Hat World

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hat World

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hat World in April 2011.

Two interviews, very informal, very easy.

No wiggle-room, low pay

Other Interview Reviews for Hat World

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hat World in January 2010.

I went over 2 weeks ago and they guy told me he was going on vacation. I called 3 days ago and he said he had made a decision and would call me back. 2 days ago I called and he said he has been busy but would call me that night...never got that call or one today

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hat World in July 2011.

Went to a job fair ("Open Interview Session") after applying through CareerBuilder. Turn out was about 100 applicants. Was called for a preliminary interview, was asked 3 questions. Answered the questions, then was referred to a store manager for a full interview.

After completing the interview, was told to report to a store the next morning for a "Floor Test", which is essentially a role-playing activity to see how well you interact with customers and how you can process information.

Submitted a background check authorization, and waited about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation possible. Simply "this is what you'll make, take it or leave it."

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hat World in August 2009.

Fairly easy interview. I sat down with the store manager who was cool at the time and asked me basicly more about sports then actual job experience. he was looking more for a friend then he was an AM. Told me how the advancement opportunity was great just to find out its really not. I then sat down with the GM and he seemed like all people who work there will be doomed to fail unless you work hard and sell your soul for the company.