Harvey Nash Group Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harvey Nash Group in May 2011.

Initial communications with company were via a rec to rec agency. Received feedback from rec agency that they were reviewing CV. Then told I had an interview date and time. Harvey Nash sent details through via rec agency. They gave me details of format of interview, scenarios etc. Organisation seemed very precise and detailed. Expected more people at interview as it involved 1:1 interview, group discussion and questions.

Met Director of Talent on arrival to interview. Very welcoming and put me at ease. Asked questions to all candidates and presided in small talk. Reception were also friendly, I noticed how they engaged with clients who were waiting to be seen. At first interview, there were two people present. Director of Talent and a manager. Very friendly but formal. Seemed to have researched candidates as they had our CV's. Also listened and took notes throughout interview process.

From discussions and questions the company held itself out as young, dynamic and hardworking. Also innovative and very interested in technology. Made it clear job was a sales role, and targets were expected to be hit. Gave good initial feedback on role plays, particularly cold calling and CV presentation. Also very informative about second stage interview.

Unfortunately the second interview was poorly managed and prepared. Was meant to see two people but one person turned up, and then said second couldn't see me. First - told they were in a meeting, then told the second couldn't see me as there was a potential conflict. Very weak as the conflict was minimal - knowledge of someone in my social circle. Also my rec to rec agent and myself were not informed of this beforehand, and basis of second interview was that first interviewer was to ask me questions etc and form his view, and then second interviewer would do same.

Interviewer didn't have knowledge of my CV, and abrasive in attitude. OK to ask reservations but did not give chance for me to express my strengths. Also closed his interview without giving me the chance to ask questions. Had to cajole next stage of process from him as I was been shown the door.

Interview Questions
    • How much were you earning in your jobs over the last three years?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harvey Nash Group

Worked for Harvey Nash Group? Contribute to the Community!