Haver Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.1

Economic Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Haver Analytics in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two team managers. They asked about what classes I'd taken for economics and about Excel experience. They also asked two simple questions about macroeconomics. I heard back the same day.

Senior Economic Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Haver Analytics.

Interview

interview by 2 people of senior management , questions about what they do , why you want to work here, where you see yourself in 5 years, previous experience, programming skills, ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Senior Economic Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Haver Analytics.

Interview

Email for a face to face interview. You don't have to be over dressed for the interview. They all were casually or business casually dressed. So ladies you dont have to wear heels. It's a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• Basic economics questions. Whats the difference between macro and micro?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

In person interview with two people. Relaxed environment and very conversational. Applied through school and got called to come for an interview at their office. Took about four days to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. What do you know about Haver, how did you hear of us?   Answer Question

Database Manager/Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Haver Analytics (New York, NY).

Interview

There is two rounds of the interview for Haver. First it is basic interview question like why you want work for Haver? How do you understand the position that you are applying for? Tell us about you self? And a few economic questions like whats the difference between micro and macroeconomics?
    The second interview round is not hard. You are getting to know people who is currently working for Haver. Meeting from HR to Top managers and CEO. They are asking the same question and what to know why you feel around strangers and how easy you can become a part of they team.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans in 5 years?   1 Answer

Economic Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Haver Analytics.

Interview

How did you find out about this position?
    How much did you know about Haver?
    They just want to make sure you know how to use computers, take economic class and can work minimum for 1 year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

By email.

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Interview

ask you basic economic questions, such as what is four factors for economic growth, what do you know about company, how is the operation working, what position are you interested in, what is your plan for five years

Interview Questions

• ask you excel function questions, and statistical questions   Answer Question

Database Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Haver Analytics (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I made it through one round of the interview process and then declined the second round interview. The first round was pretty standard. I met with a couple of people, both of whom were pretty stiff. The first gentlema asked me to tell me what I knew about the company and described the company's basic operations, while also asking me some general questions about economics (such as what are four factors to measure economic progress). The next guy asked me some general excel questions. The whole process probably took about 45 minutes at most and wasn't that difficult if you prepare some economic knowledge

Interview Questions

• What are four economic factors used to mark economic progress   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Haver Analytics (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

They basically notify you by e-mail that they are interested interviewing you with time slot availabilities. You choose the time and go in. They ask questions geared towards your interest in working at their company. They also touch upon technical macro economic questions, such as indicators, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They offer and you agree or disagree.

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's career website. I got called for an interview within a week or so. They just asked about my work experience and why I would want to work there, and whether I had any questions for them. I'm studying financial engineering so they emphasized the fact that most of the work would not deal with much analysis.