Hatch

Updated Feb 5, 2015

1.8

Electrical Engineer New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hatch in February 2015.

I applied the job through their website in October 2014. HR contacted me for an interview through email. The interview is about an hour with managers. They give me their decision after a week.The interviewers are really nice. They basically want to know what type of people you are, what knowledge you have and what you want to do if you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behaviour questions. They asked about almost everything you wrote on the resume. So be sure to get familiar with that. Think of what area interested in.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hatch.

Interview process started with a short phone call, followed by a personal one-on-one interview with one of the Managing Directors, which lasted about an hour at the head office. I later met 2 other senior executives of the company, had further discussions over dinner, and received an offer of employment within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • What would you see as your potential role or greatest contribution to this firm in the next 5 years?   View Answer
    • Why are you planning to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    Salary, vacation and benefits were comparable to firm I was currently working for. No additional negotiation was necessary.

Cfd Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I was referred by one of the employees. He introduced me to the right team manager. The manager contacted me to have an initial conversation. Then I was called for an on-site interview. I was asked to do a presentation on my work. All employees in the group were present. I was asked technical questions on some of my prior work.

Interview Questions
    I was told that I have a non-negotiable offer.

BU Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

I was initially hired for a senior position in the management systems group at Hatch. I knew the company as a previous supplier to my then-employer and made connections which eventually led to discussions regarding a position and a very brief interview process with leaders in the project delivery group who manage the company's execution technologies.

Very quick and decisive.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch.

Applied for several positions initially. I met with several managers from different departments afterward, which confused me as to which job I was being interviewed for because they did not specify. My fault as well for not asking HR upon initial email. Interviews with the managers were very general and quite easy.

Interview Questions
    Received an offer above what I had asked for. So, very quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hatch.

Interviews with recruiter and subsequently several board members

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Hatch.

Contacted by the HR department for 2 rounds of interviews. Interviewed by two managers the first time, followed by 5-10 minutes with an HR person. Interviewed by one of the same managers and another project person the second time (who I would be working directly with if hired). There was a long delay between the 2 rounds, and was not able to receive any update during the wait (ie whether the position was filled or whether considerations were still being made).

Pay scale too low

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hatch in December 2011.

interviewed for engineering position
    laid back company, just asked me about myself during the interview, no technical questions

they have a bad habit of not acknowledging you after you interviewed if you were rejected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hatch in August 2010.

Approached by a headhunter. Interviewed with most of the board and was hired quite quickly

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on base, as they were offering beyond my expectations. I held out for more shares and they caved immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hatch in August 2009.

Met with most of the board over the course of a few weeks and was then hired. Most meetings were one-on-one, some were multiple participants. No real probing questions. They are looking for cultural fit more than anything.

Interview Questions
    • None. I could have answered these questions in my sleep.   Answer Question
    They offered me a salary and shares. I said I wanted more shares and they rolled over.