Hastings Direct Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hastings Direct.

Interview

The staff were all very friendly and put me at ease quickly. There was a presentation at the beginning which talked through the role more and watched a video about what it's like working for them. I then call listened into Claims and then had a interview and role play.

Learning and Development Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bexhill, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hastings Direct (Bexhill, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was clear and very straight forward, was made to feel at ease from the start. First stage was to submit my CV and a summary of why I would be beneficial in the new position. The next stage was the interview, where question were asked to assess if I would be successful in the new role.

Interview Questions

• How would I identify and close any knowledge gaps. What step would I take and how would I know if I had been successfu   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hastings, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hastings Direct (Hastings, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

During the initial telephone test HR informed me that there'd be a CBI and the shift working hours came with *4 weeks advanced notice.

On accepting the invite to attend assessment I was sent a guide to use the STARR method for my interview prep stating I would be expected to give examples that demonstrate my ability and experience within the key competencies that are required for the role.

Perception of the call centre was messy. In terms of health and safety; food, drink, rubbish all over desks including a bottle of alcohol on display...

At the assessment I was then informed that the interview would now be a relaxed, informal getting to know you, although I had prepared examples for a CBI...

Observing that there could easily be facilities available to effectively present the staff video to a group, the recruiter decided we should just view it on one laptop screen...

The recruitment video is in the public domain, published on YouTube where staff members state that the shift pattern could be *1 week notice...

The HR email states that they're not looking for perfection but do want to see what you are capable of. Staff members stated on the video "the company are not interested in whether you can do the job"...

With evidence of being miss lead on these occasions this suggests that they're not upfront or honest to candidates or their staff who's credibility the company depends on...

Graduate Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bexhill, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hastings Direct (Bexhill, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Application form - general questions about myself, the insurance industry, my hobbies, my achievements and proudest moment
    Telephone Interview - normal competency and situational questions. Aspirations were discussed.
    Online test (maths, english, logic)
    Final Assessment Day - Full day of activities identifying my social skills, academic capability and interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected - what do you think you will be doing in retirement. Explain about your house, job you have left behind, car etc   Answer Question