Hastings Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.0

Books Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Bozeman, MT) in December 2014.

Interview

Laid back. Easy interview. Questions were straightforward. Questions asked were like "what are your strengths, and what are your weaknesses?" What is your availability? What are you studying in college? What is the importance of teamwork?

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you pitch a book you don't like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's either you get 8.10/hr or we can't hire you.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Moscow, ID) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took a long time, but the interview process was extremely laid back. They asked me very basic interview questions and talked a lot about my previous work experience. The interviewers were very 'goofy'.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any type of animal what would you be and why   Answer Question

Book Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Nampa, ID) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online. They called the next day to invite me in for an interview. The interview was held at their cafe. The interview itself wasn't difficult. But in the end, I applied for a position I was qualified for and they offered me a different position. I accepted their offer and they were surprised when I wasn't qualified for the position I did not apply for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment in June 2014.

Interview

Very nice interview, laid back and simple. Another interview tomorrow. The guy was very nice and we talked about previous jobs, customers and nerd stuff . I was asked fun questions about time travelling and superheros. I felt it went really well and I am excited for tomorrow. After this interview I want the job so much!

Interview Questions

• What superhero I would be or superpower. Too many to decide!   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Ardmore, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

The first interview was very informal and just a review of my resume and made sure I could work retail hours (nights and weekends). The second was with the dm and was a STAR (Situation /task/action/results ) interview. The third was with HR and was also a STAR interview. They basically want to know what you have done in common situations and how it worked out. They will also ask about your abilit to travel and/or relocate as this is required for an MIT

Floor Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Abilene, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was good, managers were nice, polite and relaxed in the interview process. Was a bit disappointed that the position that I was applying for was not even an actual position at that location yet, but may be created sometime in the future. They were just gathering a pool of applications for the future needs of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in Hastings? Would I be willing to relocate? What were my salary requirements?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment.

Interview

Initial contact is made by the recruiter after you apply online. There are two interviews with specific IT personnel and managers.

Interview Questions

• What methods do you use to solve complex problems outside your current realm of knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what I was expecting as a salary and I explained that I would expect low range for starting because I was new to the career. They explained that they start people around 35 and offered me 37 in deference to the number of years I have in careers in general.

Video Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearney, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Kearney, NE).

Interview

Normal interview process. Normal interview questions although they get a little more specific. For example.. instead of "what are your weaknesses?" the questions would read more like "what are your weaknesses when under stress because of a work load?" The store manager and customer service manager both interviewed me. Although the store manager kept leaving.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes the questions got too specific and I couldn't answer them properly without making up a story. One question read something like "Tell me a time you disagreed with a manager and you were both right.. what did you do to compromise?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. "we can pay you 8.50 an hour... take it or leave it."

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Helena, MT) in February 2014.

Interview

I really didn't have an interview process. I went in and the first thing the interviewer said was "Let's just skip the questions about you because basically I already hired you." I was kind of shocked because I have no experience as a barista.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I am getting paid $8 dollars an hour. Which is higher than the state's minimum wage.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ben, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Ben, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Brief and fun there's not much to it and pretty basic questions you'll be asked every where. Qualifications work experience and when or when you can't work. Previous work experience and refrenes a plus