Harvey Nichols Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harvey Nichols

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Screening session followed by an Assessment Centre and a final interview with the floor manager. The assessment centre is will several people (around 10 no more but sometimes less) with a 30 seconds sale presentation (solo) and a group presentation (4-5 people) where your capacity to explain your ideas/lead/... are being assessed.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knightsbridge, England (UK)

Interview

Went on the Harvey nics website applied for sales consultant role! Got a call back from HR. Was given a mini telephone interview asked about previous experiences, what is excellent customer service to me, about the role. Passed telephone interview was booked in for one on one with department manager. Attended interview one week later which was actually with two people. A little intimidating but still tried my best at answering all questions. After a 45 minute interview I left. Got a call back 3 weeks later by HR saying I received the job.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your precious roles, when you had a difficult customer and what did you do to help, when you have given excellent service, what would you do if it was extremely busy and there wasn't enough staff.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was pleasant and didn't take too long. I was interviewed by 2 people who asked competency as well as background question. I felt pretty relaxed and welcome (as the interview wasn't too stressful). They were good at dealing with a stressed interviewee as well as the questions they had to ask.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really have to negotiate. Everything was straight forward.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took around 3 days. I received a phone call from some one at HR and she asked me if I was still interested in the position and then proceeded to ask me questions on my previous work experience and what tasks I completed. She then invited me in for a one on one interview the following day. I was then asked some normal questions related to retail and then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

I do not remember even applying, but I got a phonecall from the HR department asking me if I would still like a job. I was then invited for a face to face interview the same day. I was told I got the job straight away and started the following day.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions as I know about Harvey Nichols. They did ask what my favourite line (they carry) was   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as I knew they paid well. Above average for any sales assistant but just under the London living wage.

Brand Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I had one interview. It was quite straight forward and related a lot to fashion and management.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage to sell on the floor and manage a brand at the same time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the salary up from 18.5k to 20k with one phone all to HR.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simplistic. Basic invite to send in a C.V. then an invite to first stage interview in the store with the H.R. Manager and one other. Second stage to include a training presentation.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols in June 2009.

Interview

Was all very quick, handed in an application, got a call asking for me to come in for an interview which was with the department manager, asked me lots of basic questions like why i would like to work their, what is my percieved image of HN, what do i see as good customer service etc, got a call back a few days later for another interview which was with the store manager, similiar question. Then once again a few days later got a phone call offering me the job.