Havas Worldwide

Havas Worldwide Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Havas Worldwide in July 2013.

I applied online in April for the position but was contacted a few months after. I set up a phone interview which went well and was contacted two days later saying that my resume was sent out to some of the teams and they wanted to bring me in for an interview. I was then passed off to an intern who scheduled me with the team and also with an HR person. I get an email on Monday at 5:30pm saying the HR person had to cancel and would I be available to come in the next day to meet with another HR person and also come in that Wednesday to meet with the team. I adjusted my schedule and agreed to do the last minute interview but when I arrived, apparently the new HR person wasn't available either so they had me meet with someone who didn't deal with the account side of recruiting. She was nice, seemed to enjoy what she did but what stood out to me was she said there were no AAE spots open but there defiantly were because I was specifically told in the original interview. The next morning I am getting prepared for my team interview when all of a sudden the intern emails me with a generic rejection email. So I email the HR person I met with and I inquire about the interview and I was told the team had to cancel last minute. If I had not emailed someone I would have wasted my time showing up. So I then press the issue about no spots being open and about an hour later I'm told that she double checked and there were indeed spots open and she would send my resume out... again and also reschedule my original team interview. I followed up 2 days later to check in and surprisingly I receive no answer. This was a very unprofessional experience and in all honestly, a pretty big waste of my time.

Other Interview Reviews for Havas Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Havas Worldwide in July 2013.

I applied for the job online and was contacted by the HR person about an interview. She said it could be a phone interview or in person so I chose to go into the office. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and was mainly me explaining my work experience and resume. The interviewer then called someone else to see if they could come meet me but they were not available. I followed up with her after the interview and 2 weeks later she said they did not have any open positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Havas Worldwide.

I had a phone Interview to get an internship. Then I had an in person interview for the internship. I got it, and then applied for the AAE position as the internship came to an end by updating my resume, speaking with HR, and getting in-company recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • for the internship, they asked me about my past internships that were not in advertising. This was unexpected, but I think they wanted to know if I was well rounded or not. For the AAE position, they asked me if I thought I was ready for this.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I said I'd think about it, but I had already taken the offer in my mind. It is a bad economy out there and we should take what we can get... no questions asked and suck it up!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Havas Worldwide in October 2012.

I contacted the HR person through email, asking about any openings at the company. I was brought in to interview for a freelance position and met with two team members. I waited a week or so and then was brought back in to meet with another team.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt really any difficult questions. Standard questions about my experience and what I'm looking for in the position.   Answer Question
    I would advise others to try to negotiate the salary, as I just took what I could get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Havas Worldwide in January 2011.

Interviewed with HR, she asked me very basic interview questions. Interview lasted 20-30 minutes but she did most of the talking. It was a very informative interview, though I wasn't called back for a second (I think because I'm still in school/interviewed too early). It seems like a great place to work though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Havas Worldwide in May 2010.

After submitting a resume, contacted for a phone interview which lasted around 30-45 minutes. I was asked to come to the NYC office for an in-person interview and it lasted around 30 minutes. I was asked about my experiences, why I chose my school, what interested me about the company, why I thought this was the right industry for me and the right position for me as well as what I had to offer. I was in a small office, was not given a tour of the agency which seemed odd after working in an ad agency the previous summer. The office was messy, the two interviewers were rude and checking their e-mail throughout the process. I was not treated as though they were giving me a chance, but as if they had already made a decision before I walked in the door. I had an uneasy feeling leaving the interview. After flying all the way to NYC which was not paid for by the company, I received an impersonal e-mail rejection that following Monday, the interview took place on a Friday.