Hawaiian Airlines

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SeaTac, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email to schedule an interview in three days. The first interview was a group interview with the Assistant manager and four other agents. I got an email back for a second interview that was scheduled the following week. This interview was with 7 other people, two agents doing the interview and someone taking notes on the side. We introduced ourselves, was given an island to tell a customer traveling there what to check out and had to answer a question like how would you handle a difficult customer.

Interview Question – Introduce yourself and with the first letter of your name give us a word that best describes you.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview Details – Phone screen from HR followed by computer based test in maths, logic and critical thinking. Then couple rounds of interviews, mostly case interviews with behavioral interview questions. I had to wait for weeks for next round interviews. For one position, besides the director and VP, another analyst joined the interview asking all sorts of technical questions to make sure you didn't boast your skills in the resume.

Interview Question – They just threw a business case at you with some information and ask you if it is a good decision. You need to ask them more questions to identify the real question. They just wanted to see the way you think and how organized and logical you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation. It was either take it or leave it.

Aircraft Engineer Interview

Aircraft Engineer
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fun, friendly, and informal. I had the opportunity to meet many people throughout the building with which I would soon be calling my colleagues.

Interview Question – "So, why Hawaiian Airlines?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negociate a slightly higher salary.

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in April 2013.

Interview Details – Group of 20.
Trivia about the company
Split into groups of 5 teamwork
answer trivia ques about HAL
come up with a team name
design a airline company
describe the brand you created

Interview Question – describe something unique about you in a second language AND in english.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2nd interview

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Honolulu, HI

I applied online - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview first and then panel interview then email training schedule

Interview Question – None, only general interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got better offer

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email that I had been invited for a group interview. Did the group interview, and then a written test. We were told some would be picked for individual interviews. I did get a personal interview but it was really rushed. That was stressful. I had questions I wanted to ask and got one answered but then they rushed me out the door.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – Massive group interview at Blaisdell Arena, literally 300 people at a time being broken into groups and interviewed as a group.

Interview Questions

• A group exercise that made you create with your group your own airlines, along with slogan, niche, logo, philosophy, and name. They gave you 10 minutes to do this.   View Answer
  • Name your group interview team, what animal would you all be, and what sound would you make?   View Answer
  • What makes you unique?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was about 300 people at a convention center. 200 through out the day for90 positions. 5$ parking fee. You arrived and they played this strange game of mouse. First you were asked to identify yourself by your first name? Then you went into line 1 to make sure you could reach in the overhead compartment of an airplane. After that the guy mumbled and said line up in line B. I went to the back then someone else said line up in front? So I lines up in first name alphebetical order in a large line. I think I had already failed the course by that time. I did think I looked pretty in my suit though. Went to a room with 25 people. Q. If you were a name brand what brand would you be? I was no. 3 and I couldn't really come up with something. Then we were divided into groups of 4 and asked if you were on a boat that was sinking and you had 6 people to put into a lifeboat who would you put? You have 12 people and their occupations and age. We said that we would choose random people because it was a life or death situation. I don't that was the write answer because we kind of didn't follow directions. That was it and maybe next time!!

Interview Questions

• what brand would you be if you would associate yourself with a brand?   Answer Question
  • If you were a Captain of a boat that was sinking and you had a lifeboat with 6 places in it choose 6 of 12 people to go into the lifeboat.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 2 managers, basic stuff like: Why Hawaiian, and Tell me about yourself. Then they got into situations like customer problems, and how to handle them, also if I would be available any hours and days. The Station Manager was all over the place and seemed like she didn't know a lot of her operations. The Asst Mgr new his stuff, and was able to correct a lot of things casually so not to show up the manager.

Interview Question – Airport operations and security   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Worked for Hawaiian Airlines? Contribute to the Community!