Hasbro

28 candidate interviews

Visual Designer Interview

Visual Designer

Interviewed at Hasbro

Interview Details – very thorough. they ask pointed questions about your work history and take and honest interest in what you've done previously.

Interview Question – they asked me, "why hasbro, as opposed to any other technology or entertainment company i've worked for before?" it was a great question that allowed me to explain in detail the difference between the culture they had to offer as opposed to other ones i've been a part of before.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

Interviewed at Hasbro

Interview Details – 2 sets of in person interviews, one with HR and 2 members of the team. Next round was in person with the same 2 members of the team and another person with similar past experience.

Interview Question – Mostly focused on the level to which I would be committed to entering a new role that was offered, if that opportunity arose.   Answer Question

Flow Planner Interview

Flow Planner

Interviewed at Hasbro

Interview Details – informal but direct and to the point. Very short and driven by the VP, then taken over by HR
not very detailed about my qualifications. seemed like they wanted me before I got there.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none whatsoverver

Magic Associate Brand Manager Interview

Magic Associate Brand Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Name your favorite licensing pair   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Designer Interview

Product Designer
Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hasbro in January 2012.

Interview Details – very fast by phone and job ofer by UPS currier

Project Engineering Co-Op Interview

Project Engineering Co-Op
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in March 2011.

Interview Details – After applying for the position through my school job listing database, I was contacted by an HR representative to set up an on-campus interview. I was given a choice of multiple times on a specific day. I was interviewed by two full-time project engineers, each from a different team. The interview was conversational. Not much emphasis was placed on technical skills as was my ability to carry out responsibilities successfully. One of the interviewers was the person who hired me and became my supervisor. HR contacted me the day after my interview and gave me the weekend to make my decision.

Interview Question – What is your favorite part about school at this point?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations since this was a 6-month coop position.

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position Interview

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position
Pawtucket, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by an outside recruiter who then submitted my resume. Next I had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. He called half an hour later than expected with no explanation but was otherwise professional and asked relevant and reasonable questions. After submitting a work sample an interview was scheduled on-site.

The first person, my would-be immediate superior, spent almost the entire hour speaking and asked very few questions. They left a good impression on me. The next scheduled person wasn't in, and I met instead a more senior person in the group. The person was looking at my resume for the first time (judging by the questions) and may not have known I was coming or seen my work sample. The person first spent a good amount of time asking probing personal questions. The person's demeanor was dismissive and impatient, one of the rudest encounters I've had in an interview. At no point was I tested on relevant knowledge or ability to perform.

After sending a thank-you note the next day I received no follow ups whatsoever from anyone. The job posting remained up for several months. It is now down and it's unclear from linkedin whether anyone was finally hired.

Finally, when I wanted to do a post-portem with the internal recruiter three months after interviewing, they were already working elsewhere.

Interview Question – Mostly it was the lack of any relevant questions - nothing even along the lines of "do you know product/technology so-and-so".   Answer Question

Pre Press Production Artist Interview

Pre Press Production Artist
East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details – Placed by Creative Temp Agency and was hired by another group after working there. No interview.

Negotiation Details – No option to negotiate. Take it or leave it. Found out later that they did not meet the minimum pay rate for that pay grade. Felt degraded.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in July 2012.

Interview Details – Through referral my resume was forward to the head recruiter who schedule a phone interview for the position. It was an screening interview.

Question such as previous experience and goals were in place.

Interview Question – None specifically. It was an screening interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hasbro in September 2013.

Interview Details – You will do great if practice your capabilities and show confidence

Interview Question – Why we should not hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Hasbro? Contribute to the Community!