Hay Group

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Hay Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Basic first round phone interview, then got called in for an in-person interview. First met with the two project managers, then met with the director and another analyst. Very easy going and everyone was very nice.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Intern Interview

Actuarial Analyst Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hay Group.

Interview Details – it took 2 weeks, the first interview I talked with two people, one is an HR, the other is a senior consultant. The second interview i talked with the team leader. All of them were 30 minutes.

Interview Question – almost behavior and technical questions   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Analyst Interview

Assistant Operations Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hay Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview is laid back
But can be deceiving as you have to maintain professionalism
Interview based on behavioral questions
questions included: What is your greatest strength?, Why did you choose hay group? describe a time when you had a conflict with a family member? what would you choose between timeliness and quality

Interview Question – describe a situation when you were unable to fulfill a goal? what did you learn from it and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hay Group.

Interview Details – I had an on-site interview with a manager. The whole interview process was very smooth and most of the questions were typical behavioral questions like "Do you prefer working independently or in groups?" or " How do you balance life and work?". The manager described the organization and the position in detail.

Interview Question – Have you ever had difficulty with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hay Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had an phone interview first with one of the HR and then was scheduled for on-site interview. Typical behavioral questions and go through the resume. Both of the interviewer are very nice.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position? Introduce yourself?
Your favorite experience?
How do you handle multiple things simultaneously?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hay Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with senior principal first. Seemed to clear the way for the offer but still had many hoops to jump through. Next was interviews with analysts/associates/mid-level consultants (3 more at that level, and 2 more with other principals in practice group). All interviews were easy, friendly, conversational. Very good experience. Following that was an intense battery of psychological and analytical tests, which I personally enjoyed. Over a few occasions, tests amounted to about 5 hours of work, no prep required (or possible, really). The company basically throws the book of its HR consulting product offerings at each candidate and then uses those to make a hiring decision, or to help in making the hiring decision. Interesting process.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. Interview process really felt like they wanted to bring in a new team member. Good feelings all around during the interview process. Spent a lot of time doing standard stuff, like describing my background, why I want to switch to consulting, etc etc. I feel like I usually excel in interview processes, so I'm not sure I can be an objective source on this topic. There is an Excel test (not too hard if you are a TRUE intermediate or advanced user), a pictogram you need to describe in a few hundred words or so, a series of analytical reasoning questions basically like what's used on the LSAT, and a 2 hour behavioral psychology interview with an in-house practitioner.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate (maybe I should have) but I felt the offer was high enough. Maybe I felt no need to negotiate because I was making nearly a 50% jump from my previous job.

Associate Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hay Group.

Interview Details – While there were job postings, I networked my way towards the hiring manager and found myself in the hiring process that way. I sought out other informational interview subjects, and then got to discuss the unit's business with someone inside it. After completing some psychometric tests, I had this more in depth interview about a particular experience. We discussed roles and responsibilities more generally, and it was a very friendly conversation.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hay Group.

Interview Details – Very time consuming and useless. After speaking with HR who then contacted me 2 months later I was forwarded to a Partner. I had an hour long phone conversation. Then they requested I take 5 assessments at home (6.5 hrs) and meet with a sr. leader.

Interview Question – Biggest challenge was when I showed up for my 3rd interview, I was told I was interviewing for a different position, which was less attractive...Partners don't seem to speak to each other there and seems there were different agendas at play.   View Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hay Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – smooth interview process. met with 3 individuals.

Interview Question – tell me the your cons   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hay Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruited to have the interview with the hay group and the overall interview was about 45 mins. The recruiter would give you a excel test first because this position requires advanced excel skills. If you have a high score on the test then the recruiter would ask you to interview with them first. I was fortunate to pass the excel test and also confident of my excel skills. Finally, I interviewed with the HR representative and the department manager. They basically asked your experience and describe the job duties. At last, they gave me a small test regarding how I prioritize the task. This was interesting.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hay Group

Worked for Hay Group? Contribute to the Community!