Harvey Norman Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harvey Norman Holdings

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very casual and insightful. I got a feel for what the job would entail. The store owner was very down to earth and easy to talk to. I also got a day trial where I was watched by the owner to see how I work. As long as you are confident and not afraid to approach customers, you have a good shot.

Sales Person In Computers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Gate (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Fountain Gate (Australia)) in February 2011.

Interview

Very traditional process. Best to walk in and speak to a manager. Dress well (suit) and bring a resume.

The interview is very much sales orientated. They want to know if you can hit the numbers, especially Flexirent. Research Flexirent before you apply - know the benefits and show willingness to push it. Other products that are important are the add- ons like product care (replacement guarantee), Internet security and surge protection.

As a sales person you will also be doing stock takes, merchandising and bringing stock from the back, which means they want to know if you are willing to help out maintaining the store. Your hours need to be flexible too.

Each store will have a different proprietor with an individual style and hence the interview will have a different feel with each place. The fundamentals remain the same though. Ultimately they want profit.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions were ever asked. They just need to see your enthusiasm and willingness to get out on the floor and smash it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is largely fixed especially for part timers.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chadstone (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Chadstone (Australia)) in January 2011.

Interview

Meeting with franchisee and the 2IC or PA.

Negotiation

I'd like to give you this role.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingaroy (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Kingaroy (Australia)) in February 2009.

Interview

hiring process consists of online application, then return email, then phonecall. after the phonecall there was an interview date set. the interview took place in the boss his office and i had to do a presentation. i had to describe a product to sell to him and answer all the standard jargon

Interview Questions

• can you pretend to sell me this screw and how would you convince me to buy this dearer one over the cheaper one   Answer Question