Hawaiian Airlines

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aircraft Engineer Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fun, friendly, and informal. I had the opportunity to meet many people throughout the building with which I would soon be calling my colleagues.

Interview Question – "So, why Hawaiian Airlines?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negociate a slightly higher salary.

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in April 2013.

Interview Details – Group of 20.
Trivia about the company
Split into groups of 5 teamwork
answer trivia ques about HAL
come up with a team name
design a airline company
describe the brand you created

Interview Question – describe something unique about you in a second language AND in english.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2nd interview

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Honolulu, HI

I applied online - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview first and then panel interview then email training schedule

Interview Question – None, only general interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got better offer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email that I had been invited for a group interview. Did the group interview, and then a written test. We were told some would be picked for individual interviews. I did get a personal interview but it was really rushed. That was stressful. I had questions I wanted to ask and got one answered but then they rushed me out the door.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – Massive group interview at Blaisdell Arena, literally 300 people at a time being broken into groups and interviewed as a group.

Interview Questions

• A group exercise that made you create with your group your own airlines, along with slogan, niche, logo, philosophy, and name. They gave you 10 minutes to do this.   View Answer
  • Name your group interview team, what animal would you all be, and what sound would you make?   View Answer
  • What makes you unique?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was about 300 people at a convention center. 200 through out the day for90 positions. 5$ parking fee. You arrived and they played this strange game of mouse. First you were asked to identify yourself by your first name? Then you went into line 1 to make sure you could reach in the overhead compartment of an airplane. After that the guy mumbled and said line up in line B. I went to the back then someone else said line up in front? So I lines up in first name alphebetical order in a large line. I think I had already failed the course by that time. I did think I looked pretty in my suit though. Went to a room with 25 people. Q. If you were a name brand what brand would you be? I was no. 3 and I couldn't really come up with something. Then we were divided into groups of 4 and asked if you were on a boat that was sinking and you had 6 people to put into a lifeboat who would you put? You have 12 people and their occupations and age. We said that we would choose random people because it was a life or death situation. I don't that was the write answer because we kind of didn't follow directions. That was it and maybe next time!!

Interview Questions

• what brand would you be if you would associate yourself with a brand?   Answer Question
  • If you were a Captain of a boat that was sinking and you had a lifeboat with 6 places in it choose 6 of 12 people to go into the lifeboat.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 2 managers, basic stuff like: Why Hawaiian, and Tell me about yourself. Then they got into situations like customer problems, and how to handle them, also if I would be available any hours and days. The Station Manager was all over the place and seemed like she didn't know a lot of her operations. The Asst Mgr new his stuff, and was able to correct a lot of things casually so not to show up the manager.

Interview Question – Airport operations and security   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hawaiian Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hawaiian Airlines interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hawaiian Airlines employees and interview candidates.