Haworth Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2014

Engineering Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Haworth in May 2014.

Received a phone interview. The questions were average in difficulty and most of them were expected. 3-4 weeks later I got called for an on-site interview. Had two 1-hour interviews with 3 people in each and one half hour interview with the HR recruiter. Interviews weren't anything out of the ordinary. Got an offer a little over a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were worded funny and needed clarification.   Answer Question

Lowball, non-competitive offer. $7200 under mean for position/location according to salary websites. No option to negotiate anything. This was frustrating as I was upfront about my desired base salary and they were $7200 under. They shouldn't have wasted my time or theirs. Total compensation was not really any better than what I currently made.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Haworth in January 2013.

Lengthy and confusing. Be sure to for specifics about bonus as HR deems bonus as an "extra" instead of part of your compensation. The "bonus incentive plan" is based upon a quota that may be half of what you are assigned. ASK QUESTIONS about bonus and get it in writing.

Interview Questions
    • They were recruiting me and charming me into coming to their shop of horrors. No tough questions.   Answer Question
    Salaries are set no matter what market. 65K for BDM 75K for Senior BDM. Quotas are set after you are hired and management had great difficulty communicating bonus plan because manager did not understand.

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Haworth.

I had a few phone interviews and then flew in for a full day of face-to-face interviews with several people, usually interviewing in pairs. Interestingly, after the very first contact, I was never interviewed by HR, only the business group that I would be working with. I would have appreciated more discussion with HR. A lot of time (too much time) elapsed between each phone interview, the onsite visit, and the job offer. When I questioned them about this, they explained it was because they were just soooo busy and also because they didn't think I'd accept an offer anyway because of the salary I was seeking. I actually had to explain them that it was customary to negotiate a salary.

Interview Questions
    • I was very well-prepared and didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult or unexpected. However, they did ask for many examples of difficult or challenging situations I faced on previous jobs, how I handled them, and the outcomes. They asked many questions about my responses, seeming to dig deep in order to verify that I really did know what I was talking about and that I had the competence and experience that I claimed. I actually enjoyed the interview experience and appreciated that they took that much trouble to verify my qualifications.   Answer Question
    It was awkward and difficult. I gave away too much during the negotiation. I was very impressed with some aspects of the company and the job, and probably appeared too eager. They offered the low end of the range we originally discussed. They said the range they initially mentioned was actually a mistake. The manager said that as a compromise, I would get a promotion and raise within the first year if I proved my worth. (I should have got that in writing...my mistake.) Despite excellent (and documented) performance reviews and ratings, my salary wasn't raised to the level we agreed. The manager explained that the "powers that be" wouldn't authorize it. I would have left, but the ups and downs in the economy over the years were too disconcerting. Instead, I adjusted my effort and performance level to match my compensation level. I am now actively seeking a new job.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Haworth in April 2011.

Step 1- Phone interview with recruiter
    Step 2- Interview typically with multiple levels on management (3 for me)
    *You'll be required to submit copies of your W2 forms proving how much you're currently earning.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Warn your references that they'll be called upon to site specific instances where you displayed specific qualities. My recruiter made one reference feel like he was under interrogation. He told me later that the recruiter made him feel like he had "done something wrong." That recruiter is not longer with Haworth.   Answer Question
    Offer was made my the person I reported to. I was mislead about bonus compensation and regret that I didn't get the verbal commitments in writing.

Design Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Haworth in April 2009.

I was called by the Marketing Manager and asked to take a position developing a software program that analized data based on competitive applications.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. My experience was necessary for the project and I was called and offered the job I did not apply.   Answer Question
    They couldn't meet my consulting wage but the reduction in hours and focus on a sigle project appealed to me.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Big Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Haworth in March 2013.

Applied and was called for testing within 24 hours which impressed me at the time there were 20-25 people in for testing all in their 20's and 30's all 30 to 40 years younger than me. Called one week latter for interview with HR and Team Leader interview started 30 minutes late but ok interview started out with statement from interviewers that they were impressed with testing results I posted and the years of experience I had in previous positions. Questions were right out of the HR play book no suprises no extremely hard questions all pretty standard interview. They asked me my views of doing quality work in any endevor I under took and my safety in work place views as well as production goals that may be required answered and accepted by them as fitting in with their standards and beliefs for positions. At end of interview I asked them the question about how in their view interview went and again they stated they were impressed and it appeared that I may be a very good fit and it was left at that.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to return to work force after retirement after 40 years.   View Answer

Senior Architectural & Design Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Haworth.

Haworth has a very thorough interviewing process. It starts with an interview with their "talent acqusition" department (HR). Then it will progress to a personality test, aptitude test, background check, drug screening, as well as filling out the Haworth company application. Of course, through this process one can expect to be interviewd by many management members from the local, San Francisco territory to make sure the candidate is a good fit for the rest of the team.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question that came from Haworth during the hiring/offer process was that they ask potential new team members for the past three years of their W2's to come up with a compensation package. Haworth is a privately owned company to this day, so they have the right to ask for this information.   Answer Question
    The negotiation process was painless and extremely fair.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Haworth in February 2011.

Interviewed with HR then two one on one meetings with two supervisors. HR did not follow up after interview despite me reaching out to them.

Sales Director Northern Latin America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Haworth in November 2009.

First I was contacted through Linkedin, then I sustained a series of conference calls, then a 1:1 interview and finally a Chally assesment on line survey.

Interview Questions
    • How to make the Mexican country market to growth overall?   View Answer
    • How does the brand is perceived on the market?   View Answer
    Interesting but messy, It was not clear the benefits or the kind of skills needed. Also the compensation package was kind of blurry

Factory Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Haworth in September 2010.

Communication was excellent. Office staff very professional and on time. Interveiw panel was very fair. Advice for others not to choke when they ask certain questions. Be ready and prepared because everything they ask you deal with everyday. They look for good quality and honest hard working people. Make sure you are willing to flex wherever possible the more you know the better off you are. People are very friendly and easy to talk to. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to be under pressure and meet a certain deadline.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a confertation at work with another co-worker how did you handle it   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate a second chance. Did not make the first round of hirees but they gave me a second chance and I got the job! Advice for others is to be ready to work be on time and be prepared for anything. Very friendly enviroment.

Worked for Haworth? Contribute to the Community!