Havas Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Director Interview

Strategy Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Havas Worldwide in January 2014.

Interview Details – Fast interview process. Went from one phone interview to in-person interviews in under a week. Quick offer and negotiation process. Less than desirable moving package but did get the offer of corporate housing or a moving allowance.

Negotiation Details – They did not move much from their original offer.

New Business Intern Interview

New Business Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Havas Worldwide.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview with HR and 1 phone interview with 3 other New Biz members

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge? is the workload a problem for you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Havas Worldwide in October 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted the HR person through email, asking about any openings at the company. I was brought in to interview for a freelance position and met with two team members. I waited a week or so and then was brought back in to meet with another team.

Interview Question – There wasnt really any difficult questions. Standard questions about my experience and what I'm looking for in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would advise others to try to negotiate the salary, as I just took what I could get.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Senior Account Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Havas Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and first contacted by Michelle Diaz. She set up the interview with the chief talent officer and they squeezed in a meeting with the Global A count Director. After that, HR set up a couple other interviews and then asked for references. I had to follow up with HR more times that I would've liked throughout this process. Not sure what took them so long when the Account lead was sold on hiring me and wanted it done quickly.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They mainly wanted me to talk about my experience. And I got a lot of information about the team dynamic and client challenges, which made it easy to know what I was getting myself into.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Havas Worldwide in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online and was contacted by the HR person about an interview. She said it could be a phone interview or in person so I chose to go into the office. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and was mainly me explaining my work experience and resume. The interviewer then called someone else to see if they could come meet me but they were not available. I followed up with her after the interview and 2 weeks later she said they did not have any open positions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in advertising?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Havas Worldwide in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online in April for the position but was contacted a few months after. I set up a phone interview which went well and was contacted two days later saying that my resume was sent out to some of the teams and they wanted to bring me in for an interview. I was then passed off to an intern who scheduled me with the team and also with an HR person. I get an email on Monday at 5:30pm saying the HR person had to cancel and would I be available to come in the next day to meet with another HR person and also come in that Wednesday to meet with the team. I adjusted my schedule and agreed to do the last minute interview but when I arrived, apparently the new HR person wasn't available either so they had me meet with someone who didn't deal with the account side of recruiting. She was nice, seemed to enjoy what she did but what stood out to me was she said there were no AAE spots open but there defiantly were because I was specifically told in the original interview. The next morning I am getting prepared for my team interview when all of a sudden the intern emails me with a generic rejection email. So I email the HR person I met with and I inquire about the interview and I was told the team had to cancel last minute. If I had not emailed someone I would have wasted my time showing up. So I then press the issue about no spots being open and about an hour later I'm told that she double checked and there were indeed spots open and she would send my resume out... again and also reschedule my original team interview. I followed up 2 days later to check in and surprisingly I receive no answer. This was a very unprofessional experience and in all honestly, a pretty big waste of my time.

Interview Question – What's your least favorite advertisement ?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Traffic Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Havas Worldwide in June 2009.

Interview Details – Seemed to be a walk in the park. I had only a few months of experience and the director said to me "we need to sell ourselves to you not the other way". That right there was my incentive to take the job. Smaller company then so I definitely was looking for that.

Interview Question – what your always asked "how do you deal with difficult people"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was none.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Havas Worldwide.

Interview Details – Simple, clean process. Met with a few account teams over the course of the internship.

Interview Question – What attracted you to the account side of the business?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Havas Worldwide in October 2012.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to HR inquiring about a internship during the school year. I heard back within two weeks. I was called in to tour the agency and interviewed with two people who would be my supervisors. Three weeks later I was offered the position and I was asked to start immediately, even though it was half way through the semester and I was looking for something for the following semester.

Interview Question – They asked me about my resume, previous internship experiences, why I was passionate about advertising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was an intern, normally they pay $12, but I received school credit.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Havas Worldwide.

Interview Details – I had a phone Interview to get an internship. Then I had an in person interview for the internship. I got it, and then applied for the AAE position as the internship came to an end by updating my resume, speaking with HR, and getting in-company recommendations.

Interview Question – for the internship, they asked me about my past internships that were not in advertising. This was unexpected, but I think they wanted to know if I was well rounded or not. For the AAE position, they asked me if I thought I was ready for this.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I said I'd think about it, but I had already taken the offer in my mind. It is a bad economy out there and we should take what we can get... no questions asked and suck it up!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Havas Worldwide

Worked for Havas Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Havas Worldwide Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Havas Worldwide interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Havas Worldwide employees and interview candidates.