Hay Group

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.2

Office Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hay Group.

interview process was standard they asked questions such as (1) why do you want this position (2) what are your strengths and weakness (3). how do you stay organized (4). the wait was rather long through.

Interview Questions
    • how would you describe a difficult situation, how do you overcome challenges or a challenging situation. how would you handle the following situation. why do you think you would be a great fit,   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hay Group.

it took 2 weeks, the first interview I talked with two people, one is an HR, the other is a senior consultant. The second interview i talked with the team leader. All of them were 30 minutes.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hay Group in May 2014.

Basic first round phone interview, then got called in for an in-person interview. First met with the two project managers, then met with the director and another analyst. Very easy going and everyone was very nice.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hay Group.

I had an on-site interview with a manager. The whole interview process was very smooth and most of the questions were typical behavioral questions like "Do you prefer working independently or in groups?" or " How do you balance life and work?". The manager described the organization and the position in detail.

Assistant Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hay Group in February 2014.

Interview is laid back
    But can be deceiving as you have to maintain professionalism
    Interview based on behavioral questions
    questions included: What is your greatest strength?, Why did you choose hay group? describe a time when you had a conflict with a family member? what would you choose between timeliness and quality

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation when you were unable to fulfill a goal? what did you learn from it and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hay Group in June 2013.

I had an phone interview first with one of the HR and then was scheduled for on-site interview. Typical behavioral questions and go through the resume. Both of the interviewer are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position? Introduce yourself?
      Your favorite experience?
      How do you handle multiple things simultaneously?

Answer Question
    i didn't negotiate

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hay Group.

While there were job postings, I networked my way towards the hiring manager and found myself in the hiring process that way. I sought out other informational interview subjects, and then got to discuss the unit's business with someone inside it. After completing some psychometric tests, I had this more in depth interview about a particular experience. We discussed roles and responsibilities more generally, and it was a very friendly conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hay Group.

Very time consuming and useless. After speaking with HR who then contacted me 2 months later I was forwarded to a Partner. I had an hour long phone conversation. Then they requested I take 5 assessments at home (6.5 hrs) and meet with a sr. leader.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest challenge was when I showed up for my 3rd interview, I was told I was interviewing for a different position, which was less attractive...Partners don't seem to speak to each other there and seems there were different agendas at play.   View Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hay Group in November 2011.

smooth interview process. met with 3 individuals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hay Group in October 2011.

Phone interview with senior principal first. Seemed to clear the way for the offer but still had many hoops to jump through. Next was interviews with analysts/associates/mid-level consultants (3 more at that level, and 2 more with other principals in practice group). All interviews were easy, friendly, conversational. Very good experience. Following that was an intense battery of psychological and analytical tests, which I personally enjoyed. Over a few occasions, tests amounted to about 5 hours of work, no prep required (or possible, really). The company basically throws the book of its HR consulting product offerings at each candidate and then uses those to make a hiring decision, or to help in making the hiring decision. Interesting process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. Interview process really felt like they wanted to bring in a new team member. Good feelings all around during the interview process. Spent a lot of time doing standard stuff, like describing my background, why I want to switch to consulting, etc etc. I feel like I usually excel in interview processes, so I'm not sure I can be an objective source on this topic. There is an Excel test (not too hard if you are a TRUE intermediate or advanced user), a pictogram you need to describe in a few hundred words or so, a series of analytical reasoning questions basically like what's used on the LSAT, and a 2 hour behavioral psychology interview with an in-house practitioner.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate (maybe I should have) but I felt the offer was high enough. Maybe I felt no need to negotiate because I was making nearly a 50% jump from my previous job.