Hastings Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Lewiston, ID

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in July 2012.

Interview Details – After interview process the hiring process took around 3 weeks to complete. Interview process was easy took about 20 minutes and was given a form to take a drug test

Interview Question – Basic questions, asked if school would interfere, very informal   Answer Question

Book Associate, Cashier Interview

Book Associate, Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in June 2014.

Interview Details – Very nice interview, laid back and simple. Another interview tomorrow. The guy was very nice and we talked about previous jobs, customers and nerd stuff . I was asked fun questions about time travelling and superheros. I felt it went really well and I am excited for tomorrow. After this interview I want the job so much!

Interview Question – What superhero I would be or superpower. Too many to decide!   View Answer

Floor Manager Interview

Floor Manager
Abilene, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was good, managers were nice, polite and relaxed in the interview process. Was a bit disappointed that the position that I was applying for was not even an actual position at that location yet, but may be created sometime in the future. They were just gathering a pool of applications for the future needs of the company.

Interview Question – Why was I interested in Hastings?
Would I be willing to relocate?
What were my salary requirements?
  Answer Question

Lifestyles Associate Interview

Lifestyles Associate
Hobbs, NM

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in December 2011.

Interview Details – the management basically asked me the hours I would be available, what my goals were and what I planned on doing to contribute to the team, as long as you are confident you can easily get this job

Interview Question – none were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I do very well in interviews and can think on the spot and I was basically able to show the manager my skills

Programmer Interview

Programmer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment.

Interview Details – Initial contact is made by the recruiter after you apply online. There are two interviews with specific IT personnel and managers.

Interview Question – What methods do you use to solve complex problems outside your current realm of knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what I was expecting as a salary and I explained that I would expect low range for starting because I was new to the career. They explained that they start people around 35 and offered me 37 in deference to the number of years I have in careers in general.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Spokane, WA

I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in May 2010.

Interview Details – Basic interview generic questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses. What is the most difficult instance you have to help solve. Favorite book, music video.

Interview Question – Didn't find a question asked very difficult at all.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Barista
Helena, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in February 2014.

Interview Details – I really didn't have an interview process. I went in and the first thing the interviewer said was "Let's just skip the questions about you because basically I already hired you." I was kind of shocked because I have no experience as a barista.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. I am getting paid $8 dollars an hour. Which is higher than the state's minimum wage.

Inventory Control Associate Interview

Inventory Control Associate
Manhattan, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in October 2012.

Interview Details – They have you come in and they read off questions to you from a sheet. Not a big deal. What you need to focus on is your truth and priorities depending on the position you are applying for. For instance if you are interviewing for a customer service position. Answer the questions with a tribute of honesty, emphasize customer recover and trust worthy with cash handling experience. Also Hastings wants out going employees but not arrogant ones. Stay humble and righteous during the interview and you will be gold.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer and explain the outcome. Something like that, that question gets everyone.   Answer Question

Video Manager Interview

Video Manager
Kearney, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment.

Interview Details – Normal interview process. Normal interview questions although they get a little more specific. For example.. instead of "what are your weaknesses?" the questions would read more like "what are your weaknesses when under stress because of a work load?" The store manager and customer service manager both interviewed me. Although the store manager kept leaving.

Interview Question – Sometimes the questions got too specific and I couldn't answer them properly without making up a story. One question read something like "Tell me a time you disagreed with a manager and you were both right.. what did you do to compromise?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. "we can pay you 8.50 an hour... take it or leave it."

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hastings Entertainment.

Interview Details – Was called in for interview. Was offered the position the same day of the interview.

Now the company conducts interviews in a group. Interviewer gives customers service scenarios then asks how interviewee might handle it. If interviewee appears uninterested in the interview or questions and does not speak up to answer questions, then they will not be asked to come back for second interview.

Interview Question – Questions are not difficult at all - mostly just common sense. The main thing they are looking for is how the interviewee conducts themselves during the interview and amongst strangers.   Answer Question

Worked for Hastings Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!