Hasbro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.7

Vice President Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Process was long an drawn out.
    I had a total of 10 interviews, 8 in one day.
    Met with all levels, from Manager, Director, VP, SVP and CMO.
    Finally had offer after 2 months of going back and forth.

Interview Questions

• If I was to start my own company, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

MBA Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hasbro (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I conducted a round 1 interview on-campus, which consisted of two parts, each a 30-45 mins long. Part 1 was a behavioral interview, Part 2 was a marketing case. Pretty straightforward. Interviews were conducted by brand managers, both of whom were relatively recent MBA graduates. One of the interviewers was very warm and made the behavioral interview very conversational and stress-free. The interviewer who conducted the case was almost curt - just very direct and bordering on off-putting. Not sure if this is intentional but it left a slightly sour taste in my mouth as I left the session. Otherwise, I felt the whole process was relatively smooth and didn't hold this against the company.

Interview Questions

• In one word, how would your friends or colleagues describe you?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

1st interview was over the phone, they ask basic questions about background and described the job, gentlemen on the phone seemed genuinely nice, actually said he wanted to hire me but it was up to the department manager.

2nd interview was in person, the facilities look great, interviewer was straight and to the point, seemed like he was a bit fed up with interviews (I was one of the last people scheduled). Didn't ask many questions mostly just ran down the job responsibilities and asked if that sounded ok. Left the interview feeling like it went ok.

Disappointment was that there was no further communication after the interview, positive or negative just nothing. I even emailed them thanking them for the opportunity and got no response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hasbro in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter soon after the position opened, based on my LinkedIn profile. The interview process stretched out nearly two months (began in September) after I was initially contacted, because I did not make the cut of first round candidates but was invited in several weeks later to interview with the hiring manager. This interview came about because none of the first round candidates worked out (even though an offer was made but turned down). My experience with the recruiter was excellent - she was very professional and diligent throughout the process. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• (Unexpected) "What is your favorite function in Excel?"   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hasbro in November 2014.

Interview

Loved the interview process!
    Two people spoke with me in a very relaxed atmosphere. They were very sweet and happy. Seemed to like their job. They viewed work with a very positive attitude and made me feel at home. The space is amazing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could switch back and forth between boys and girls projects within the same day.   Answer Question

Flow Planner Interview

Interview

informal but direct and to the point. Very short and driven by the VP, then taken over by HR
    not very detailed about my qualifications. seemed like they wanted me before I got there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none whatsoverver

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

Three rounds of interview. First round was phone and then the last two rounds were in-person. The phone interview was more like an informational interview - giving me information about the job responsibilities, salaries etc. Then the last two rounds were fairly standard, meeting with various employees within the department. The wait time between each round was very quick. I heard back from them within a week of each interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

Hasbro is a great, even iconic company, but the interview process was anything but. I was contacted by a recruiter regarding her interest in my background. She found me on online, and given the strength of the Hasbro brand and the success of the company, I was definitely excited to get the call. After that, the process took over four months. Worst of all, after countless interviews and even traveling to Pawtucket for the final round interview, I never actually got a response regarding the outcome let alone feedback about their decision process.

As for the interview itself, I interviewed with three individuals at the company headquarters in Pawtucket, RI. The questions were pretty standard, but two of the interviewers were actually pretty rude and inconsiderate. Plus, my "interview day" was so disorganized it felt as if they didn't even know I was going to be there. Perhaps the company is just disjointed (a mess is probably more accurate), but for such a major company and one with great successes, it was surprisingly bad on almost all accounts.

Rapid Prototyping Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hasbro in April 2014.

Interview

Management came to my school and met with me. Talked strictly about technology and tried to evaluate my ability to know how to use the machines and technologies at Hasbro. Felt like an everyday conversation with someone knew you'd meet on the side of a street.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was what I expected out of the internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called me and offered the position. Told me my pay, dress code, basic conduct rules and when my start and end dates would be. They gave me 3 days to get back to them (I did not find this to be even close to enough time seeing how they offered me a position 4 days later while I was still in the process of interviewing with other companies)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Phone interview