Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Harvey Norman HoldingsMore
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Chadstone (Australia)) in January 2011.
Meeting with franchisee and the 2IC or PA.
I'd like to give you this role.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Fountain Gate (Australia)) in February 2011.
Very traditional process. Best to walk in and speak to a manager. Dress well (suit) and bring a resume.
The interview is very much sales orientated. They want to know if you can hit the numbers, especially Flexirent. Research Flexirent before you apply - know the benefits and show willingness to push it. Other products that are important are the add- ons like product care (replacement guarantee), Internet security and surge protection.
As a sales person you will also be doing stock takes, merchandising and bringing stock from the back, which means they want to know if you are willing to help out maintaining the store. Your hours need to be flexible too.
Each store will have a different proprietor with an individual style and hence the interview will have a different feel with each place. The fundamentals remain the same though. Ultimately they want profit.
- No trick questions were ever asked. They just need to see your enthusiasm and willingness to get out on the floor and smash it. Answer Question
No negotiation. The pay is largely fixed especially for part timers.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Kingaroy (Australia)) in February 2009.
hiring process consists of online application, then return email, then phonecall. after the phonecall there was an interview date set. the interview took place in the boss his office and i had to do a presentation. i had to describe a product to sell to him and answer all the standard jargon
- can you pretend to sell me this screw and how would you convince me to buy this dearer one over the cheaper one Answer Question