Hasbro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.5

MBA Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hasbro (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I conducted a round 1 interview on-campus, which consisted of two parts, each a 30-45 mins long. Part 1 was a behavioral interview, Part 2 was a marketing case. Pretty straightforward. Interviews were conducted by brand managers, both of whom were relatively recent MBA graduates. One of the interviewers was very warm and made the behavioral interview very conversational and stress-free. The interviewer who conducted the case was almost curt - just very direct and bordering on off-putting. Not sure if this is intentional but it left a slightly sour taste in my mouth as I left the session. Otherwise, I felt the whole process was relatively smooth and didn't hold this against the company.

Interview Questions

• In one word, how would your friends or colleagues describe you?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

1st interview was over the phone, they ask basic questions about background and described the job, gentlemen on the phone seemed genuinely nice, actually said he wanted to hire me but it was up to the department manager. 2nd interview was in person, the facilities look great, interviewer was straight and to the point, seemed like he was a bit fed up with interviews (I was one of the last people scheduled). Didn't ask many questions mostly just ran down the job responsibilities and asked if that sounded ok. Left the interview feeling like it went ok. Disappointment was that there was no further communication after the interview, positive or negative just nothing. I even emailed them thanking them for the opportunity and got no response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hasbro in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter soon after the position opened, based on my LinkedIn profile. The interview process stretched out nearly two months (began in September) after I was initially contacted, because I did not make the cut of first round candidates but was invited in several weeks later to interview with the hiring manager. This interview came about because none of the first round candidates worked out (even though an offer was made but turned down). My experience with the recruiter was excellent - she was very professional and diligent throughout the process. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• (Unexpected) "What is your favorite function in Excel?"   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hasbro in November 2014.

Interview

Loved the interview process! Two people spoke with me in a very relaxed atmosphere. They were very sweet and happy. Seemed to like their job. They viewed work with a very positive attitude and made me feel at home. The space is amazing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could switch back and forth between boys and girls projects within the same day.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

Hasbro is a great, even iconic company, but the interview process was anything but. I was contacted by a recruiter regarding her interest in my background. She found me on online, and given the strength of the Hasbro brand and the success of the company, I was definitely excited to get the call. After that, the process took over four months. Worst of all, after countless interviews and even traveling to Pawtucket for the final round interview, I never actually got a response regarding the outcome let alone feedback about their decision process. As for the interview itself, I interviewed with three individuals at the company headquarters in Pawtucket, RI. The questions were pretty standard, but two of the interviewers were actually pretty rude and inconsiderate. Plus, my "interview day" was so disorganized it felt as if they didn't even know I was going to be there. Perhaps the company is just disjointed (a mess is probably more accurate), but for such a major company and one with great successes, it was surprisingly bad on almost all accounts.

Magic Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Phone interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a marketing position. After her initial contact she was very difficult to get a hold of, and would rarely return my calls and voicemails. After my in person interviews with the team, I did not receive any feedback on why I was no longer being considered for the position.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

2 sets of in person interviews, one with HR and 2 members of the team. Next round was in person with the same 2 members of the team and another person with similar past experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly focused on the level to which I would be committed to entering a new role that was offered, if that opportunity arose.   Answer Question

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

Was first contacted by an outside recruiter who then submitted my resume. Next I had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. He called half an hour later than expected with no explanation but was otherwise professional and asked relevant and reasonable questions. After submitting a work sample an interview was scheduled on-site. The first person, my would-be immediate superior, spent almost the entire hour speaking and asked very few questions. They left a good impression on me. The next scheduled person wasn't in, and I met instead a more senior person in the group. The person was looking at my resume for the first time (judging by the questions) and may not have known I was coming or seen my work sample. The person first spent a good amount of time asking probing personal questions. The person's demeanor was dismissive and impatient, one of the rudest encounters I've had in an interview. At no point was I tested on relevant knowledge or ability to perform. After sending a thank-you note the next day I received no follow ups whatsoever from anyone. The job posting remained up for several months. It is now down and it's unclear from linkedin whether anyone was finally hired. Finally, when I wanted to do a post-portem with the internal recruiter three months after interviewing, they were already working elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Mostly it was the lack of any relevant questions - nothing even along the lines of "do you know product/technology so-and-so".   Answer Question

Electrical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Troy, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

The guy interviewed me in the afternoon. I could see him exhausted and his face was in red. No interests in asking questions at all, he just wanted to leave. I would not apply for the position again.