Hastings Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hastings Mutual

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hastings Mutual.

Interview

Horrible phone interview where the Manager asked very pointed questions that should have been asked face to face. What they were looking for did not at all cover what was listed in the job requirements and the interviewer just kept asking the same questions over and over. When I asked what specifically they were look for in a recruiter, she could not tell me in any detail, but insisted that I was under-qualified though I have been a professional recruiter for 5 years. When I asked for her to go over what exactly I was lacking that they were looking for, she could give me nothing specific. I then pulled up the ad that I had applied to and went over the requirements with her and listed all of my qualifications that matched those things. She very rudely responded that she had no more time to waste!

I just feel that if you're going to interview someone for a new and innovative position that maybe you should take the time to sit down with them and let them show you their qualifications and not just ask them to go over a day in the life of their current position before deciding they are unqualified.

Interview Questions

• What do you do everyday in your current position?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager for Iowa Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hastings Mutual (Hastings, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process. Amber, the HR representative who conducted the interview started the process off on a poor note by calling 20 minutes late with no apology. She listened to a few things that I said but didn't even allow me to speak about my current employment. I didn't even have the opportunity to ask basic questions regarding the company as she had determined that I was not a good fit for the position in 10 minutes. I learned more about this position from a recruiter than I did from an actual employee of the company. She was also not knowledgeable of the actual territory that I was applying for. Perhaps amber should understand the position her company is offering and be willing to listen for more than 10 minutes to what a candidate has to say. Now I understand why the position has been open for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What were your authority levels for your current field underwriting position?   1 Answer