Haymarket Media Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014
5 interviews

2.3

Quicker Interview

It was great, fast, and easy. Everyone was very helpful and cordial

It was very good and fair

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Haymarket Media in January 2012.

I found the initial job on Craigslist, and it was originally for a temp position. I was contacted via email and came in to have an interview. I had an verbal interview with my future boss (I don't think they have independent interviewers here). I came in for a second interview. I was picked for an interview because I included a letter of recommendation with my resume when this was not asked. I was told it helped me stand out.

It was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was basically told that they were concerned that I would find the work boring - this caught me off guard.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I would recommend that someone try it! Why not?

Media Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Teddington, London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teddington, London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Haymarket Media in May 2012.

A group assessment centre with around 10 other candidates. First impressions were good. Assessors were very friendly and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The day started with group ice breakers, used to get to know each person as well as the assessors. This was followed by a group presentation which provided a lot of useful information about the company and the role itself.
    We then completed a group exercise which was a debate. This was followed by the chance to speak to a current Sales Executive, getting to know what the role entailed on a day to day basis - good and bad!
    Individual interviews followed after a lunch break

Interview Questions
    • The group debate was challenging as it was a subject which I didn't know much about and I was conscious too not talk over people but at the same time pitch in enough to stand out to the assessors.
      The individual interview was a good experience with two of the assessors asking standard interview questions and some sales situation questions etc. Some tough questions but not too difficult
        Answer Question
    salary £19k plus 40% commission

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Haymarket Media in January 2013.

Not great, no portfolio required. Just cold called from an agency, who were very pushy, 1st interview was interesting, second with senior staffer was just about how great he was and how he was best friend's with M Heseltine. Ridiculous egotistical man. Glad I turned it down, wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions

Didn't trust the integrity of the interviewer

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Haymarket Media in December 2013.

Extremely unprofessional recruitment process. Avoid this company unless you are unemployed.

I applied for the HR Advisor position directly and I have been interviewed on the phone without a notice period and without an invitation, and after being rejected I received an interview invitation!

I received a phone call from HR in December, and I thought it was a phone call to confirm my details and availability as is usual before the official interview, therefore I did not mention that it was not the appropriate time or place to speak. However, after the conversation I realized that the call was an official telephone interview. The fact of the matter is I have been interviewed without a notice period and without receiving an invitation. She asked me questions about my CV and my last role, why I am interested in the job and the company and what my goals and objectives are for the next 5 years !!!

After a week I received a rejection letter. Surprisingly the following day, I received another email and according to this email my application status was changed to telephone interview for the same day!!!

Normally, the interview invitation should have been sent before the interview itself. There appear to have been not only a series of clerical errors, but also the regular protocol for interview invitation not followed correctly. I suspect the email may have been sent for audit purposes, to show the recruitment process has been correctly followed.

I understand and respect that they might have more suitable candidates (probably an internal candidate! ); my only concern is how the recruitment process takes instructions from Haymarket, why the HR lady interviewed me with NO Notice period, and why I received the invitation after the telephonic interview.

The surprise telephonic interview was clearly unfair, as it is obvious that in order to have an effective and efficient recruitment process, candidates must get the interview invitation first and have enough time for preparation.

Interview Questions
    • It was an unexpected telephone Interview, without an interview invitation and the recruiter lady was extremely unprofessional and careless.   Answer Question

Worked for Haymarket Media? Contribute to the Community!