Hasbro

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.7

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hasbro in February 2014.

Very detailed interview, They will not take just any one. You have to be good with people and have an eye for merchandising product to sell. You also have to realize that this alone will not be enough to pay your bills unless you live cheap or have another job.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to make this fit with your other job.   View Answer

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

I applied online – interviewed at Hasbro.

Multiple phone interviews, a skills test, group interview all along treated like royalty.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate as much as you can because longevity is unlikely at Hasbro. Get it while you can.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hasbro.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a marketing position. After her initial contact she was very difficult to get a hold of, and would rarely return my calls and voicemails. After my in person interviews with the team, I did not receive any feedback on why I was no longer being considered for the position.

Pre Press Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hasbro.

Placed by Creative Temp Agency and was hired by another group after working there. No interview.

No option to negotiate. Take it or leave it. Found out later that they did not meet the minimum pay rate for that pay grade. Felt degraded.

Project Engineer Interview

2 sets of in person interviews, one with HR and 2 members of the team. Next round was in person with the same 2 members of the team and another person with similar past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly focused on the level to which I would be committed to entering a new role that was offered, if that opportunity arose.   Answer Question

Brand Writing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hasbro in April 2013.

Met with HR through a family friend, applied to the job, then contacted by specific department for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer gave me an old toy and told me to create 10 different toy names and come up with a short biography about toy based on a few characteristics given about the toy.   Answer Question

Brand Writing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online – interviewed at Hasbro in March 2013.

Applied online, then contacted by Human Resources

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hasbro.

Was first contacted by an outside recruiter who then submitted my resume. Next I had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. He called half an hour later than expected with no explanation but was otherwise professional and asked relevant and reasonable questions. After submitting a work sample an interview was scheduled on-site.

The first person, my would-be immediate superior, spent almost the entire hour speaking and asked very few questions. They left a good impression on me. The next scheduled person wasn't in, and I met instead a more senior person in the group. The person was looking at my resume for the first time (judging by the questions) and may not have known I was coming or seen my work sample. The person first spent a good amount of time asking probing personal questions. The person's demeanor was dismissive and impatient, one of the rudest encounters I've had in an interview. At no point was I tested on relevant knowledge or ability to perform.

After sending a thank-you note the next day I received no follow ups whatsoever from anyone. The job posting remained up for several months. It is now down and it's unclear from linkedin whether anyone was finally hired.

Finally, when I wanted to do a post-portem with the internal recruiter three months after interviewing, they were already working elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly it was the lack of any relevant questions - nothing even along the lines of "do you know product/technology so-and-so".   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hasbro in October 2012.

When I was interviewed at Hasbro, I was given a clear view of the culture and what it would be like to work there. I have now been working for Hasbro for 1.5 years and there is no other place I would rather be. I can see myself working here until retirement. There is so much opportunity here if you are wiling to look for it. Hasbro is the place to be!!

Interview Questions
    It was fair and equitable.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Hasbro.

They never followed up with me, I always had to follow up with them. Process seemed very unorganized and I waited a very long time in the reception area before the interviewer came to let me in.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly easy. Some situational questions were more difficult than others. (IE You're having a problem with a co-worker, how do you resolve it? )   Answer Question
    Non existant