Hat World

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hat World in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews, very informal, very easy.

Negotiation Details – No wiggle-room, low pay

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hat World in January 2010.

Interview Details – I went over 2 weeks ago and they guy told me he was going on vacation. I called 3 days ago and he said he had made a decision and would call me back. 2 days ago I called and he said he has been busy but would call me that night...never got that call or one today

Interview Question – How do you manage?   View Answer

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hat World in July 2011.

Interview Details – Went to a job fair ("Open Interview Session") after applying through CareerBuilder. Turn out was about 100 applicants. Was called for a preliminary interview, was asked 3 questions. Answered the questions, then was referred to a store manager for a full interview.

After completing the interview, was told to report to a store the next morning for a "Floor Test", which is essentially a role-playing activity to see how well you interact with customers and how you can process information.

Submitted a background check authorization, and waited about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible. Simply "this is what you'll make, take it or leave it."

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hat World in August 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly easy interview. I sat down with the store manager who was cool at the time and asked me basicly more about sports then actual job experience. he was looking more for a friend then he was an AM. Told me how the advancement opportunity was great just to find out its really not. I then sat down with the GM and he seemed like all people who work there will be doomed to fail unless you work hard and sell your soul for the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hat World? Contribute to the Community!