Hatch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cfd Consultant Interview

Cfd Consultant

Interviewed at Hatch

Interview Details – I was referred by one of the employees. He introduced me to the right team manager. The manager contacted me to have an initial conversation. Then I was called for an on-site interview. I was asked to do a presentation on my work. All employees in the group were present. I was asked technical questions on some of my prior work.

Interview Question – I got many challenging technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that I have a non-negotiable offer.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hatch in August 2010.

Interview Details – Approached by a headhunter. Interviewed with most of the board and was hired quite quickly

Interview Question – None. I felt like I was interviewing them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on base, as they were offering beyond my expectations. I held out for more shares and they caved immediately.

BU Director Interview

BU Director
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hatch.

Interview Details – I was initially hired for a senior position in the management systems group at Hatch. I knew the company as a previous supplier to my then-employer and made connections which eventually led to discussions regarding a position and a very brief interview process with leaders in the project delivery group who manage the company's execution technologies.

Interview Question – What kind of person do you not work well with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very quick and decisive.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hatch.

Interview Details – Applied for several positions initially. I met with several managers from different departments afterward, which confused me as to which job I was being interviewed for because they did not specify. My fault as well for not asking HR upon initial email. Interviews with the managers were very general and quite easy.

Interview Question – What position did you apply for?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Received an offer above what I had asked for. So, very quick.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hatch in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with most of the board over the course of a few weeks and was then hired. Most meetings were one-on-one, some were multiple participants. No real probing questions. They are looking for cultural fit more than anything.

Interview Question – None. I could have answered these questions in my sleep.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary and shares. I said I wanted more shares and they rolled over.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hatch.

Interview Details – Interviews with recruiter and subsequently several board members

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Project Controls Interview

Project Controls
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Hatch.

Interview Details – Contacted by the HR department for 2 rounds of interviews. Interviewed by two managers the first time, followed by 5-10 minutes with an HR person. Interviewed by one of the same managers and another project person the second time (who I would be working directly with if hired). There was a long delay between the 2 rounds, and was not able to receive any update during the wait (ie whether the position was filled or whether considerations were still being made).

Interview Question – None - straight forward and laid back interviews.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay scale too low

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hatch in December 2011.

Interview Details – interviewed for engineering position
laid back company, just asked me about myself during the interview, no technical questions

they have a bad habit of not acknowledging you after you interviewed if you were rejected

Interview Question – tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Worked for Hatch? Contribute to the Community!