Hasbro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. Apply for a position. Get scheduled for an interview. My interview was face to face with the hiring managers. Wait a while and hope for a response.

Brand Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call followed by an in person interview with two art directors. We reviewed by portfolio books, going through each project. They would ask questions about my design choices and how I made certain decisions. After we discussed what my role would be as a brand design intern and how I would be involved in the day to day life of the company. Advise: be prepared with portfolio and answers to why you made specific design choices. Bring multiple resumes and business cards because you most likely won't know how many people are interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe the world of play is evolving?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hasbro (Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within a couple days of submitting my online application and scheduled to come in the following week. I then came in for a short interview with a few members of the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with relevant concepts and tools of the trade.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Process was long an drawn out. I had a total of 10 interviews, 8 in one day. Met with all levels, from Manager, Director, VP, SVP and CMO. Finally had offer after 2 months of going back and forth.

Interview Questions

• If I was to start my own company, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

MBA Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hasbro (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I conducted a round 1 interview on-campus, which consisted of two parts, each a 30-45 mins long. Part 1 was a behavioral interview, Part 2 was a marketing case. Pretty straightforward. Interviews were conducted by brand managers, both of whom were relatively recent MBA graduates. One of the interviewers was very warm and made the behavioral interview very conversational and stress-free. The interviewer who conducted the case was almost curt - just very direct and bordering on off-putting. Not sure if this is intentional but it left a slightly sour taste in my mouth as I left the session. Otherwise, I felt the whole process was relatively smooth and didn't hold this against the company.

Interview Questions

• In one word, how would your friends or colleagues describe you?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

1st interview was over the phone, they ask basic questions about background and described the job, gentlemen on the phone seemed genuinely nice, actually said he wanted to hire me but it was up to the department manager. 2nd interview was in person, the facilities look great, interviewer was straight and to the point, seemed like he was a bit fed up with interviews (I was one of the last people scheduled). Didn't ask many questions mostly just ran down the job responsibilities and asked if that sounded ok. Left the interview feeling like it went ok. Disappointment was that there was no further communication after the interview, positive or negative just nothing. I even emailed them thanking them for the opportunity and got no response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hasbro in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter soon after the position opened, based on my LinkedIn profile. The interview process stretched out nearly two months (began in September) after I was initially contacted, because I did not make the cut of first round candidates but was invited in several weeks later to interview with the hiring manager. This interview came about because none of the first round candidates worked out (even though an offer was made but turned down). My experience with the recruiter was excellent - she was very professional and diligent throughout the process. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• (Unexpected) "What is your favorite function in Excel?"   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hasbro in November 2014.

Interview

Loved the interview process! Two people spoke with me in a very relaxed atmosphere. They were very sweet and happy. Seemed to like their job. They viewed work with a very positive attitude and made me feel at home. The space is amazing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could switch back and forth between boys and girls projects within the same day.   Answer Question

Flow Planner Interview

Interview

informal but direct and to the point. Very short and driven by the VP, then taken over by HR not very detailed about my qualifications. seemed like they wanted me before I got there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none whatsoverver

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

Three rounds of interview. First round was phone and then the last two rounds were in-person. The phone interview was more like an informational interview - giving me information about the job responsibilities, salaries etc. Then the last two rounds were fairly standard, meeting with various employees within the department. The wait time between each round was very quick. I heard back from them within a week of each interview.