Hat World Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

2.9

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hat World in January 2013.

Basic situation based questions. fairly easy with previous knowledge of retail industry and merchandising/buying, knowledge of company

Interview Questions
    • Can't really think of one. Know about the position and what you bring to the table   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hat World in April 2011.

Two interviews, very informal, very easy.

No wiggle-room, low pay

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Hat World.

Went up to a local Collegiate team apparel store that turns out was recently acquired by Hat World. I was looking for a summer job, and asked for the manager.I When I was greeted by the manager I told him I was looking for a job and we had a pretty informal interview right there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Where do you see yourself going with this company.   Answer Question

Lids Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hat World in May 2011.

This interview was arduous. I was uncertain what position the interview was for because it was never listed on the advertisement. The District Sales Manager conducted the interview, and he threw all kinds of questions at me. Initially, it began with me completing a paper application at that store. All the employees at the store seemed generous. Then, I exchanged pleasantries with the Manager. The interview was conducted in the food court downstairs from the actual store. He emphasized sales and expenses during the interview. He said there will be times where there will only be 1 person running the store at a time, and there will be moments where this position will require you to train other employees. Also, he shared information about his work. He commutes all the way from Virgina twice a week to work. Presumably, he works at a store location in Virgina during the rest of the week. He also manages a store in Delaware. I felt prepared for the interview, and I know the interview went well. I made him laugh and vice versa. I thought for sure I would receive an offer, but I was incorrect. After the interview, I received an email saying the position was filled.

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hat World in January 2010.

I went over 2 weeks ago and they guy told me he was going on vacation. I called 3 days ago and he said he had made a decision and would call me back. 2 days ago I called and he said he has been busy but would call me that night...never got that call or one today

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hat World in July 2011.

Went to a job fair ("Open Interview Session") after applying through CareerBuilder. Turn out was about 100 applicants. Was called for a preliminary interview, was asked 3 questions. Answered the questions, then was referred to a store manager for a full interview.

After completing the interview, was told to report to a store the next morning for a "Floor Test", which is essentially a role-playing activity to see how well you interact with customers and how you can process information.

Submitted a background check authorization, and waited about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation possible. Simply "this is what you'll make, take it or leave it."

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hat World in January 2009.

I submitted my resume to an ad on craigslist, and was contacted for 1:1 interview within about a week. After meeting with the District Manager, I was offered the position after my background check results had cleared, and began training within 2 weeks. The company's two biggest concerns for a Store Manager's position are to drive sales and control expenses, so emphasizing your desire to contribute to this and expand the business should help you get a foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things about yourself that I won't find in any other candidate?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hat World in August 2009.

Fairly easy interview. I sat down with the store manager who was cool at the time and asked me basicly more about sports then actual job experience. he was looking more for a friend then he was an AM. Told me how the advancement opportunity was great just to find out its really not. I then sat down with the GM and he seemed like all people who work there will be doomed to fail unless you work hard and sell your soul for the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hat World

Worked for Hat World? Contribute to the Community!