Hasbro

Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Writing Intern Interview

Brand Writing Intern
Providence, RI

I applied online - interviewed at Hasbro in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, then contacted by Human Resources

Interview Question – None, all were straight forward and expected   Answer Question

Pre Press Production Artist Interview

Pre Press Production Artist
East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details – Placed by Creative Temp Agency and was hired by another group after working there. No interview.

Negotiation Details – No option to negotiate. Take it or leave it. Found out later that they did not meet the minimum pay rate for that pay grade. Felt degraded.

Very Easy Interview

Product Designer Interview

Product Designer
Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hasbro in January 2012.

Interview Details – very fast by phone and job ofer by UPS currier

Packaging Engineer Interview

Packaging Engineer
Pawtucket, RI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in December 2009.

Interview Details – Meeting with department head and an engineer. Typical good cop bad cop routine.

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest failure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, apparently Hasbro does not negotiate.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

Interviewed at Hasbro

Interview Details – 2 sets of in person interviews, one with HR and 2 members of the team. Next round was in person with the same 2 members of the team and another person with similar past experience.

Interview Question – Mostly focused on the level to which I would be committed to entering a new role that was offered, if that opportunity arose.   Answer Question

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position Interview

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position
Pawtucket, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by an outside recruiter who then submitted my resume. Next I had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. He called half an hour later than expected with no explanation but was otherwise professional and asked relevant and reasonable questions. After submitting a work sample an interview was scheduled on-site.

The first person, my would-be immediate superior, spent almost the entire hour speaking and asked very few questions. They left a good impression on me. The next scheduled person wasn't in, and I met instead a more senior person in the group. The person was looking at my resume for the first time (judging by the questions) and may not have known I was coming or seen my work sample. The person first spent a good amount of time asking probing personal questions. The person's demeanor was dismissive and impatient, one of the rudest encounters I've had in an interview. At no point was I tested on relevant knowledge or ability to perform.

After sending a thank-you note the next day I received no follow ups whatsoever from anyone. The job posting remained up for several months. It is now down and it's unclear from linkedin whether anyone was finally hired.

Finally, when I wanted to do a post-portem with the internal recruiter three months after interviewing, they were already working elsewhere.

Interview Question – Mostly it was the lack of any relevant questions - nothing even along the lines of "do you know product/technology so-and-so".   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Providence, RI

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in September 2008.

Interview Details – What do you like about the toy industry. 3 interviews. Good comunication

Interview Question – No hard questions.   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Packaging Engineer
Pawtucket, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details – They never followed up with me, I always had to follow up with them. Process seemed very unorganized and I waited a very long time in the reception area before the interviewer came to let me in.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly easy. Some situational questions were more difficult than others. (IE You're having a problem with a co-worker, how do you resolve it? )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non existant

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant
Pawtucket, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hasbro in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked to have an interview with the College Recruiter in HR and then another with the Senior Producer of the department. Both of these interviews were on the phone and had no face-to-face contact before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
  • If you were asked to work on a project that took you several days that ended up being canceled, what would you do?   Answer Question

Girls Toy Design Interview

Girls Toy Design
Pawtucket, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hasbro in March 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very nice. They currently did not have a position open, but were looking for talent and making connections. It was extremely casual. She didn't ask a question to start off with so you had to direct the conversation. She also asked about projects in my portfolio. Brought portfolios back with her.

Interview Question – You know when you have a real job you'll only have to work 9-5 right?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hasbro