medical Professional
Boston, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in September 2007.

Interview Details – Excellent, professional. Met with multiple people throughout the organization, including other physicians, support staff, administration. Gave me a good feel for the company and work environment. Good exposure to many levels of the company. Both physician and support staff were very positive, overall a much better feel than many competing practices.

Interview Question – This is an expensive city -do you really see yourself staying here for a long period of time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal. Was basically presented with specialty-wide compensation plan with two year guarantee. No real negotiations.

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy. I interviewed 5 + years ago and I know it has changed b/c management has changed. I know once you submit a resume if you are qualified you will get a call for 1 interview.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one. I was quite happy with what was offered to me and I took it

Worked for Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates? Contribute to the Community!