Hatch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.6

Engineering Interview

Received interview through summer program. Casual atmosphere and mostly fit questions. Not many technical or engineering questions considering that I was in high school at that point and would not be able to answer them anyway - the jobs that I was eventually put on were basic research. Would recommend to younger students.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you going for this internship over another one?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

Traditional, candidates are more prepared than interviewers. Circulated between members of senior staff. Filled out application form that requested salary history. The hiring decision maker was slow to decide, needed followup prompting.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall being challenged by any questions because I was working with a good job-seeking adviser at the time.   Answer Question
    Offer was good - negotiation was not necessary.

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hatch in March 2014.

Initially contacted via email about setting up interview time. The interview was scheduled, and at this time, I was informed there would also be a candidate assessment test, and I should expect to be there for 2 hours. When I arrived, I was told the candidate assessment test would take place first, with the interview to follow.

The candidate assessment test consisted of a ~6-7 page booklet of questions. The first couple of pages consisted of behavioral question, such as "Give an example of a time when a coworker disagreed with you. How can you learn from this situation? Would you have done anything differently?, etcc" Each question for this first part of the test contained multiple questions and you were expected to answer in detail. The second part of the test consisted of position specific questions. In my case, there were questions relating to engineering, common acronyms, codes, etc. I was also asked to solve "simple" engineering problems in this test as well. You are given 1 hour to complete all questions. You write all answers, including short answers, essays, etc., for this test on the booklet, you don't use a computer. In that hour time-frame, you are also asked to fill out a paper application.

After the assessment test, you are interviewed. I was interviewed by the manager, division leader, and HR, for a total of 3 people. They asked general questions that can be expected in an interview. They didn't really have a set list of questions to were working off from. The interviewers gave opportunities to "sell yourself" in place of asking question after question.

Cfd Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I was referred by one of the employees. He introduced me to the right team manager. The manager contacted me to have an initial conversation. Then I was called for an on-site interview. I was asked to do a presentation on my work. All employees in the group were present. I was asked technical questions on some of my prior work.

Interview Questions
    I was told that I have a non-negotiable offer.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

It was a set of two or three interviews with peers and manager

Interview Questions
    • Do you know supply chain software in detail??   View Answer

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

Casual conversation, discussed background, experience, and what would do during the co-op term. Also asked salary expectation. Quite a relax interview.

Interview Questions
    • discussed background, experience, and what would do during the co-op term. Also asked salary expectation   Answer Question

BU Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

I was initially hired for a senior position in the management systems group at Hatch. I knew the company as a previous supplier to my then-employer and made connections which eventually led to discussions regarding a position and a very brief interview process with leaders in the project delivery group who manage the company's execution technologies.

Very quick and decisive.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

Applied for several positions initially. I met with several managers from different departments afterward, which confused me as to which job I was being interviewed for because they did not specify. My fault as well for not asking HR upon initial email. Interviews with the managers were very general and quite easy.

Interview Questions
    Received an offer above what I had asked for. So, very quick.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hatch.

I interview as a new graduate. Overall, the interview was quite straight forward but very long. Was interview by one of the directors and a manger. Questions were quite typical: behavioral type (teamwork related, communication etc.), strengths and weaknesses, favorite subjects and why, where you see yourself in 5 years, and why you want to work for Hatch.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or especially difficult. Just be sure to stay focused on the position at hand. I got the feeling they were not very enthusiastic about aspirations to work in other groups/divisions or to become more involved in management roles (within 5 years question).   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hatch.

Interviews with recruiter and subsequently several board members