HauteLook

Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Technician Interview

Digital Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HauteLook.

Interview Details – Initial interview was 1 hour sitting in with the lead tech to see if it was a job I would want to pursue. 2nd interview was a 1/2 day where I was thrown into the situation, with limited direction, to see how I would do under stress.

Interview Question – Do I think I would be able to handle everything that is necessary in the job, and get along with the team socially and in a work situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HauteLook in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was an interesting experience. There were two interviewers: one of them was down to earth and seemed genuinely interested in learning more about my work. The other fellow was rather high-strung and took an immediate dislike to me. The snarkiest responses from a job interview to date. I could tell that he would be a nightmare to work for.

Interview Question – The questioning was fairly straightforward. The impatient eye-rolling was a bit disconcerting.   Answer Question

Brand Assistant Interview

Brand Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at HauteLook.

Interview Details – Initially the interview process was moving along quite well. Although, the day I showed up for the interview they informed me that they changed the position from Brand Associate to Brand Assistant. I felt this was a completely unprofessional on their part considering I was looking to further my career, not stay stagnant.

Interview Question – Asking if I was ok with them changing the position from a Brand Associate to a Brand Assistant when I showed up for the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They changed the position on me and offered me an hourly wage significantly below what I was currently making. They told me that all of the overtime I would work could help compensate the difference (I never worked overtime at the job I was with at the time)

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HauteLook in April 2011.

Interview Details – One interview with few technical questions

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and don't negotiate

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HauteLook.

Interview Details – Transferred from within the company from a different department and went through 1 interview. Although, usually prospects will go through 2 interviews within the same day.

Interview Question – There is a test you must take at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at HauteLook.

Interview Details – There wasn't really much of an interview. I came in as a needed contractor and got to work right after meeting my supervisor then got hired full time after a while.

Interview Question – I had no questions, they just told me about the company. Strange.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at HauteLook in April 2012.

Interview Details – This is the second position I was interviewed for with Hautelook. The first time I interviewed was in December 2011 for a contract position. I drove 2 hours to LA for my interview and was told I would probably have to come back to meet with someone the next week so I drove back home. Instead I get a call as soon as I take my exit to come back the next morning. So I basically, I drove 240 miles in less than 24 hours. I ask them at the end of my interview when I should expect to hear back - they told me end of the week. Dont hear back from them for weeks. Send 2-3 follow up e-mails until I finally got my response - no.

Interviewed for an HR assistant position last month. Had a basic phone interview. Was told I would hear back in 3-4 days. No response. Followed up a MONTH later. Was told "the team was still making a decision." That was 3 weeks ago.

Judging by how extremely irresponsible and horrible (not to mention, insensitive) the HR is at following up and sticking to their schedule, does not seem like this would be a decent place to work.

Interview Questions

PO Clerk Interview

PO Clerk
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HauteLook in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview contained a variety of basic background check to see if you are qualified for the position. Next step is a one on one interview, which asked to see if you are comfortable in working in a team environment. With the basic, go through the resume and ask questions about your skills.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to manage multi-tasking?   Answer Question

ERP Director Interview

ERP Director
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at HauteLook in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is intensive:
1. several phone interviews
2. 5 hours of face to face interviews.
3. Technical, Business Process, Methodology, QA and Communication style were all tested through interviews with the appropriate people.
4. Be prepared! Know the company, know your job, be able to clearly demonstrate examples of the skills which the job you are applying for requires.

Interview Question – What is a left Join?
Describe what a database is to a 5 year old.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate up front, you can't ask for more later.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at HauteLook in April 2010.

Interview Details – Probably one of the best interviews I've gone through. For the SQA position I met with an SQA Engineer, SQA Manager and CTO individually. I will say that they do their due diligence when knowing what to ask during the interview. I was asked technical questions of varying degrees of difficulty followed by some Google interview logic questions.

I was subsequently contacted a day after the interview by the CIO and offered the position. I accepted and am still currently working there.

A word of advise to those seeking employment at Hautelook within the technical/IT field: KNOW YOUR STUFF!!! If you put it on your resume, they WILL ask about it and you better be able to explain/answer any questions related to it.

Another word of advise in general when submitting your resume: It's Ok to put down a skill on your resume with which you have at least a working knowledge of. (ie, you can explain how you used it in any of your previous jobs effectively). I would suggest you NOT put down a skill that you used once in a job 2 years ago. (ie, I installed MySQL on my desktop at work 2 years ago and played around with it, so I guess I can put that on my resume).

Having said all that, Hautelook is a great place to work. The technical teams work well together and there is a very real sense of camaraderie among co-workers.

Interview Question – I was asked some basic and intermediate SQL query questions that I was not expecting. If you are applying for a technical position which requires any SQL, you should brush up before the interview. Knowing about the different JOINS would probably be helpful.   Answer Question

Worked for HauteLook? Contribute to the Community!