Hasbro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.7

Project Engineer Interview

2 sets of in person interviews, one with HR and 2 members of the team. Next round was in person with the same 2 members of the team and another person with similar past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly focused on the level to which I would be committed to entering a new role that was offered, if that opportunity arose.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

very thorough. they ask pointed questions about your work history and take and honest interest in what you've done previously.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me, "why hasbro, as opposed to any other technology or entertainment company i've worked for before?" it was a great question that allowed me to explain in detail the difference between the culture they had to offer as opposed to other ones i've been a part of before.   Answer Question

Magic Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hasbro.

Phone interview

Flow Planner Interview

informal but direct and to the point. Very short and driven by the VP, then taken over by HR
    not very detailed about my qualifications. seemed like they wanted me before I got there.

none whatsoverver

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hasbro in January 2012.

very fast by phone and job ofer by UPS currier

Pre Press Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Hasbro.

Placed by Creative Temp Agency and was hired by another group after working there. No interview.

No option to negotiate. Take it or leave it. Found out later that they did not meet the minimum pay rate for that pay grade. Felt degraded.

Project Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in March 2011.

After applying for the position through my school job listing database, I was contacted by an HR representative to set up an on-campus interview. I was given a choice of multiple times on a specific day. I was interviewed by two full-time project engineers, each from a different team. The interview was conversational. Not much emphasis was placed on technical skills as was my ability to carry out responsibilities successfully. One of the interviewers was the person who hired me and became my supervisor. HR contacted me the day after my interview and gave me the weekend to make my decision.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite part about school at this point?   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations since this was a 6-month coop position.

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hasbro in June 2008.

The process took several months. It started with a screening call by a recruiter, then a telephone interview with the hiring manager, and then panel-type interviews that lasted an hour each, for about 4 hours. The screening and telephone interviews seemed very standard, and focused primarily on background and experience. The panel interviews seemed geared toward "fit" more than experience. One disappointment was that no one (even the hiring manager) had a very good explanation for what the job actually was.

Interview Questions
    • We have a new product, product X, coming out for the holiday season. What should the price point be?   View Answer
    Negotiation was non existent. You get what you get. I got the sense that HR keeps them on a very tight leash.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in July 2012.

Through referral my resume was forward to the head recruiter who schedule a phone interview for the position. It was an screening interview.

Question such as previous experience and goals were in place.

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Hasbro.

Was first contacted by an outside recruiter who then submitted my resume. Next I had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. He called half an hour later than expected with no explanation but was otherwise professional and asked relevant and reasonable questions. After submitting a work sample an interview was scheduled on-site.

The first person, my would-be immediate superior, spent almost the entire hour speaking and asked very few questions. They left a good impression on me. The next scheduled person wasn't in, and I met instead a more senior person in the group. The person was looking at my resume for the first time (judging by the questions) and may not have known I was coming or seen my work sample. The person first spent a good amount of time asking probing personal questions. The person's demeanor was dismissive and impatient, one of the rudest encounters I've had in an interview. At no point was I tested on relevant knowledge or ability to perform.

After sending a thank-you note the next day I received no follow ups whatsoever from anyone. The job posting remained up for several months. It is now down and it's unclear from linkedin whether anyone was finally hired.

Finally, when I wanted to do a post-portem with the internal recruiter three months after interviewing, they were already working elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly it was the lack of any relevant questions - nothing even along the lines of "do you know product/technology so-and-so".   Answer Question

Worked for Hasbro? Contribute to the Community!