Hatch

Updated Dec 30, 2014
Updated Dec 30, 2014

2.6

Engineering Interview

Received interview through summer program. Casual atmosphere and mostly fit questions. Not many technical or engineering questions considering that I was in high school at that point and would not be able to answer them anyway - the jobs that I was eventually put on were basic research. Would recommend to younger students.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you going for this internship over another one?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

Traditional, candidates are more prepared than interviewers. Circulated between members of senior staff. Filled out application form that requested salary history. The hiring decision maker was slow to decide, needed followup prompting.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall being challenged by any questions because I was working with a good job-seeking adviser at the time.   Answer Question
    Offer was good - negotiation was not necessary.

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hatch in March 2014.

Initially contacted via email about setting up interview time. The interview was scheduled, and at this time, I was informed there would also be a candidate assessment test, and I should expect to be there for 2 hours. When I arrived, I was told the candidate assessment test would take place first, with the interview to follow.

The candidate assessment test consisted of a ~6-7 page booklet of questions. The first couple of pages consisted of behavioral question, such as "Give an example of a time when a coworker disagreed with you. How can you learn from this situation? Would you have done anything differently?, etcc" Each question for this first part of the test contained multiple questions and you were expected to answer in detail. The second part of the test consisted of position specific questions. In my case, there were questions relating to engineering, common acronyms, codes, etc. I was also asked to solve "simple" engineering problems in this test as well. You are given 1 hour to complete all questions. You write all answers, including short answers, essays, etc., for this test on the booklet, you don't use a computer. In that hour time-frame, you are also asked to fill out a paper application.

After the assessment test, you are interviewed. I was interviewed by the manager, division leader, and HR, for a total of 3 people. They asked general questions that can be expected in an interview. They didn't really have a set list of questions to were working off from. The interviewers gave opportunities to "sell yourself" in place of asking question after question.

New Grad Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hatch.

I applied through Hatch's online application process. I received an email about the interview after couple weeks. I had face to face interview for about 45 minutes. No offer was made after the interview. There was nothing special about the interview process. Make sure you know how to answer the typical interview questions and be able to explain everything in your cover letter and resume.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All questions were typical interview questions and talked about my resume.   Answer Question

Engineer In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

1. Interview 1-2 at the University
    2. Interview with Various Units within Hatch - these were 20-25 min each consisting of general questions. Why do you want to work at Hatch ? Cool projects you have worked on etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to attain P.Eng. designation   View Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hatch.

Interview process started with a short phone call, followed by a personal one-on-one interview with one of the Managing Directors, which lasted about an hour at the head office. I later met 2 other senior executives of the company, had further discussions over dinner, and received an offer of employment within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • What would you see as your potential role or greatest contribution to this firm in the next 5 years?   View Answer
    • Why are you planning to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    Salary, vacation and benefits were comparable to firm I was currently working for. No additional negotiation was necessary.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hatch in November 2014.

Interview was booked within a week. They were very relaxed and went through your resume with you. Asked you a few questions such as "What do you know about Hatch?". They also brought in pictures of their current projects and talked about that. Make sure you are very interested and ask alot of questions about them.

Cfd Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I was referred by one of the employees. He introduced me to the right team manager. The manager contacted me to have an initial conversation. Then I was called for an on-site interview. I was asked to do a presentation on my work. All employees in the group were present. I was asked technical questions on some of my prior work.

Interview Questions
    I was told that I have a non-negotiable offer.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

It was a set of two or three interviews with peers and manager

Interview Questions
    • Do you know supply chain software in detail??   View Answer

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

Casual conversation, discussed background, experience, and what would do during the co-op term. Also asked salary expectation. Quite a relax interview.

Interview Questions
    • discussed background, experience, and what would do during the co-op term. Also asked salary expectation   Answer Question