Hatch Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.6

Engineering Interview

Interview

Received interview through summer program. Casual atmosphere and mostly fit questions. Not many technical or engineering questions considering that I was in high school at that point and would not be able to answer them anyway - the jobs that I was eventually put on were basic research. Would recommend to younger students.

Interview Questions

• Why are you going for this internship over another one?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Traditional, candidates are more prepared than interviewers. Circulated between members of senior staff. Filled out application form that requested salary history. The hiring decision maker was slow to decide, needed followup prompting.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall being challenged by any questions because I was working with a good job-seeking adviser at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good - negotiation was not necessary.

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hatch (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted via email about setting up interview time. The interview was scheduled, and at this time, I was informed there would also be a candidate assessment test, and I should expect to be there for 2 hours. When I arrived, I was told the candidate assessment test would take place first, with the interview to follow. The candidate assessment test consisted of a ~6-7 page booklet of questions. The first couple of pages consisted of behavioral question, such as "Give an example of a time when a coworker disagreed with you. How can you learn from this situation? Would you have done anything differently?, etcc" Each question for this first part of the test contained multiple questions and you were expected to answer in detail. The second part of the test consisted of position specific questions. In my case, there were questions relating to engineering, common acronyms, codes, etc. I was also asked to solve "simple" engineering problems in this test as well. You are given 1 hour to complete all questions. You write all answers, including short answers, essays, etc., for this test on the booklet, you don't use a computer. In that hour time-frame, you are also asked to fill out a paper application. After the assessment test, you are interviewed. I was interviewed by the manager, division leader, and HR, for a total of 3 people. They asked general questions that can be expected in an interview. They didn't really have a set list of questions to were working off from. The interviewers gave opportunities to "sell yourself" in place of asking question after question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hatch.

Interview

That was an on-campus interview. We were notified through career office by email about HATCH upcoming interview. I just uploaded my resume to HATCH website and submitted my application, after two days I got my interview time and day.

Interview Questions

• What have you done so far? What are your favorite tasks?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied the job through their website in October 2014. HR contacted me for an interview through email. The interview is about an hour with managers. They give me their decision after a week.The interviewers are really nice. They basically want to know what type of people you are, what knowledge you have and what you want to do if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical behaviour questions. They asked about almost everything you wrote on the resume. So be sure to get familiar with that. Think of what area interested in.   Answer Question

Engineer In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch.

Interview

1. Interview 1-2 at the University 2. Interview with Various Units within Hatch - these were 20-25 min each consisting of general questions. Why do you want to work at Hatch ? Cool projects you have worked on etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to attain P.Eng. designation   1 Answer

Junior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

First interview: Three professional engineers met me. The people were very friendly and professional, they asked me Some behavior HR questions. (e.g. what do you know about Hatch? what is your short and long term job expectations?) they asked me also easy technical questions (structural analysis problems) Second interview: They showed me a sample of their projects, again behavior questions, and more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about hatch? Where you will find yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process started with a short phone call, followed by a personal one-on-one interview with one of the Managing Directors, which lasted about an hour at the head office. I later met 2 other senior executives of the company, had further discussions over dinner, and received an offer of employment within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you see as your potential role or greatest contribution to this firm in the next 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why are you planning to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary, vacation and benefits were comparable to firm I was currently working for. No additional negotiation was necessary.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hatch (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was booked within a week. They were very relaxed and went through your resume with you. Asked you a few questions such as "What do you know about Hatch?". They also brought in pictures of their current projects and talked about that. Make sure you are very interested and ask alot of questions about them.

Cfd Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Interview

I was referred by one of the employees. He introduced me to the right team manager. The manager contacted me to have an initial conversation. Then I was called for an on-site interview. I was asked to do a presentation on my work. All employees in the group were present. I was asked technical questions on some of my prior work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I have a non-negotiable offer.