Havas Worldwide

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Havas Worldwide in November 2014.

got a business card at portfolio review and asked for an interview. They contacted me less than a week and schedule an in-person interview. First they said it's finalized decision so I thought I got the position but then they didn't contact me. I emailed and they said I didn't get it. After about a week they contacted me again and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to see a lot from the portfolio instead of asking questions   Answer Question

They changed their decisions two times.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Havas Worldwide.

Arrogant senior leaders who like to hear themselves talk, and aren't really interested in learning about the candidate or how the person can contribute. Chief Creative Officer is down right offensive and a law suit waiting to happen. And I've spent over 10 years in the industry so I've seen and experienced a lot of personalities. During my interview he played uncensored rap music (and not softly in the background I might add), he dropped the f bomb more times than i can count and he went on and on about how amazing he is. I literally wanted to run screaming from his office.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember them asking me any questions about my experience or about myself.   Answer Question

New Business Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Havas Worldwide.

1 phone interview with HR and 1 phone interview with 3 other New Biz members

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge? is the workload a problem for you?   Answer Question

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Havas Worldwide in January 2014.

Fast interview process. Went from one phone interview to in-person interviews in under a week. Quick offer and negotiation process. Less than desirable moving package but did get the offer of corporate housing or a moving allowance.

They did not move much from their original offer.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Havas Worldwide in September 2013.

I was referred by a friend and first contacted by Michelle Diaz. She set up the interview with the chief talent officer and they squeezed in a meeting with the Global A count Director. After that, HR set up a couple other interviews and then asked for references. I had to follow up with HR more times that I would've liked throughout this process. Not sure what took them so long when the Account lead was sold on hiring me and wanted it done quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They mainly wanted me to talk about my experience. And I got a lot of information about the team dynamic and client challenges, which made it easy to know what I was getting myself into.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Havas Worldwide in July 2013.

I applied online in April for the position but was contacted a few months after. I set up a phone interview which went well and was contacted two days later saying that my resume was sent out to some of the teams and they wanted to bring me in for an interview. I was then passed off to an intern who scheduled me with the team and also with an HR person. I get an email on Monday at 5:30pm saying the HR person had to cancel and would I be available to come in the next day to meet with another HR person and also come in that Wednesday to meet with the team. I adjusted my schedule and agreed to do the last minute interview but when I arrived, apparently the new HR person wasn't available either so they had me meet with someone who didn't deal with the account side of recruiting. She was nice, seemed to enjoy what she did but what stood out to me was she said there were no AAE spots open but there defiantly were because I was specifically told in the original interview. The next morning I am getting prepared for my team interview when all of a sudden the intern emails me with a generic rejection email. So I email the HR person I met with and I inquire about the interview and I was told the team had to cancel last minute. If I had not emailed someone I would have wasted my time showing up. So I then press the issue about no spots being open and about an hour later I'm told that she double checked and there were indeed spots open and she would send my resume out... again and also reschedule my original team interview. I followed up 2 days later to check in and surprisingly I receive no answer. This was a very unprofessional experience and in all honestly, a pretty big waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Havas Worldwide in July 2013.

I applied for the job online and was contacted by the HR person about an interview. She said it could be a phone interview or in person so I chose to go into the office. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and was mainly me explaining my work experience and resume. The interviewer then called someone else to see if they could come meet me but they were not available. I followed up with her after the interview and 2 weeks later she said they did not have any open positions.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Havas Worldwide.

Simple, clean process. Met with a few account teams over the course of the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What attracted you to the account side of the business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Havas Worldwide.

I had a phone Interview to get an internship. Then I had an in person interview for the internship. I got it, and then applied for the AAE position as the internship came to an end by updating my resume, speaking with HR, and getting in-company recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • for the internship, they asked me about my past internships that were not in advertising. This was unexpected, but I think they wanted to know if I was well rounded or not. For the AAE position, they asked me if I thought I was ready for this.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I said I'd think about it, but I had already taken the offer in my mind. It is a bad economy out there and we should take what we can get... no questions asked and suck it up!

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Havas Worldwide in October 2012.

I sent my resume to HR inquiring about a internship during the school year. I heard back within two weeks. I was called in to tour the agency and interviewed with two people who would be my supervisors. Three weeks later I was offered the position and I was asked to start immediately, even though it was half way through the semester and I was looking for something for the following semester.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my resume, previous internship experiences, why I was passionate about advertising.   Answer Question
    I was an intern, normally they pay $12, but I received school credit.